FIFA 15's Ultimate Team has introduced a completely new type of player for acquisition, with the goal of representing their individual moments and special honours throughout their respective careers.
There are currently two types available as reported via EA Sports, including:
Award HeroThese honour individual league awards, including Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year.
Club HeroThese honour a player's heroic contribution during important matches including a league derby, promotions to a higher league, or saving their club from relegation.
The first batch of Hero Items are as follows.
Hero Items – May 5
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea FC - England) - Named Player of The Year and in TOTY with 18 goals so far, winning League Cup & Premier League title.
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur - England) - Lifted the Young Player of The Year award after scoring 30 goals so far this season.
- Joe Garner (Preston North End - England) - Named League 1 POTY and followed that with a hat-trick in a 3-0 win to put Preston on the verge of promotion!
- Patrick Bamford (Middlesborough - England) - Named the Championship's Player of the Year for a very successful loan spell from Chelsea.
- Dele Alli (MK Dons - England) - Named Football League Young Player of the Year making him most impressive 21 or under player in all 72 FL clubs.
- Stefan Johansen (Celtic - Scotland) - named Scottish FA Player of the Year yesterday after his club Celtic sealed the title.
Club Heroes (Promotion)
- Callum Wilson (Bournemouth - England) - Scored and won a PK in Bournemouth's 3-0 win vs. Bolton which all but confirmed their promotion.
- Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro (Shrewsbury Town - England) - Scored the goal that promoted Shrewsbury and relegated Cheltenham at the same time.
- Troy Deeney (Watford - England) - Scored the all-important opener in Watford's 2-0 win at Brighton which sealed their promotion.
- Dean Lewington (MK Dons - England) - scored a brace which saw his team promoted on the final game of the season.
- Tom Soares (Bury - England) - Soares goal in the 1-0 win at Tranmere secured Bury promotion to League One at the expense of Southend.
Club Heroes (Avoid Relegation)
- Jordan Hugill (Hartlepool United - England) - Hugill scored the winning goal that ensured Hartlepool avoided relegation from the Football League.
- Danny Ward (Rotherham United - England) - Grabbed two assists in 2-1 win against Reading which secured their Championship survival.
- Ramy Bensebaini (Lierse S.K. - Belgium) - Top performer in the decisive relegation duel vs. Cercle Brugge (3-1), great defending also scoring the late 2-1 knockout.
- George Moncur (Colchester United) - Scored the winning goal to secure Colchester United's League One status.
This first batch will be available until Monday, May 11th. Future hero items will only be around for 24 hour time periods. EA has noted that "like Team of the Week or Man of the Match items, a player's hero item will be rated higher than his previous in-form but below his potential Team of the Season and/or Team of the Year in-form".
The best Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare teams from around the world are set to compete at the Gfinity Spring Masters I, May 8-10th. You can grab tickets to spectate the entire thing live, or read up on additional information here.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @GfinityOnline.