Spartans, are you ready!?
We’re now a mere week away from the launch of the UK and ROI Halo World Championship Grand Final, as the regions most talented Spartans prepare to show off their abilities and skill in the final online qualifier this Sunday, January 10th.
As we await the confirmation of the top sixteen UK and ROI Halo 5 teams and come to the end of our preparations at the Gfinity Arena, we wanted to ensure all of our UK and ROI Halo World Championship participants and fans are aware of the official event format.
UK Live Event Format:
- 16 Teams
- 4 Groups of 4 Teams – Dual Format into Single Elimination
- Top 2 from Groups qualify for Quarter Finals
- The winners from the Semi Finals qualify for the EMEA Regional Finals and will play in a UK final to decide who walks away as the winner of the Live Event
- The losers from the Semi Finals play each other in a 3rd/4th Playoff, where the winner qualifies for the EMEA Regional Finals
- Therefore, top 3 from the UK Live Event qualify for EMEA Regional Finals
- All Group and Quarter Final Matches are BO3
- Semi Finals, 3rd/4th Playoff, Grand Final are BO5
Prize Pool Breakdown:
1st Place - £5000 / $7500
2nd Place - £3000 / $4500
3rd Place - £2000 / $3000
Teams must submit a roster of 4 players in order to be considered for a spot at the UK Live Event. Teams can submit a roster by competing on the online cup on Sunday January 10th, or by emailing their roster - Full Names, Gfinity Usernames, Gamertags – to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm GMT on Saturday 9th if they are unable to participate in the tournament on January 10th.
Keep up to date with all the latest gaming and eSports news via our Twitter: @Gfinity.