NBA 2K21's demo has finally made its worldwide premiere today, and players all over the world are jumping in to check out this year's title.
Although there an ample amount of 2K veterans playing the game, this may be your first time checking out the series.
So, mastering the controls should be your top priority!
Here's how to dribble and size up in 2K21!
Perhaps the most basic component of basketball is dribbling, and in NBA 2K21 it can be as simple as just moving your LS forward.
Or, with clever usage of the RS or Pro Stick; you can muster some insane dribbles together.
There are an ample amount of moves that players will be able to perform, from devastating crossovers to ankle-breaking moves; here how to do a few of these in 2K21!
Thanks to usgamer.net we are able to view all of the controls from 2K20 that will undoubtedly be the same for this year's game.
- Sprint - Hold right trigger and move the left analog stick in any direction
- Signature Size-Up Combo - Move the right analog stick and then quickly release while standing still.
- In and Out - Press right trigger, and move the right analog stick up and then quickly release.
- Crossover - Move the right analog stick to the left, then quickly release when dribbling with the right hand.
- Between Legs Cross - Hold right trigger, and move the right analog stick to the left, then quickly release.
- Behind the Back - Move the right analog stick down, then quickly release.
- Stepback - Hold right trigger, and move the right analog stick down and then quickly release.
- Spin - Rotate the right analog stick clockwise, and then quickly release.
- Hard Stop - Tap the left trigger while driving forwards.
- Hold off Defenders - Hold left trigger to hold off a defender.
- Stepover - Push the right analog stick to the right or left, and then quickly release.
- Triple Threat Pump Fake - Move the right analog stick down, and then quickly release.
As well, here are some of the new controls for 2K that have been announced:
- Hold RS down – Jump shot
- Hold RS left or right – Escape dribble moves
- Hold RS up – Signature size-ups
- Tap the RS – Quick 1-to-1 dribble moves
- Tap the RS with Sprint held – Quick momentum dribble moves
Your Signature Size-up is a series of rapid dribble moves that certain players use that can trigger your defender to bite on one of them. Leaving an opening to drive to the rim or pass it to a teammate.
Some players such as James Harden and Kyrie have some of the best size-ups in the game, and using them in the right scenarios can lead to some easy points.
Tips and Tricks
With the ample amount of dribble moves and combos you can pull off in 2K; one can find it tricky to know when to use a behind the back or a size-up.
The best advice we can give you is to practice using the RS and the different types of moves you and your player can perform.
Finding the right flurry of dribble moves; can be the difference between getting past your defender!