The Gfinity marketing team are looking for a driven and passionate graphics designer, he / she will be responsible for creating graphics that make an impact. This would be perfect for someone wanting to start out or make a career move. The role involves working as an integral part of the marketing team; listening to internal clients and understanding their needs before making design decisions. It also involves sitting in regular planning meetings and owning the design and graphics for the majority of our projects and campaigns.
Your designs are required for a huge variety of products and activities, such as websites, advertising, social media, branding, posters, flyers, exhibitions and displays, corporate communications and community identity.
As a graphic designer you will work to verbal and written briefs. You will develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the objectives.
The work demands creative flair, up-to-date knowledge of industry software and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
You will also be passionate about videogames. We are a global eSports organisation and our community are a passionate and vocal bunch. We're the same.
Typical work activities
The job will involve managing more than one design brief at a time and allocating the relevant amount of time according to the priority set. Typical activities include:
- meeting in-house clients to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job;
- interpreting the business needs and developing a concept to suit the purpose;
- estimating the time required to complete the work;
- developing design briefs by gathering information and data through research;
- thinking creatively to produce new ideas and concepts;
- using innovation to redefine a design brief within the constraints of cost and time;
- presenting finalised ideas and concepts to the internal team;
- working with a wide range of media, including photography and video;
- proofreading to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- contributing ideas and design artwork to the overall brief;
- demonstrating illustrative skills with rough sketches;
- working on layouts and artworking pages ready for print and online;
- keeping abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs, you need to be skillful at Photoshop as an absolute minimum;
- developing interactive design;
- commissioning illustrators and photographers;
- working as part of a highly dynamic team, working to tights deadlines and quick turn arounds;
- being pro-active and contributing ideas and concepts on an ongoing basis;
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: up to £20,000 pa depending on experience
Please apply before 18th September by sending your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bonus points if you're also into photography or videography.