Destiny 2’s Season of the Lost gave Trials of Osiris a much-needed refresh. Bungie has introduced matchmaking, anti-cheat, and a whole host of other changes to improve the Trials of Osiris experience. If you're new to Destiny 2, we've got everything you need to know about the Trials of Osiris mode, just below. Be warned though, it's not easy for a beginner. But if you're also interested in the lore behind the game mode, have a watch of this video from My name is Byf.
Table of Contents
What Is Trials of Osiris?
Trials of Osiris is the game's highest-tier PvP content. Teams duke it out in an elimination-style match, and do their best to get to Flawless - that's a seven-game win streak.
Players can lose a match or two, but any more will see them ejected - but the mode offers some great rewards.
Don't forget that Trials of Osiris is a weekend-only activity, so you won't be able to play it after the weekly reset takes place every Tuesday.
Read More - Where is Xur Today?
Trials of Osiris - Season 15 Revamp Explained
The short and sweet summary: We’ve overhauled the loot structure of Trials to grant more rewards, even if you’re not winning full matches. Trials Reputation has been added, which will unlock Trials engrams and other rewards on Saint-14 through a given Season. We have a few ruleset changes, such as resetting ammo and reducing rounds to 90 seconds, but nothing too major there. In a few weeks, we’ll also be introducing Trials Labs, testing out deeper changes to the mode to see what plays best! As a final note, Trials access now requires purchase of the current yearly expansion to aid in our game security efforts. Check here if you haven’t seen the updates to our Security Policy!
In addition: Saint-14 has refreshed his vendor inventory, giving Guardians the ability to target additional rolls on loot that they’ve previously acquired. This can be comparable to Focusing engrams at the Umbral Decoder in the H.E.L.M. Get out there, earn some engrams, and have at it.
Patch notes as follows:
- Trials reputation internal systems has been rebuilt, aligning with that of other ritual reputations.
- Reputation gain per match is scaled by the number of round wins on a ticket.
- Trials passages are now account scoped (purchasing the same ticket on an alternate character will not reset ticket wins).
- Passage of Ferocity is now available from the start.
- Passage of Wisdom is no longer available.
- Passage of Wealth now requires seven wins.
- Unlocking a passage now unlocks it for the rest of the Season.
- Replaced the weekly three-, five-, seven-win challenges with a win rounds challenge.
- A new seven-win challenge is available on Saint-14.
- Removed weekly bounties.
- Made changes to rulesets:
- Trials of Osiris round time reduced to 90 seconds.
- Trials of Osiris -- Each round start with fresh special ammo.
- Cross Play must be enabled to participate in Trials of Osiris.
- Added Third Person Camera Restricted tooltip and load screen hint to Trials, Elimination, and Showdown.
- Trials of Osiris now requires purchase of the current yearly expansion.
- Currently, Beyond Light is required to play.
- Starting on February 22 2022, The Witch Queen will be required.
Trials of Osiris Map And Reward - How They Work
While rewards used to be dished out for 3, 5 and 7 wins (with an added bonus for a 'Flawless', no-loss run), things will operate a little differently going forward.
Trials Passages will no longer be rendered null and void after a loss, meaning you can keep playing for new gear. It'll also be earned through reputation, just like in Crucible and Gambit - and in Season of the Lost, in Vanguard activities, too.
We'll still get a weekly map rotation, though - so keep 'em peeled.
Trials of Osiris New Weapon - Reed’s Regret
This Season, Trials brings a new Legendary Linear Fusion Rifle to the loot table of Destiny. Introducing Reed’s Regret, packing some Stasis damage and the ability to roll some fun perk combinations, like Triple Tap and Vorpal Weapon. Paired with the Particle Deconstruction Artifact Mod, this is a weapon that you won’t want to miss.
Trials of Osiris Callout Maps
If you want some help whilst playing, graphic designer and Twitch streamer Relikt has created a series of great callout maps that can help your fireteam.
Again, that's Relikt, who you can also find on Twitter - @R3likt - doing great things. Follow the link to see give them a follow.
Alter of Flame Callouts Map -
Bannerfall Callouts Map -
Burnout Callouts Map -
Distant Show Callouts Map -
The Dead Cliffs Callouts Map -
Javelin-4 Callouts Map -
Midtown Callouts Map -
Wormhaven Callouts Map -
Trials of Osiris Passages - How They Work
Players can purchase 'Trials Passages' from Saint-14. Here's how they work in Season 15.
Passages no longer track losses - a Passage is either Flawless or not.
- This allows you to keep playing and earning match and round wins for rewards.
- Players may continue to reset their passages after a loss, but are no longer forced to after three losses total.
- Passages track up to 20 rounds won.
- Passages have been re-ordered (Mercy is not super useful unless you are trying to go Flawless) and have all had their prices significantly reduced.
- Passages are now account-wide.
- You can play and earn rewards on any of your characters on the same Passage.
The four Passage's available are listed below, along with each Passage bonus:
Trials of Osiris Bounties - How They Work
Saint-14 will also be selling Trials of Osiris Bounties. There are three available and they will reward players with extra goodies when you complete them in the Trials.
- Weekly Bounties will reward XP, Glimmer, 35 Valor Rank Points, and 5 Trials Tokens;
- Daily Bounties will reward XP, 15 Valor Rank Points, and 2 Trials Tokens
- Additional Bounties will offer XP and 2 Trials Tokens.
Trials of Osiris Rewards & Map This Week: (11 February 2022)
Map this week:
It's not yet known what map Guardians will be fighting it out on this week. We should find out after the daily reset on 11 February 2022.
Rewards this week:
- Reputation Rank 4: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 7: Enhancement Prism (3)
- Reputation Rank 10: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Reputation Rank 13: Upgrade Module (2)
- Reputation Rank 16: Trials Weapon (Changes for each rank reset)
- Flawless Reward: Adept Igneous Hammer Hand Cannon.