Destiny 2’s Season of the Splicer is here, and Trials is still expected to return today (June 18) for another round of sweaty PVP.
If you're new to Destiny 2, we've got everything you need to know about the Trials of Osiris mode, just below.
But if you're also interested in the lore behind the game mode, have a watch of the below video from My name is Byf.
What Is Trials of Osiris?
Trials of Osiris is the game's highest tier PvP content. Teams duke it out in an elimination-style match, and do their best to get to Flawless - that's a seven-game win streak.
Players can lose a match or two, but any more will see them ejected - but the mode offers some great rewards.
Don't forget that Trials of Osiris is a weekend-only activity, so you won't be able to play it after the weekly reset takes place every Tuesday.
In terms of lore, one popular fan theory is that the lighthouse featured in the mode is actually drawing the Darkness nearer - setting up the events of Beyond Light.
Read More - Where is Xur Today?
Trials of Osiris Map And Reward
This week's map is Altar of Flame.
Check out the rewards below:
- 3 Wins - Leg Armor
- 5 Wins -
- 7 Wins -
- Flawless -
Weekly Bounties (June 18)
Check out this week's bounties below:
- End Game - As a fireteam, defeat opponents using Arc damage in the Trials of Osiris.
- Cost: 1000 Glimmer
- Requirement: 100 Progress
- Reward: XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token & 1 Trials Engram
- Arsenal of Light - A a fireteam, defeat opponents using abilities in the Trials of Osiris.
- Cost: 1000 Glimmer
- Requirement: 100 Ability
- Reward: XP & Glimmer & 35 Valor Rank Progress & 5 Trials Token
Trials of Osiris Weekly Callout Map
If you want some help whilst playing, graphic designer and Twitch streamer Relikt has created a series of great callout maps.
Trials of Osiris Passages - How They Work
players can purchase 'Trials Passages' from Saint-14. There are five unique Passages that can be bought from Saint-14 which offer their own mechanics. Each Passage will track wins and losses in a single Trials run. If three losses appear on a Passage, players will be restricted from the activity and have to either reset the Passage or purchase a new one.
The five Passage's available are listed below, along with each Passage bonus:
- Mercy (Always available) - Forgives one loss per run.
- Ferocity (Always available) - With zero losses, your Third Win grants a Bonus Win.
- Confidence (Unlocks after going Flawless) - Grants a bonus reward from the Flawless chest.
- Wealth (Unlocks at 5 wins) - Increased Trials tokens from completing and winning Trials matches.
- Wisdom (Unlocks at 7 wins) - Grants bonus XP from Trials Wins, scaling with the number of Wins on a Ticket.
It's also worth noting that Passages can be used throughout a Trials weekend and can be Reset at any time. But, only one Passage can be purchased at a time, with players allowed to switch them out when new ones unlock. Keep in mind that progress will reset with each Passage purchase.
Trials of Osiris Bounties - How They Work
Saint-14 will also be selling Trials of Osiris Bounties. There are three available and they will reward players with extra goodies when you complete them in the Trials.
- Weekly Bounties will reward XP, Glimmer, 35 Valor Rank Points, and 5 Trials Tokens;
- Daily Bounties will reward XP, 15 Valor Rank Points, and 2 Trials Tokens
- Additional Bounties will offer XP and 2 Trials Tokens.