The Demogorgon is an extraterrestrial Killer added to Dead by Daylight in September 2019, alongside Survivors Nancy Wheeler and Steve Harrington. The Demogorgon and its Survivors, originates from the well-loved TV show, Stranger Things. The Demogorgon is a Killer that’s almost identical to the creature in the show, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be easy to play, even for fans.
With this handy guide, we’ll explain The Demogorgon’s power, its perks, the best add-ons, as well as tips and tricks that’ll make you a creature to be feared in-Trial.
Read More: Dead by Daylight Promo Codes
Dead By Daylight Demogorgon Perks
The Demogorgon has three unique perks that can be unlocked for other Killers via the Bloodweb.
- Surge - When a Survivor is put into the Dying state via a Basic Attack, all Generators within 32 metres will explode and regress - all the while applying an 8% Progression penalty. This perk has a cooldown of 60/50/40 seconds.
- Mindbreaker - When a Survivor works on a Generator, they suffer from the Exhausted status effect. If a Survivor already has that status effect, the recovery time is paused until they get off the Generator. If not Exhausted already, the status lingers for 3/4/5 seconds after you get off the Generator.
- Cruel Limits - Each time a Generator is repaired, all Windows and Vaults within 32 metres of the completed Generator will be blocked off for all Survivors for the next 20/25/30 seconds.
What Is The Best Build & Perks For The Demogogon?
We would go with the following perks for the Best possible Demogogon Build:
Pop Goes the Weasel (The Clown Perk)
- A deep bond with The Entity unlocks great strength. After hooking a Survivor, Pop Goes the Weasel activates for the next several seconds:
- The next Generator you damage instantly loses 25 % Progression.
- Regular Generator Regression applies afterwards and Pop Goes the Weasel deactivates.
Jolt (Formally known as Surge) (General Killer Perk)
- Your eerie presence charges the air and interferes with technology.
- When you put a Survivor into the Dying State with your Basic Attack, all Generators within 32 metres of you instantly explode and start regressing.
- Applies an immediate 8 % Progression penalty.
Dragon's Grip (The Blight Perk)
- After kicking a Generator, for the next 30 seconds, the first Survivor interacting with it will scream, revealing their location for 4 seconds, and suffers from the Exposed Status Effect for 60 seconds. Dragon's Grip has a cool-down of several seconds.
Oppression (The Twins Perk)
- Life has been difficult for you, so you will make it difficult for others.
- When damaging a Generator, up to 3 other random Generators also begin regressing.
- Triggers a difficult Skill Check if the selected Generators are currently being repaired.
- Oppression has a cool-down of several seconds.
Dead By Daylight Demogorgon Powers
The Demogorgon’s power is called Of The Abyss.
The Demogorgon gains the ability to use Portals and perform a unique lunge attack called Shred. The Demogorgon starts with 6 Portals and can be placed anywhere on the map apart from a certain distance near Hooks, Generators, and other Portals.
When you first place a Portal down, the Portal is inactive until you traverse through it. This means that Survivors are unable to actually interact with the Portal, and as such, cannot cleanse it. However, the moment you use the Portal to go to another Portal you’ve set up, Survivors will be able to interact with it and get rid of it. A sound indicator will go off the moment your Portal is cleansed.
The Demogorgon’s other ability, Shred, allows it to perform a powerful dive and increases its FOV (field of vision) by 15% when using it. It also boosts the Movement Speed of the Demogorgon up to 18.4 m/s - making it a maximum distance of 11 metres travelled. The downside is that Shred forces the Demogorgon to move in a straight line, and takes 1 second to fully charge, making it an ability that’s easy to predict.
Shred can also destroy Breakable Walls, as well as Pallets for a shorter break time and animation.
Best Add-Ons For The Demogorgon In Dead By Daylight
As much as we love our friend The Demogorgon, we’ll be honest and say it doesn’t have the greatest add-ons. There are some, however, that do stand out from the crowd - even if they aren’t as mind-blowing as other Killers add-ons.
- Red Moss - This add-on tremendously increases your stealth abilities by making the Undetectable status effect last longer when you emerge from your Portals. The downside is you move slower through your Portals. Place your Portals in out of sight areas where you know Survivors won't necessarily look and then go to town on your prey by sneaking up on them.
- Leprose Lichen - This considerably increases your tracking abilities of Survivors by letting you see their Aura while travelling through your Portals. You'll also be able to see Survivors Aura's for 3 seconds after you re-emerge from your Portal.
- Upside Down Resin - Moderately increases the Survivors sealing time of your Portals. While your Portals can still be taken away, it takes a longer time to do it. Pair this add-on with a perk like Make Your Choice and Survivors are going to have a bad time trying to stop you.
- Mew's Guts - This is one of the best add-ons for The Demogorgon. Not only does it give you an extra Portal, but you'll recover from missed Shred attacks much quicker. The faster you are, the more damage you can do.
Dead By Daylight The Demogorgon Tips and Tricks
- Make Your Choice is a solid perk for players who are going for a Basement Demogorgon build. It won't earn you any friends, but setting up a Portal at the Basement so you can pop over once a Survivor is unhooked by your new prey is a winning strategy.
- You can fake Shred attacks to make Survivors drop a Pallet earlier than they normally would. Smart Survivors will pick up on this quickly though, so be prepared to switch it up if necessary.
- Save The Best For Last is a great perk for The Demogorgon as Shred attacks don't reduce your stacks. This means you can hit Survivors a lot faster, and recover from a missed attack faster too.
- Spread your Portals across the map as best as you can. This makes it easier for you to dominate the Trial due to your high mobility as The Demogorgon. The more spread out you are, the less chance Survivors will be able to outmanoeuvre you.
- Know where you've placed your Portals. You'll get a sound notification when one is cleansed, so keep an eye on which one so you have an idea on where Survivors last was.
- Try not to hold your Shred too much as while you’ll lunge forward quite a bit, you’ll also slow down. It gives Survivors that much more time to see what you’re doing and head to a safer location like Pallets or Vaults.
That's all you need to know about the best The Demogorgon builds in Dead by Daylight. Be sure to check back regularly to see how your build could be improved. In the meantime, check out the killers we wish to see in Dead by Daylight soon, or some games like DBD for when you need a break.