Being such a new game, it can be hard to figure out basic things in Cyberpunk 2077.
There's plenty of minor things which can greatly impact on your experience.
Some silly mistake can have big consequences.
So, we've put together a load of tips for you to bear in mind when playing!
READ MORE: Cyberpunk 2077 Is Already The Top Game On Steam
Tips And Tricks For Beginners
Travelling Tips and Tricks
- Items worth picking up will have a yellow marker above them, so keep your eyes peeled.
- Pick everything you can up, it may take you a while having to sell everything but at some point, you'll likely find something worth a lot of money.
- Blue markers on the map are Fast Travel point, interact with them to be able to access them.
- When in large crowds and tight space watch which buttons you press, you may end up hitting someone accidentally and get yourself in trouble.
- Put your gun away when you don't need it, sometimes even just having it out will be a threat to people.
- Bear in mind if you are carrying too much stuff you'll go over your weight limit and lose stamina, meaning you'll walk slower.
- Just like GTA you'll take damage from cars so be sure to look out when crossing the street.
- Items you don't want to forget but don't have the time to grab can be tagged using your scanner.
- Take whatever you want, literally. There's no stealing in Night City, although you do have to pay vendors.
- Use the scanner as much as you can, it'll reveal everything from items to explosives and more.
- You can use your car as a quick portable storage! Throw your stuff in the trunk.
Combat Tips and Tricks
- You'll only get XP and money when you'll no longer in combat, check your mini-map to see if you still are.
- Be sure to play the tutorial, even if you feel you don't need it, it'll give you extra XP.
- You can find enemies that drop loot on your mini-map, they'll be marked with an X.
- Grey: Common Loot
- Green: Uncommon Loot
- Blue: Rare Loot
- Purple: Epic Loot
- Yellow: Legendary Loot
- Run and jump as often as you can, this will raise your skill quicker.
- Enemies can heal themselves so keep an eye on all of their health bars!
General Tips and Tricks
- There's an autosave feature which activates just before an encounters so if you screw up check your saves, you might be able to rewind.
- Skip cinematic conversations by pressing the button in the bottom right screen.
- Check your armour stats, different clothing will have a range of armour ratings.
- When having a conversation, the yellow dialogue will progress the conversation. If there are multiple options, this is when you have a choice to make, it will have an impact so choose wisely.