But before the release of this upcoming match, information revolving around the sci-fi shooter's upcoming expansion additions has seemingly surfaced.
Cyberpunk 2077 DLC Details Surface Through Datamine
Delving into 2077's code, Saint-Pirate has highlighted what awaits in the upcoming DLC:
Various sources have verified the details given through the link in the Reddit post, confirming the leaks.
While some names of the listed items remain somewhat cryptic, others are a bit more obvious:
- dlc1_swp - smart weapons pack
- dlc3_kab01 - refer to anything in the Kabuki area
- dlc5_jackets - customization for jackets
- dlc6_apart - cosmetics for V's apartment?
- dlc7_pwp - power weapons pack?
- dlc9_arr06 - Arroyo-based mission
- dlc10_monster - maybe introduce a new monster
- dlc13_twp - thermal weapon pack
- dlc14_arr12 - another Arroyo quest?
- dlc15_ngplus - New Game Plus
- dlc16_jpn06 - Japantown mission
- dlc17_bwp: blunt weapon pack
Based on the list provided, the free DLC will consist of 4 new quests spread out over the regions: Kabuki, Arroyo, and Japantown. Following the RPG's removal from the PlayStation Store and the CD Projekt Red hack, it is assumed that the release of these DLCs was originally intended for early 2021. Technicalities regarding these missions still remain scarce.
The code also hinted at paid expansion through EP1 and EP2. Predicted to be as long as The Witcher 3 DLC, it seems as though Expansion 1 might extend the Pacifica area and offer new combat regions. The Dataminer hinted that work on the EP1 is currently underway so is likely to launch in early 2022.