Cyberpunk 2077's multiplayer may have gotten its first bit of concrete information.
Dataminers have uncovered a host of new modes that relate to multiplayer, according to DSOGaming.
Code related to Heists suggets that players may be able to choose from various character classes in a co-op mission-based game mode.
It also hints at multiplayer being P2P connections rather than on dedicated servers; it's important to understand that this could change in the future.
The game’s executable file has two distinct MP game modes. The first one is called Heists, whereas the second one is a simple Deathmatch.
Heists seem to function closer to standard single-player quest, along with dedicated functions with editor helper descriptions such as:
- Set Heist State
- Set spawn point tag that will be used to spawn new players during the mission
- Spawn tag: %s
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Heists Functions
- MP.Heist.SetPlayerCharacterClass (may imply multiplayer is focused on more strict character class selection system)MP_PlayerReady
- ++ %s joined the heist
- — %s left the heist
Waiting for playersWaiting for additional players… %u> Match starts in %u <Respawn in %u seconds> Match ends in %u <GAME FINISHED
Waiting for players…> Heist starts in %u <Waiting for players to get ready…Duplicate characters detectedRespawning player…Waiting for other players to get ready…PRESS D-Pad Down / ‘X’ WHEN READYuse the debug menu to switch your characterPlayer is dead> Heist ends in %u <VICTORY
players in the Gather AreaWaiting for other players…Go to the gather area (Seems to imply that players spawn either in free-roam or away from location where Heist actually begins and need to group there to begin)
Here are also some debug scoreboard:
- PLAYER NAME | KILLS | DEATHS | STATUS | PING | ID
- PLAYER NAME |
- KILLS |
- DEATHS |
- STATUS |
- PING |
- PLAYER NAME
- P L A Y E R S
Regarding the deathmatch mode, here are some of its functions:
Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer Deathmatch Functions
- ++ %s joined the match
- >> %s killed %s
- You sent yourself directly to hell! Please don’t come back
- Wow! You killed yourself… Bravo.
- Your bullet was stronger than your self-esteem
- Your shot destroyed your own body and soul. Duh
- You sent %s directly to hell!
- Wow! You killed %s without compassion
- Your bullet was stronger than %s’s head
- Your shot destroyed %s’s body and soul
- %s sent you directly to hell!
- Wow! %s killed you without compassion
- %s’s bullet was stronger than your head
- %s’s shot destroyed your body and soul