UPDATE - PS5 System Software 20.02-02.25.00 Is Available For Download Now. Follow the link for full details and patch notes.
Original Story Follows - Next-generation gaming is something many have been looking forward to, and there are some fantastic launch titles for the PS5.
If you are looking for a complete review of the PS5, check out ours here.
With so much to take in, there are some handy tips you should read up on before diving into the system.
One of these tips is how to perform system software updates.
These are pushed live by Sony every so often and will require a stable internet connection as well.
If you are struggling to connect your PS5 to the internet, be sure to check out how to do this here.
Below we will detail how to perform these updates on your new PS5!
Sony has posted a blog post noting some of the basic principles for the PS5.
One of these core issues is updating your system.
This is very important, as you will not be able to use the console to its optimal experience without updating it.
Below are details Sony has noted regarding this issue:
If a system software update is required you will see a notification to Update. To check for system software updates:
- Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings.
Here you can check your current system software version. Update Available appears if a newer version is available.
If you are having issues when downloading a system software update, you can manually update using an external drive and a computer.
Be sure to get your hands around this matter, as it will prove important down the line!
Let us know what games you will be playing on launch weekend for the PS5.
Need More PS5 Help?
We've got you sorted. Below you'll find an extensive list of guides we've curated to help you with your new PS5.
- Power Options -
- How To Turn Off PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How To Restart PS5 With DualSense Controller?
- How to Enter Rest Mode On Your PS5?
- How To Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode?
- How to Set Time Until PS5 Controllers Turn Off?
Game Presets -
- How to Set PS5 Default difficulty?
- How to Set PS5 Default First-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 Default Third-Person View?
- How to Set PS5 'Resolution Mode' As Default?
- How to Set PS5 'Performance Mode' As Default?
PS5 Friends -
- How to view friends list on PS5?
- How to message friends on PS5? [Coming Soon]
- How to send a friend request on PS5?
- How to accept a friend request on PS5?
PS5 Social Accounts
PS5 Features -