Following the launch of Vanguard Season 4, Sledgehammer Games has applied the first update for the latest season of post-launch content. While many are still waiting on a dose of weapon balancing, the developer introduces other changes.
In addition to some quality-of-life changes, the Vanguard July 7 update sees the arrival of Callum as the latest Operator to join the ever-expanding roster of characters.
With Season 4 Reloaded on the horizon, this update only contains minor changes. With that said, find all of the tweaks made in the Vanguard July 7 update patch notes below.
Vanguard July 7 Patch Notes
Arguably the major change from this particular update is the arrival of Callum as a new Operator. With the Pacific storyline all over the place, it's interesting to see where Callum will fall into place as the Pacific storyline nears its conclusion.
- Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
The only weapon change in the Vanguard July 7 update is for the Armaguerra 43 submachine gun (SMG). Rather than making changes to its performance, the Vital Proficiency no longer increases the critical-hit area on enemies.
Check out the full list of changes in the patch notes below.
Callum Hendry (Immortal)
- All his life, Callum was a showoff, constantly adventuring and getting into trouble with neighbors, woodland creatures, the law – everyone. His unwavering spirit helped him quickly ascend the ranks of the British Army to eventually become a recruit trainer. In World War II, Callum, harboring deep hatred for Nazis and their ideals, fought hard for a future without them. Currently he is the trainer for all SOTF agents.
- Available in the Tracer Pack: Callum Operator Bundle.
- Addressed an issue that prevented the Vital Proficiency Attachment from increasing the size of the critical-hit area on enemies.
- Corrected spelling mistakes in the Smoky Treat and Doom Cloud Seasonal Challenges.
Zaballa the Deceiver
- Addressed an issue that allowed multiple Zaballa to spawn at the same time.
- Altar of Covenants
- Addressed an issue that would prevent the Altar of Covenants inventory from updating as expected if a player held the inventory open as the round progressed.
- Various stability updates.
For more Vanguard, check out our page for the latest news, leaks, and guides.