Recent updates include the arrival of the Vargo 52 assault rifle and the appearance of a reworked version of the WMD multiplayer map from the very first Black Ops title.
On April 25, the developer shared details on multiple changes to the Outbreak Zombies mode alongside a brand-new location that offers permanent upgrades for those that have completed various Easter Eggs within the Dark Aether.
Black Ops Cold War April 25 Patch Notes
Easter Eggs are a huge part of the Zombies experience and while Vanguard's undead experience may lack in main quests, there are still plenty to complete in Black Ops Cold War. Here's what the April 25 update changes:
- Added a new secret location offering over a dozen rewards and a permanent upgrade in all Zombies maps, depending on how many Main Quests you've completed.
- Players must outlast increasingly intense waves for 10 minutes before attempting to exfil from a single Region.
- After choosing from one of two random Regions to infiltrate, fight to survive as the difficulty ramps up every two minutes.
- Hold out until the time limit and race to the exfil point at the farthest position from your squad while a surge of zombies closes in on your position.
- Successfully exfil from the region before time runs out to win.
- Abomination enemy added to Outbreak.
- HVT Abomination added to Eliminate Objective.
- Tombstone: Addressed an issue where players with Tombstone Tier IV were not being respawned near the end of the round.
- Weapons from Season Six can now be obtained from the Mystery Box.
The changes are widely positive for fans of Cold War Zombies. In addition, a number of cosmetic items have appeared suggesting something is afoot within the Dark Aether.