Battlefield 2042 has been out for some time, so what's the latest thing to change in the game? Well, we've put together the Battlefield 2042 patch notes here and will continue to update them every time the team over at EA DICE make changes.
Battlefield 2042 is a live service game, so expect regular updates with all kinds of new content. Whether that's updates to maps, weapon balancing to tweak the meta of the best guns, or new specialists being added to the game, expect constant evolution to Battlefield 2042's patch notes.
Battlefield 2042's patch notes will impact every member of the community, whether you're an old-schooler who only plays All-Out Warfare, a Hazard Zone sweat, or a mad scientist in the Battlefield Portal. There'll be balance changes, new unlockable cosmetics on the Battle Pass, tweaks to how the game works in a competitive setting, and probably limited-time modes to keep your eyes out for.
Whatever it is, you'll find it right here, so without further ado, here are the latest Battlefield 2042 patch notes:
Battlefield 2042 Update 4.0
Update 4.0 is available on April 19 2022. Included are fixes to a bunch of issues the game was dealing with, including adjustments to Traits for Rao and Paik and improvements to Sundance's Specialty.
In addition to Update 3.2, the Battlefield communications Twitter account shared their plans for XP gain in Battlefield Portal. The per-minute XP cap is increasing to 300XP, with the intention being to stop large bursts of XP being capped since that's how XP is most often gained.
We're also seeing progression tweaks for Mastery and Weekly missions depending on what modifiers are available. Check the changes out below.
Here's the full Twitter thread.
Here are the full patch notes for your convenience.
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is now available in Battlefield 2042.
- There are two voice chat channels to choose between: Party and Squad. Settings for VoIP can be adjusted via Options > Sound/Voice > Chat while in-game.
In Update 3.3 we released the UI refresh for the Scoreboard. Following this update this UI refresh will now also be available during the End of Round screens.
With Update 4.0 we’ve overhauled the behavior of many weapon attachments to ensure that their impact when customizing your weapons is unique, and noticeable. Previously, some attachments had effects that were too similar from others, and it was unclear what the impact on your weapons would be when switching between them.
We encourage you to experiment with the refreshed weapon attachments to see how they feel after the update, and you’ll be able to read the full set of changes further down the page.
- Made several improvements to Kill Assists
- Damage Assists trigger from a lower damage threshold, improving consistency and clarity
- EMP Grenades now trigger Assists more reliably
- Assists can now trigger when a teammate kills an enemy and either of them were covered in smoke you deployed.
- Fixed EMP effects persisting on screen
- Fixed a bug where equipping a weapon attachment from the item reveal menu would in some scenarios reset the full customization on that weapon back to defaults
- Fixed a bug where the player's saved customization would sometimes be reset to defaults after joining a server
- Simplified keybinds for Chat and VoIP
- Switch weapon for Gunner can now be properly bound in key bindings
- Airplane and Helicopter sensitivity settings added to the Options menu
Matchmaking & Social
- Fixed a matchmaking error that could occur after quitting a Hazard Zone server
- Matchmaking information is now visible in the Player Card screen
- Fixed a bug where a user encounters a matchmaking loop and gets sent back to the lobby.
- Disbanding a party before joining it no longer incorrectly shows the “Remove EA Friend” prompt
Progression and Unlocks
- Adjusted Ribbons to make them easier to unlock across all modes, especially in Rush
- Further adjustments to specific Ribbons:
- Logistics - Progress earned from repairing friendly vehicles has been increased, and progress earned from healing and resupplying has been reduced
- Objective - Kills or Assists while fighting for objectives in Breakthrough now also give progress
- Intel - Progress for hitting enemy vehicles with EMP’s has been doubled
- Combat - Destroying an enemy Ranger now rewards Ribbon progress
- Combat & Wingman - Kills and Assists on enemy Players in Hazard Zone now give increased progress
- Mastery for the Mi-240 Super Hind, MV-38 Condor, and MAV now gets progress as intended when teammates spawn in on your vehicle
- Cosmetics and weapon attachments are now correctly marked as New when unlocked
- XP from support actions has been increased, while XP from objective actions has been decreased to compensate:
- Projectile Destroyed, with Irish’ APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel, from 5 -> 10 XP
- Enemy Disrupted with EMP, from 10 -> 20 XP
- Equipment Destroyed, from 5 -> 10 XP
- Healing, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Resupply, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Repairing, from 5 -> 20 XP
- Ranger Destroyed, from 25 -> 75 XP
- Objective Neutralized, from 250 -> 200 XP
- Objective Captured, form 375 -> 200 XP
- Sector/Objective Defended, from 15 -> 10 XP.
- Added an XP event for killing a downed enemy in Hazard Zone
- Repairing Ranger now correctly triggers the repairing XP event
- Fixed players or AI Soldiers sometimes not spawning in the correct HQ area
- Fixes a bug where players were still receiving damage from the Tornado while inside the Stadium
- Sprinklers are now active for 9, instead of 20 seconds
- Sprinklers no longer deal damage
- Sprinklers should no longer affect players outside the building
- The freeze effect in the HUD is less intense
- Fixed an issue where players could shoot through the tires of some trucks on Kaleidoscope
- Fire from the rocket explosion event is no longer invisible and will slowly dissipate
- Fixed a bug where soldiers and vehicles would be affected by the storm while inside buildings
- Reduced rubberbanding when key events such as the rocket launch get triggered
- Bollards and ramps should no longer be triggered by deployed gadgets
- Toxic barrels now continue dealing area damage if another nearby barrel gets destroyed shortly after
- Fixed a bug/exploit where players were able to deploy gadgets or shields that would intersect with MCOMs, not allowing them to be disarmed
- Fixed a bug where container doors were still presenting the interaction prompt after being destroyed
- Updated destruction behavior for fences
- Minor prop objects at distance now pop more slowly
- Added support for traversal on objects linked to moving platforms
- Enabled cover occlusion for player damage from explosions
- Fixed a bug when elevator doors weren’t synced for players joining later during a match
- Players can now sneak and open doors close to them while ADS
- We’ve resolved multiple smaller issues across all maps that could negatively impact gameplay:
- Fixed some areas where players could get stuck
- Fixed floating of items
- Fixed some collision areas that caused players to fall through items/the map
- Fixed areas where planes could go through terrain while out of bounds
- Fixed being unable to interact with some objects
- Fixed some areas where players were able to see through the map
- Fixed behavior on some interactable objects such as doors
- Fixed clipping of objects such as vegetation
- Made several improvements to the Portal Browser
- Name/Description is now autofilled when creating an Experience
- Name/Description fields of preset Experiences are now empty by default
- Browsing Experiences remembers your previous search query
- Resolved instances where the Browse tabs didn’t function correctly when applying custom filters
- Made adjustments to the chase camera on a number of vehicles in Battlefield Portal
- Fixed an issue which could cause a game crash when players were near a Kübelwagen
- Players no longer remain in a stuck trigger animation after deploying C4 and immediately jumping into a vehicle
- The Defibrillator can no longer be equipped while swimming
- Stationary Machine Guns will now be destroyed alongside accompanying towers
- Added new VO lines for destroying or capturing objectives
- Added new VO line for tower collapse event on Caspian Border
- The tower on Caspian Border will now have improved barrage & projectile VFX before its collapse
- Players can now switch back to their secondary weapon on an Experience with all primary weapons disabled
- The Cycle Primary Weapon key binding now properly cycles to the secondary weapon if the player doesn't have a primary one
- You should now always automatically have your last played loadout in the next round
- Spawns on El-Alamein have been moved to prevent becoming stuck after deploying in FFA Mode
- Battle of the Bulge - the screen now changes to sepia when going out of bounds near the tank battle vista area
- Numerous fixes for floating rocks and cliff faces in Valparaiso, Arica Harbor, El-Alamein, and Caspian Border
Bad Company 2
- You can now switch back to the Mortar Strike gadget while it’s recharging
- You can now switch out from the Mortar Strike gadget using the inventory prev/next bindings (default mouse wheel) while it is recharging
- Fixed an issue where weapon under barrel attachments would trigger on button press even if the weapon was not selected at the time
- Rush - updated M-Com screens with arming/disarming progress bars and countdown timer
- Fixed the wrong VO playing when giving attacking orders as Dozer
- Fixed issue where Falck’s gadget VO would trigger when hitting enemies
- The healing sound will now always play when Falck heals herself with the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Adjusted Wingsuit audio for Sundance so they are easier to hear for enemies
- Added surface scrape sounds to vehicle with tracks when rotating stationary
- Improved audio across amphibious vehicles
- The MD540 Nightbird and AH-64GX Apache Warchief now have the correct audio cues when Air-to-Ground missiles are ready to be used
- Destroying a gadget should no longer trigger vehicle destroyed voice over
- Improved at range audio for the Recon Drone
- Low health sound should no longer get stuck when going into a vehicle
- Added audio VFX for turning on/off the Flashlight attachment
- The Prox Sensor should no longer emit warning sounds if no enemies are within reach
- Soldiers should no longer hear the opposite ping VO being triggered from a 3P view
- Improved audio consistency for vehicle call-ins
- Improving cockpit audio experience when driving enclosed Land Vehicles in first person
- Tweaked the vaulting sound when climbing ladders
- Added audio for birds on Renewal
- Added audio for destroying screens in the Synseco laboratory lobby in Renewal
- Improved audio for damage caused by storms
- Improved audio for vehicle gear shifting
- Fixed an issue where rapidly pressing fire on a Sniper Rifle would play an audio cue as if two shots were fired
- Improved audio for the M5C Bolte, EBAA Wildcat and MD540 Nightbird when they pass by players
- Fixed air vehicles being able to spawn at the opponents HQ in start of the round
- Successful missions should no longer be shown as failed
- You can no longer use a Redeploy Call-in when all players in a squad are alive
- Removed placement ranking stats from End of Round screen in Hazard Zone
- Adjusted costs of several Hazard Zone weapons and gadgets
- The roaming AI LATV’s should no longer fail to spawn, or spawn at the wrong times
- Soldiers should no longer be stuck in a mandown state
- Hazard Zone end of round now shows all kills, instead of just human player kills
- Hazard Zone end of round now properly shows in round instead of lifetime respawns
- A collected Data Drive will no longer be permanently marked on the minimap
- Players can no longer move their character in Hazard Zone after dying or bleeding out
- Fixed issues with Rush declaring the winning team prematurely and/or incorrectly
- Deploying gadgets over Rush M-COMS should no longer prevent arming it
- Adjusted spawn locations to prevent spawning out of bounds
- AI Soldiers will no longer appear lagging while entering a vehicle
- AI Soldiers can now repair combat vehicles in All-Out Warfare
- Improvements to AI Soldiers operating Helicopters
- Improvements to AI Soldiers reviving human players
- Fixed some issues where the player would be impossible to hit when entering an exposed vehicle seat
- Fixed an issue where dead soldiers or friendly soldiers would block bullets
- Fixed further instances of not being able to revive players when some of their body parts were clipping with assets/geometry
- Fixed players not being able to place deployables in certain areas
- Fixed an issue where the player would not be able to jump or vault after reviving someone
- Fixed an issue where players would have 2 hands on a rifle while sprinting on a steep slope
- Fixed losing input when jumping on/off the ladders
- Fixed players appearing to fly after meleeing water
- Fixed soldiers sometimes becoming invisible while downed
- Fixed players sometimes going into downed state, instead of dying if killed in an out of bounds area
- Fixed players entering a downed state after crashing with an air vehicle
- Fixed players sometimes entering a downed state state while under water
- Fixed players sometimes being thrown up in the air after getting revived
- Fixed an issue where redeploying your soldier could cause dropped weapons to float
- Fixed an issue where it wouldn't be possible to crawl under certain obstacles while prone
- Fixed an issue where the player's camera could sometimes clip through the ground or objects when prone
- Fixed an issue where the soldiers could fly when dropping down from steep areas
- Fixed an issue where certain camera transitions would force the player’s FOV to be reset to the default FOV (55°)
- Fixed an issue where it is possible to die when entering a vehicle right after performing a melee attack while in the air
- FOV should no longer break after switching weapons on ladders
- Improved traversal across moving objects
- Updated animations for directional vaults
- Soldiers will no longer die when swimming close to or under a water vehicle
- Fixed an issue which would cause broken weapon animations while sprinting into world objects such as a wall
- Fixed an issue where reload animations would play incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where aborting a revive caused first person animations to break
- Resolved several corrupted eye animations
- Improved the preview animations of deployable objects
- Improved left arm animations while crawling with a MCS-880
- Improved left hand animations when using an under barrel attachment while sprinting
- Sprinting out of water while swimming no longer puts you in a stuck sliding animation
- Left hand animations should no longer break when entering and exiting vehicles
- Players should no longer experience looping revive animations when downed
- Gunners should no longer sometimes clip behind vehicles while driving
- Made revive animations smoother
- Switching weapons in a vehicle open seat will no longer result in a broken animation
- Toned down weapon movement during initial ADS after deploy
- Smoothed out the transition animations for camera and weapon movement when switching between stand/crouch
- Jumping into water while reloading will no longer cause a broken reload animation
- You can no longer see through your hands while using the SWS-10 or DXR-1 in prone position during reload
- Polished idle animations for rifles
- Fixed a bug where Angel’s Supply Bag won't land when bouncing close to a vehicle
- Fixed instances where Angel’s Supply Bag didn’t activate correctly
- Fixed some occurrences that could cause the mesh of Angel's Supply Bag to copy itself onto other thrown projectiles
- Made all vehicle types able to smash through Irish’s Deployable Cover
- Resolved instances where Irish’s Fortification System couldn’t be placed on angled terrain
- Fixed a bug where the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel would not always stop targets if blocked by a soldier standing on it
- Fixed an issue where players could see the APS-36 Shootdown Sentinel in an infinite firing loop at an unidentified target
- The SOB-8 Ballistic Shield and main weapon can no longer equipped at the same time when bashing or entering a vehicle
- Dozer now becomes vulnerable for a short time when the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield is hit by heavy fire such as from tanks
- Dying as Dozer while holding the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield will no longer cause you to be resurrected with the shield active
- Reviving Dozer with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield active no longer makes you float upwards
- Repeatedly pressing the Prone and SOB-8 Ballistic Shield buttons as Dozer will no longer result in the player having the shield up while prone
- Performing a takedown on Dozer with an active SOB-8 Ballistic Shield will now play the correct animation
- Fixed a bug where Repair Tools caused the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield to deflect bullets
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield could bash through thin walls
- Rao’s Cyber Warfare Suite should now feel more responsive
- Resolved bugs related to using the Cyber Warfare Suite ability without an active target
- Once the Cyber Warfare Suite ability finishes, your target is now reset
- Replaced Trojan Network with the Thread Perception Trait:
- When Rao takes damage from enemy fire, he will automatically spot the enemy for himself
- Replaced Threat Perception with the Eagle Eyed Trait:
- Players damaged by Paik are now spotted for everyone
- Updated Paik’s Mastery criteria to align with her new Trait
- The OV-P Recon Drone can now be descend with Crouch toggle buttons
- The rotors on the OV-P Recon Drone are now placed correctly
- The spotting sound now plays correctly while using the OV-P Recon Drone
- The OV-P Recon Drone now remembers it’s direction upon re-entry
- Resolved wrong text displaying when OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes prevent you from flying the OV-P Recon Drone upwards if you entered it while crouching
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun should no longer clip outside elevators
- A tank running over the SG-36 Sentry Gun will now destroy it
- Fixed Anti-Armor Grenades that locked on to targets which were too far away
- Anti-Armor Grenades now filter by angle and distance in a more accurate way, and have the same priority for air/ground vehicles
- Anti-Armor Grenades no longer swap targets when already tracking a target and have reduced maximum range once unfolded and in flight
- Anti-Armor Grenades now have different tracking radius for ground and air vehicles
- Anti-Armor Grenades no longer target Irish’s Deployable Cover or APS-36 Shootdown Sentry
- Anti-Armor Grenades track properly if left sleeping on the ground now, instead of simply exploding
- Improved the speed when switching through Sundance’s Grenade Belt
- Scatter Grenade detonation timings adjusted to let them explode quicker
- Landing on rough terrain no longer causes Sundance to bounce up in the air
- Fixed a rare issue where Sundance's body could become detached from a vehicle upon entry while landing onto the vehicle from the wingsuit, causing Sundance to become invisible
- Falck’s S21 Syrette Pistol can now be equipped while swimming
- Fixed an issue in prologue where Falcks syringe did not spawn a pickup on the ground
- Reduced the distance at which the S21 Syrette Pistol’s dart is visible
- Made it easier for Mackay to grapple onto moving vehicles
- Players can no longer take damage from the Grappling Hook while downed
- Adjusted Mackay’s walk animation when aiming down sight, the sight should no longer misalign with where shots are fired
- Resolved issues where smoke stopped the Grappling Hook from working
- The Grappling Hook crosshair should now correctly pick up objects while in range
- Looking as far left/right you can while grappling while pressing A/D no longer allows you to slow down or speed up
- Fixed a rare occurrence where entering a vehicle after using the Grappling Hook could cause Mackay to become invisible
- HUD - hints for Reload, Low ammo and No ammo will now blink a few seconds and then fade out. Switching weapons in these states will restart this animation
- HUD - added critical (red) and out of bounds (gray) color to WorldInfo, SoldierInfo and SoldierCompass HUD widgets
- HUD - centered soldier compass direction readout and added positioning arrow shape
- HUD - added scaling options for the Mini-map/team, Personal Log, World Log, Player/Vehicle Info, Chat and Vehicle Passenger List
- HUD - added critical state for vehicles
- Added new options that allow players to scale the transparency of many different icons in the HUD (Friendly icons, Squad member icons, Enemy Icons, Revive Icons, Objective Icons and Ping Marker Icons). Each icon type can have a different transparency when zoomed or not zoomed. The option can be found under DISPLAY > HUD ICONS.
- Added a Chat Log Visibility option to allow players to set the default visibility mode of the chat log (which allows it to be turned OFF on console where no key bindings exists to change visibility in-game)
- Adjusted scaling of objective icons over distance, they will now start scaling at 50m (instead of 100m) and stop scaling at 500m instead (instead of 1000m)
- Solved an issue where friendly icons were too enlarged
- The “Need Healing” icon is no longer visible over friendlies while playing as Angel without a Medical Crate
- The grenade indicator no longer remains after the grenade has already exploded
- The killcard should now always update after being killed by AI Soldiers shortly after self healing
- SG-36 Sentry Gun and OV-P Recon Drone are now shown/hidden depending on gadget availability
- Fixed a bug where the minimap didn’t update when entering an air vehicle from the ground
- Fixed a problem that caused hints to disappear on initial deploy into vehicles
- Made animations for the Plus Menu smoother
- Added 24 new options to control the opacity and size of HUD icons
- Added missing Always Traversal Sprint option under CONTROLLER tab
- Fixed an issue that prevented equipping of the IBA Armor Plate if you were being healed at the same time
- Using the IBA Armor Plate no longer causes the plate to flicker and reappear on screen after use
- Fixed a bug where players were able to deploy items to clip ladders and ziplines which could block passage
- Improved the positioning of the preview of deployed objects (such as Boris's turret) to better reflect the surface the player is trying to place it on, instead of hovering in the air.
- Gadgets should no longer be destroyed if a door opens or closes close to them
- Fixed an issue where gadgets resupplied via the Loadout Crate caused the player to not be able to redeploy their chosen gadget later on during that life
- EMP effect from grenades no longer extend past their visual explosion radius
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to drop Ammo and Medical Crates through thin walls
- CG Recoilless M5 / RPG / SMAW will now one shot Ranger if it's a direct hit
- The CG Recoilless M5 will no longer automatically reload while you are downed if you died after firing it
- Fixed an issue causing empty reloads on the Recoilless M5 to be interrupted when vaulting
- Fix for issue where users were able to detonate the C5 Explosive while being hacked
- Fixed an issue where both soldier Anti-Tank Mine & the Bolte's Anti-Tank Mine would despawn after a short while if the player died
- The Repair Tool now turns off when a player dies
- Made it easier to place the Insertion Beacon
- You’ll now spawn in the same direction where the Insertion Beacons is facing when spawning on it
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to shoot FXM-33 AA missiles while their target was in smoke
- Fixed an issue where FXM-33 AA Missile did not become enabled again until the user switched to another weapon and back again after being affected by EMP
- Fixing a issue where Smoke Grenades did not explode on moving cranes
- A - Warhawk Compensator
- Update 3.3: improved horizontal recoil control, reduced vertical recoil control
- Update 4.0: improved recoil control, reduced weapon accuracy
- B - Rattlesnake Light Grip
- Update 3.3: improved accuracy while moving, reduced accuracy while static
- Update 4.0: :increased hipfire accuracy, reduced accuracy while ADS
- C - Maul Hybrid 1.5X-3X
- ADS speed decreased in 4.0
- Zoom levels and Optics toggle options persist
- D - Subsonic Rounds
- Base recoil reduced in 4.0
- Reduced Muzzle Flash visibility
- Decreased projectile velocity
- Further changes to Weapon Attachments:
- Factory and Extended Barrel descriptions now display the correct fire rate changes
- Weapon modifiers are now correctly applied when swapping attachments while the bipod is equipped
- Fixed an issue that would cause the 40mm Grenade Launcher attachment to hit an invisible wall when fired indoors
- Fixed an issue which would grant unlimited ammo if magazine attachments were toggled in between firing the underbarrel attachment
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- Adding and removing attachments in the Plus Menu will now always correctly apply their statistic changes
- Underbarrel activations such as flashlights and laser sights will no longer be reset after getting revived
- Bipod attachments will no longer toggle on and off while reloading
- The ADS time on the BKS 8X now matches that of other scope attachments
- Adjusted the size of the DD Holo scope to bring it in line with other scopes
- Reduced blur on the Ghost Hybrid scope
- Some underbarrel attachments should no longer have a shared ammo pool
- The Maul Hybrid and the Ghost Hybrid now correctly displays both scope zoom levels in the Collection screen
- The Fusion Holo attachment no longer clips through the meshes on the following weapons: AK-24, LCMG, PP-29 and the SFAR-M GL
- Fixed clipping issues with the camera when the Fusion Holo optic is equipped while ADS
- The high powered magazine for the AK24 now shows the correct amount of bullets
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to fire straight away after reloading the Grenade Launcher attachment on the M5A3
- Updated text descriptions for both the NTW-50 and DM7
- Fixed an issue which caused the extended magazine for the PBX-45 to have a slight delay before it fires after reload
- Located a missing 'R' in the description of the PKP-BP
- Increased PKP-BP Base Recoil
- Fixed an issue that would cause weapon lag across scopes for the M44
- The missing bullet on the M44 has been located
- The M44 now displays the correct reload animation while in prone
- Fixed an issue with the M44 that caused the scope to move a lot more than intended when aiming around
- Arcom Tactical Muzzle Brake no longer floats when equipped onto the MP9
- Increased the long range damage on SWS-10 light ammo from 35-40 over 75 meters
- The Iron Sight will no longer be visible when the Fusion Holo is equipped to the PP-29
- Fixed an issue with the incorrect ammo pools to be set on the PP-29, which would show incorrect ammo quantities
- Fixed the PP-29 medium and subsonic ammunition having inverted ammo pools
- Fixed an issue which could cause underabarrels on the SFAR-M GL to unexpectedly run out of ammo
- Recentered the iron sight on the DXR-1
- AC42 Bullet Damage dropoff increased
- AC42 effective range has been lowered
- Reduced scope shake when firing on the DM7 and VCAR
- Fixed an issue where weapons would have inconsistent dispersion or recoil
- Fixed an issue which prevented bullets from dealing the correct damage amount
- Bolt Action Sniper rifles now correctly play their animation after opening the Plus Menu and firing
- Reload prompt will no longer stop flashing when there are only a few bullets left in the magazine
- Reloading while ADS will no longer reset the camera zoom
- Fixed an issue which could cause weapons to become invisible while climbing a ladder
- Fixed an issue which caused some players to be unable to shoot or ADS after exiting a vehicle
- Toggle Scope is now affected by soldier controller schemes
- Weapons in the collection screen will no longer compare to the weapon selected in deploy screen which caused incorrect comparisons
- Improved the visual quality of the crosshairs and red dots within high powered scopes while on low/medium graphic settings
- Removed some double spacing within text descriptions of multiple weapons
- Reduced scope shake when firing on the DM7 and VCAR
- Fixing broken arm when doing pump action while crawling with the MCS-880
- Improved weapon animation when deploying from a vehicle
- Added a game hint for steady scope
- Weapons should no longer slide over the floor when dropped
- Made improvements to the position and drop timing for dropped weapons
- Underbarrel shotgun crosshair does not disappear after zooming
- Animation fixes related to melee takedowns
- Fixed an issue where the camera was misplaced during a takedown
- Fix related to targets flying away when doing a takedown on a moving platform
- Fix where melee hits didn’t register consistently on moving targets
- Fixed a bug where the player could throw a grenade and melee at the same time
- Fixed a bug where player could get stuck in melee animation
- Fixed a bug where doing a melee attack in prone could make the knife stuck until another melee was initiated
- Fixed an issue which would cause guns to instead play a knife animation
As outlined in our recent Core Feedback, we are adjusting the number of active vehicles across maps and modes, and you’ll notice the first iteration of this change within this update. As an example of how that plays out on Breakthrough 64 for Kaleidoscope, here is how we adjusted total available vehicles in the match, per Sector:
- Sector 1 - 17 -> 13
- Sector 2 - 18 -> 17
- Sector 3 - 19 -> 17
- Health for soldier and vehicle now show correct values for all seats in the vehicle
- The radar will now appear correctly while redploying on a team/squad mate in the Mi-240 Super Hind or MV-38 Condor
- Killing someone with a Tuk-Tuk would sometimes show the wrong vehicle icon the kill card
- Destroying either the Tuk-Tuk or Polaris Sportsman in a tunnel will no longer cause floating debris to be present
- Players can now ping while driving vehicles in 3rd person view
- Fixed an issue that would cause reversing in a tank to be problematic
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to skip the equipment cooldown timer while in a helicopter
- Players will no longer find themselves in a floating state while exiting a fighter jet upside down
- Fixed an issue which would cause vehicles to not be deployed when called-in, but still shown as 'in-play'
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to shoot AT missiles while their target was in smoke
- Adjusted text on the vehicle zoom options in order to make it clearer what the option does
- Tornados should no longer throw a helicopter under the world, resulting in passengers ending up under water
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes affect the visibility of flares
- Exiting and re-entering a tank will no longer result in a misaligned camera
- Fixed an issue that could allow helicopters to fly under the game world on Hourglass
- Fixed an issue that would cause the AA missile launch to skip the yellow lock on phase, jumping straight to red
- Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause helicopters to spawn on the ground
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause players to fall through the world when deploying into a tank
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to manually reload weapons on certain vehicles
- Air radar should now correctly display enemies
- System repair would sometimes only replenish a few health points, this has been corrected
- It was possible for players to hurt themselves with some explosive vehicle weapons during the vehicle enter animations, this has been disabled
- It's no longer possible to shoot yourself for a short period of time when entering a vehicle
- Vehicle hints will now show up on initial deployment
- Vehicle "invert look" settings are no longer connected to flight controls
- Fixed an issue that would allow players to instant lock onto a vehicle after flares have been used
- Lights on air vehicles are now turned on when a player is in the cockpit.
- Fixed an issue which would occasionally see the AH-64GX Apache Warchief or KA-520 Super Hokum Smart rockets ignore their target.
- A specific concrete block was causing the T28 to become stuck. The T28 has overcome its fear and can now traverse over it
- Invert vertical look is now working as expected on transport vehicles
- Vehicle 3rd person camera no longer clips through the environment.
- The 'Hints for Controls' option now displays for all intended vehicles.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the bridge to clip while in 3rd person view in a T28 on Hourglass
- Backpacks can no longer be seen sticking out of the side of the B17 Bomber.
- Taking a Tuk-Tuk into an elevator will now display the correct health
- Made tweaks to various VFX while in a helicopter and firing counter measures to reduce photosensitivity risks
- Vehicles spawned through Deploy Screen will now be eventually abandoned if they are left
- Fixed an issue which would cause animation issues when going from vehicle to downed state
- Helicopter lights are no longer offset from their initial position while in the matchmaking countdown screen
- Deploy animation will now only play once after the player has switched seats multiple times in a row within vehicles.
- Tanks should no longer get stuck in the mud while in a storm on Orbital
- Weathering effects are now applied more consistently to vehicles.
- The soldiers physics representation now better matches the the actual animation pose when in a Tuk-Tuk or a Portal RHIB
- Added a freelook 3rd person view crosshair to vehicles
- Vehicle hud while in 1st person view now turns red when in a critical health state
- Vehicles now show both soldier and vehicle health for all seats occupied by the player.
- Updated the “Transport Look Behind" option to "Reset Camera View"
- Tweaked camera pitch while in 1st person view within a helicopter to better reflect the direction of travel and increase visibility
- Fixed spawning of vehicles in elevators
- Vehicles should no longer incorrectly be slowed down when driving over certain platforms like bridges
AH-64GX Apache Warchief
- The wing camera when firing rockets on the AH-64GX Apache Warchief is now more accurately aligned
- The HUD will now be more visible when performing a nose dive in the AH-64GX Apache Warchief
- Fixed text description on the EBAA Wildcat to more accurately reflects its weaponry
- Fixed text description on the EBAA Wildcat and T28's Smoke Launcher
- The EBAA Wildcat can now climb hills with a bit more ease
- Increased the handbrake strength on the EBAA Wildcat
- While on Orbital the The EBAA Wildcat used to have trouble driving over low to average height rocks. This no longer occurs
- The F35-E Panther will now take the intended damage when hitting specific buildings on Hourglass
- Increased ejection force when at low speeds in the F-35E Panther
- Added an ejector seat for the F-35E Panther when in Hover Mode
- Afterburner VFX is no longer visible through the engine swivel nozzle in a F-35E Panther
KA-520 Super Hokum
- Made tweaks to the KA-520 Super Hokum to better align its bullets to the crosshair
- The KA-520 Super Hokum now correctly displays equipped attachments on its 3D model
- While entering a LATV4 Recon after sprinting, players will now find themselves in the correct seat
- Fixed an issue that would cause the LATV4 to sometimes fall through the floor on Hourglass
- Better positioned the hitbox of the the gunners head and shoulders when in a LATV4 Recon
- Player is no longer pushed out of bounds if revived under the LATV4
- The LATV4 Recon will no longer get stuck on a problematic rock on Discarded
- Fixed an issue that would cause the LCAA Hovercraft to become stuck on the environment on Breakaway
- LCAA Hovercraft collision around point G1 on Kaleidoscope has been fixed
- The LCAA Hovercraft can no longer fly after hitting a ramp at high speeds
- Tweaked the boost on the LCAA Hovercraft to avoid it going up vertical walls
- Swimming close to a LCAA Hovercraft that is on water will no longer result in death
- Players are now able to shoot passengers within a M5C Bolte more easily
- Fixed an issue that would cause the MC5 Bolte to fall through the world on Orbital after clipping tree trunks.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the camera to break when revived from under a LATV4 Recon.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the MC5 Bolte from being visible after a call-in is requested
- Fixed issue where the animation of the M5C Bolte's main gun could become stuck in the firing animation.
- MC5 Bolte Missile Launcher has been adjusted, and now also damage tanks
- Time to live 10 -> 3.2
- Engine strength 175 -> 70
- Damage 70 -> 45
- Fixed an issue that caused the 40mm Volley Pod crosshair to not show up in the MAV
- Improved text descriptions on the MAV
- Switching seats in the MD540 Nightbird would sometimes alter the FOV. It should no longer do this
- It's now possible to shoot the pilot of an MD540 Nightbird through the upper part of the cockpit's glass
- The MV-38 Condor should no longer spin out of control when it gets destroyed
- Fixed text description on the MV-38 Condor to more accurately reflects its weaponry
- Fixed an issue where the camera positioning could sometimes become stuck after exiting a MV-38 Condor
- 50mm Cannon Pod has been tweaked against other vehicles
RWS 50mm mounted on Air vehicles
- Start and End Damage 60 -> 65
- ImpactImpulse 8000 -> 3000
- This change means it should now destroy the MD540 Nightbird in 2, instead of 3 shots
RWS 50mm mounted on Land vehicles
- ImpactImpulse 4000 -> 2500
- StartDamage 85 -> 92
- EndDamage 60 -> 65
- Damage FalloffDistance start 180 -> 200
- Replenish Rate 2.3 -> 2.1
- Players should no longer fall through the game world while driving the Polaris Sportsman on Renewal
- Made adjustments to the camera setup while driving the Polaris Sportsman, ensuring players retain visibility at all times
- Players can no longer get stuck in cargo containers while driving the Polaris Sportsman on Breakaway in Hazard Zone
T28 / M1A5
- Impact damage increased by 90 > 115
- Replenish time per shell increased from 6 > 6,8 seconds
Update 3.1 is downloadable now. Here are the file sizes for each platform:
- PC: 2.24 GB (Origin) / 2.8 GB (Steam)
- PS5: 2.095 GB
- Xbox Series X|S: 2.10 GB
You can find the whole patch notes page on the Battlefield blog, but below are the key details for your convenience.
- Improvements to bullets hit registration consistency.
- Balance changes for bullet dispersion and recoil
- Further balance changes to Ground Vehicle 30mm, 40mm, and 57mm Cannons to reduce their effectiveness against infantry
- A fix for a rare bug where a player could appear invisible to enemies
- Fixes for several bugs related to Grenades and Launchers
- Improvements to the menu flow for Xbox players to make it easier to opt-out of Cross-Play
- Multiple audio improvements to enhance your overall sound experience, focused on clarity, distance and directional perception
Update 3.1 Full Patch Notes
Here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042's update 3.1
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Players that are not the Party Leader can now cancel while waiting in a queue
- Xbox - Cross-Play can now be enabled/disabled in the Options menu on Xbox
- Your Sort settings will now be correctly remembered when refreshing the Battlefield: Portal Server Browser
- Fixed an issue where loadouts would sometimes be empty on the spawn screen after joining a server, preventing weapon selection
- Made improvements to ensure Aim Assist is more consistent during console gameplay
- Ranger’s effective combat range and overall health has been decreased
- Made various tweaks to the overall audio experience to improve clarity, distance, and directional perception
- Fixed an issue where soldiers would not always play indoor specific footsteps
- Removed bounce from Underbarrel Grenades when firing at short distances
- 40mm AP Grenades now properly damage vehicles
- Fixed some weapons displaying wrong ammo counts for specific magazines
- DXR-1 and NTW-50 Bolt Action rifles reload animation increased by 0.2 seconds
- Adjusted dispersion values for most weapons, which results in a faster dispersion decrease when tap firing or doing short bursts
- Adjusted dispersion increases for most weapons. It now takes slightly longer for weapons to become overly inaccurate in sustained fire
- Adjusted the recoil values to prevent over aggressive recoil jumps for the AK24, LCMG, PKP-BP, SFAR-M GL, and PP-29
- Improved hip fire accuracy for all SMGs to make them better stand-out from other automatic weapon archetypes
- LMG dispersion and recoil lowered to improve performance in sustained fire
- Additional improvements to recoil control for all weapons, more specifically automatic weapons.
- Increased close range damage and consistency of the MCS-880 when using Buckshot Shell or Flechette Shells
- Fixed a bug that caused bullets to be fired below the player’s aims for the SFAR-M GL and the K30
- Fixed a bug where vehicle weapons sometimes did not deal blast damage on a direct hit
- We’re reducing the Ground Vehicle 30mm Cannon effectiveness versus infantry. It now overheats faster, has a slightly reduced rate of fire and blast damage, and increased fall off damage at distance
- Rate of Fire 350 -> 330
- Heat Per Bullet 0.13 -> 0.14
- Heat Drop Per Second 0.5 -> 0.475
- Blast Damage 20 -> 18
- LCAA Hovercraft - 40mm GPL Grenade Launcher
- Blast Damage lowered from 55 -> 35
- The 40mm Utility Pod upwards firing angle is now easier to use
- EBAA Wildcat - 57mm Cannon
- Removed dispersion
- Ammo 12 -> 8
- Impact Damage 85 -> 75
- Blast Damage 70 -> 35
- Increased the time to detonate a Frag Grenade from 1.1s -> 1.4s after first bounce on a hard collision
- Increased damage of Frag Grenades across game modes to deal 120 damage and guarantee a kill on armored players too
- Reduced Frag & Incendiary Grenade max ammo account from 2 -> 1
- Lowered spotting radius from 30m -> 20m
- Lowered uptime from 30s -> 14s
- Lowered amount of Prox Sensor a player can carry and deploy from 2 -> 1
Battlefield Hazard Zone
- Fixed an issue that caused the roaming Occupying Forces LATV4 Recon to spawn at the wrong times or not at all
- Kaleidoscope - Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There are now two Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and one at the bottom in BT small
- Orbital - Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small
- Hourglass - Rooftop Capture Objective has been removed. There is now a single Capture Objective at the bottom in BT large and BT small. Also fixed an issue where players were spawning out of bounds
- Improvements on back pedaling into objects when being in prone position
- Fixed a rare issue where players could turn invisible when spawning on a full/destroyed vehicle
This update is available now. It's a big ol' document, so grab yourself a snack and a glass of water - you might be here a while. We have everything from glitch-fixing to Specialist balance changes, so there's something for everyone.
The full patch notes are available here but check them out below for your convenience.
In the week following Update #3, Weekly Missions will make their way onto the Battlefield. There will be a total of 3 varying missions each week which you can track via the main menu. Completing a mission will reward you with player XP. Finish all of the available missions that week, and you’ll receive a unique cosmetic reward!
In Battlefield Portal we’re adding new game mode layouts for Rush on all All-Out Warfare maps. We’re also adding several new templates to the Builder, and a new custom mode called Vehicle Team Deathmatch, which allows you to utilize combat vehicles in custom experiences. It will also support logic created in the Rules Editor, allowing players to spawn at team HQ and adding more options when creating custom games.
Lastly, we’re adding a new logic option to the Rules Editor that checks the source of fatal damage to a player; e.g. maybe from a melee weapon or rifle. This opens up a ton of new possibilities, and we’re looking forward to seeing what cool modes you’ll build with this!
Quality of Life
We’re introducing several improvements within the Collection screen menus to make customizing your loadout and Plus Menu easier. In short, less clicking around. It’s now also easier to understand which attachments are locked, in use, equippable, or newly unlocked within your Collection.
UI elements during gameplay have also received enhancements. You’ll notice increased visibility and reduced clutter through for example player world icons now scaling with distance. We also added IFF (Identify Friend or Foe) marker improvements, and indicators for nearby players who you can revive or be revived by, or who is low on ammo or health.
Lastly, you’ll notice smoother transitioning between game menus, the Options menu, and matchmaking.
Throughout several areas of the game we’ve introduced improvements to make your experience while interacting within maps feel smoother.
This includes over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps where we noticed they were detracting from gameplay, such as spawning, visual glitching or collision issues. Audio, rendering and interaction improvements and fixes for weapons, vehicles and Specialists are also included.
In early December you can expect one more small update focused on further balance changes, and general bug fixes to further enhance your gameplay experience.
The full update notes are available below. We’ll keep you updated on the roll out of the update and what's next over on the @BattlefieldComm Twitter account. Here you can also follow along with our tracking of Known Issues, and changes that we’re able to make in real time.
We’re looking forward to getting this update into your hands, and we appreciate your continued feedback as we journey onwards from launch, together.
Thank you for playing,
The Battlefield team
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- The Recent Players screen now include everyone from previous matches to allow for easier user reporting
- Made improvements to the “Interaction” system by switching the default "INTERACT" text on multiple interactions to reflect the action you are about to do, i.e. "OPEN CONTAINER", "CALL ELEVATOR"
- Resolved Kaleidoscope server room lighting issue
- Resolved an issue related to the velocity / trajectory while spawning in jets
- Improved helicopter animation in level fly-bys during insertion
- Improvements to address an issue where players killed in vehicles would fall beneath level geometry
- Improvements to streaming assets in deploy screen presentation
- Player no longer gets stuck in a zipline/rope after exiting a vehicle after entering it too close to a zipline or rope
- Exiting an open seat early in the enter animation no longer causes your aim pitch to lock up
- Correct field of view is applied immediately following insertion sequences
- Improved the Collection screens, making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the Collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Enhancements to our Player Card screen and End of Round (EOR) to provide additional polish
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Improved screen transitions when entering and returning to the Main Menu
- Improved Report a Player flows, specifically around toxicity and cheating reports
- The in-game scoreboard now properly scales to match screen safe-zone settings
- Fixed instances where the scroll function didn’t work in the Options screens
- Implemented Focus restoration for screens so the focused button is remembered when re-entering a screen
- Fixed visual effects remain on screen during End of Round
- Improved responsiveness of CommoRose opening
- Fixed inactive objectives showing in the CommoRose for defenders in Rush & Breakthrough
- Fixed objectives not showing in the CommoRose for attackers in Rush
Matchmaking & Friends
- Improved the experience between EOR and the Main Menu
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed
- Improved Crossplay invite flows
- Fixed Rich presence update issues, ensuring that your friends are better able to track where you are in Game
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start
- Fixes to Friend Invitations for players on PC
- Fixed an issue where the friends list was sometimes not fully up to date
Progression and Unlocks
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 Dark Market Credits for Hazard Zone
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability
- Improved Mastery rank tracking
- Improved reliability of Player card tracking
- The required level to unlock an item is no longer visible once the item is unlocked
- Fixed a bug where Mastery Badges weren’t displaying within the Portal Collection menu
- Fixed an issue that was not properly awarding XP for Angel resupplies
- 3D preview of vehicles now displays the correct customizations in the Collection menu
- Added a notification when reaching a new Player Card Badge tier
- Added a notification when reaching a new Mastery tier
- Addressed a variety of visual flickering and stuttering issues
- Improvements to water rendering when Aiming Down Sight (ADS)
- Added sight definition for iron sights to allow correct ADS for the VCAR
- Leaving ADS is now smoother than before on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
- Addressed multiple graphical issues affecting water reflections
- Addressed an issue with character rendering for players joining a match in progress
- Made improvements to artifacts affecting DLSS implementation
- Fixed flickering in the oasis water in El Alamein on deploy
- Fixed animations sometimes glitching when picking up a weapon from the ground
- Fixed Aircrafts sometimes showing up with wrong landing gear visuals
- Fixed issue that would cause incorrect bullet impact effects when shooting near water
- Fixed Ju-87 Stuka Gunner Seat firing visual effects not aligning properly with the airplane
- Shifted PSO-1 Scope forward on AN94 to prevent clipping into screen while idle
- Fixed skinning issues for several PP-29 Weapon Skins
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps
- Improved level geometry issues across all levels addressing issues such players getting snagged or trapped
- Resolved multiple spawning issues
- Resolved visual glitches such as lens flare, visible seams in skydome
- Resolved a large number of collision and placement issues
- Addressed issues affecting local audio placement in multiple Maps
- Made improvements to visual presentation of Dark Market Credits
- Modified the Squad and Player Screen to remove enemy squad names
- Modified the Scoreboard to no longer show connected enemy players
- Added additional flares to Extraction Zone, offering players better visibility of extraction area, as well as providing additional cover
- Added new spawn locations for initial Data Capsules
- Increased the amount of Data Drives initial Data Capsules can contain
- Made improvements to the Data Drive Scanner’s accuracy and enemy identification
- Resolved an issue where two teams could extract simultaneously
- Resolved warnings to alert players they’re being scanned sometimes not appearing
- Made it easier to interact with Data Drive pick-ups
- Added a distance read-out for the next available Extraction Point
- Improved the end-of-round camera placement
- The "Modify" button in the lobby now takes you back to the Perk tab
- Initial Data Capsules now only spawn a maximum of 4-6 Opposing Forces
- Drones inside the extraction Condor will now be destroyed upon leaving
- Added XP for completely eliminating an enemy squad
- The Redeploy icon is now part of the soldier and vehicle world icon
- Fixed players sometimes being able to pick up more than their max capacity of Data Drives
- Fixed instances where the Round Bonus XP was inaccurate and the End of Round was not triggering correctly
- Fixed an issue where the countdown in the lobby would not start if the player was tabbed out
- Reduced width of lobby summary information
- Added an animation and audio cue when the player's Remaining Balance changes in the lobby
- Combined Tactical Items tab into a single tab in the lobby
- Made lock icon visuals more clear while in the lobby
- Added an option to Quit from the waiting for players to join and pre-round lobby menu
- Fixed an issue in the lobby that made it difficult to understand what Tactical Items are being selected
- Fixed an issue where voice over would get cut off too early at the end of round
- Fixed issues with voice over heard by extracting players
- Fixed issues with random audio triggers for the Data Drive Scanner
- Fixed missing music when squad gets eliminated
- Added Server Info for the Pause Menu
- Added support for reporting a server from the Pause Menu
- Added support for server admins to write periodic server messages
- Simplified the Server Settings screen design
- Fixed an issue where bullet spread would be too high when trying to fire while zoomed right after sprinting for some Portal weapons
- Fixed maximum human players displaying incorrectly in the Modifiers Tab for FFA game modes
- Added different loading music based on which Portal map is loading
- Setting a low Max Health multiplier for vehicles will no longer cause them to spawn in on fire
- Aircraft within Portal now display their equipped missiles and bombs correctly
- Added a UI indicator for Rush to show when the next sector will start
- Fixed a visual issue while reloading several Launchers (RPG-7, SMAW, Bazooka, Panzerschreck)
- Rush game mode layouts for all 2042 All-Out Warfare maps (through Portal)
- New official Vehicle Team Deathmatch game mode
- New official Team & FFA Gun Master templates
- New official Infection template
- Added the ability to detect what players were killed with in order to apply additional Logic
- Enable the portal SetTeamId block to be usable with AI
- Fixed spotting issues for the Binoculars
- Fixed an issue that caused the M3 Halftrack and Sd. Kfz 251 Halftrack to sometimes dip into the terrain
- Fixed an issue that caused the 9K22 Tunguska-M to take too much damage from some vehicle MG’s
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
- Improved the M416 reload animation
- The Tracer Dart now locks successfully on tagged vehicle
- Mortar Strike can no longer be fired while not zoomed
- Additional tuning to the UAV-1
- Fixed a bug that could cause the M3A3 Bradley primary and APFSDS-T Shells to continue firing uninterrupted
- Fixed a bug that prevented the SOFLAM and MAV gadgets maintaining their previous aim direction when a player re-entered them
- Fixed a bug that caused the MAV, EOD Bot and SOFLAM gadgets to show a preview model after it had already been placed
- Added new and classic voice over lines for damaging/killing an enemy with a Defibrillator using BF3 Assault characters
- The Mi-28 Havoc and AH-64 Apache Rocket Pods now have the same reload time
- EOD Bot now has a Vehicle Status Icon to assist with driver orientation
- Rebalanced the Su-35BM Flanker-E to match the health of other jets
- The FGM-148 Javelin now has two distinct firing types
- Balancing pass on C-RAM and Pantsir stationary
- Increased the reload time for Guided Rocket
- Fixed passive spotting issues for the MAV
- Made a series of visual, audio, and gameplay improvements to weapons, vehicles, and gadgets
- Improved the Plus Menu customization experience
- Fixed navigational issues on the Player Card Collection screen
- Added a new Options to select damage the indicator color for soldiers and vehicles
- Added a new crosshair option to change damage indicator shape thickness between: Thin - Medium - Thick'
- Replaced the "Accessibility" button in the Experience Selection with "Accessibility & Options"
- Fixed the color picker preview in Options menu often showing black, instead of the actual color
- Pinged objects now remain visible when occluded
- Tuned information spamming in Conquest, reducing the amount of messages that appear in the world log. In particular we reduced messages about flag state changes so that they’re not as distracting
- Tuned capture times for Breakthrough
- Improved out of bounds defender spawning in Breakthrough to ensure easier safe spawning
- Made improvements to the Breakthrough UI to enable you to better track round progress in the form of a Game Mode Widget
- The Game Mode Widget inside the Scoreboard has been updated to put emphasis on sectors and attackers reinforcements. Note that it only displays while playing Breakthrough and Rush
- Elapsed time is now added and trackable in both the Scoreboard & Deploy Screen.
- Added a pulsating effect on the Team 1 (attacker) score and progress bar when their tickets are =< 25% of their initial tickets. This is also present in the GMW in the HUD, Scoreboard and Deploy Screen for both Rush and Breakthrough
- Made UI improvements to indicate when the attacking team has reached the last sector
- Made UI improvements to indicate when the defending team loses a sector
- Fixed an issue that could cause the End of Round screen to display inaccurate scores for the attacking team
Dynamic World Improvements
- Addressed issues for VFX affecting late-joiners
- Made improvements to correctly align the bridge behavior on Kaleidoscope for late joiners to the match
- Made improvements to correctly align the destructive silos state for late joiners in Renewal and Orbital
- Improved interaction of SG-36 Sentry Gun and elevators
- Quality of Life fixes and improvements to interact prompts
- Tornado and smoke visual effect improvements
- Resolved a large number of collision issues with large scale animation events
- Improved location-based sandstorm audio experience
- Improvements to destruction audio
- Adjusted the timing for automatic doors
- Added a UI element that shows nearby players that can revive you within 50m when downed
- Added a UI element that shows incoming revivers when downed and pinged by a player that intends to revive you
- When low on ammo or health, nearby friendly players within 50m will now show a resource icon above their head indicating that they can provide you with health or ammo
- Increased Big Map Resolution for improved navigation
- Added health bars on enemy vehicles (up to 200m) and enemy soldiers when looked at (up to 50m)
- All player world icons now scale over distance, making them smaller when far away in an effort to reduce icons cluttering the screen
- Time before revive completion is now visible for the downed player when being revived
- Fixed an issue where friendly player icons would sometimes not be hidden behind walls, which caused screen clutter
- Fixed an issue where friendly soldiers are missing their blue UI icons when a player is in a downed state
- Fixed an issue where some player names don't show when looking at multiple soldiers or vehicles next to each other
- Changed the visibility behavior of the fire mode icon in the HUD. By default, the fire mode icon is now visible if it is currently possible to change fire-mode. The behavior can be changed to allow the fire mode icon to always be visible (even if it’s not possible to change fire mode) or turned off. The option is called “Fire Mode Indicator” under “HUD” Options
- Added an option that allows for the disabling of the button prompts visible in the HUD
- Added message about which player healed you when getting healed by other players
- Added message about which player shared ammo when getting ammo from other players
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers on squad members do not change with colorblind option
- Improved visibility of IFF marks over distances
- Fixed an issue where IFF markers would not be visible when using low video settings
- Fixed an issue where the HUD/UI sometimes wasn’t visible when joining a Portal game after quitting the previous Portal match
- Reload UI hints now stop pulsating after 4 seconds
- Added an option to show or hide button prompts in the HUD
- Added an option to show or hide the Reactive hints in the HUD (reload, low on ammo etc...)
- Added an option to customize the visibility of the fire mode indicator's prompt and icon in the HUD (When available, Always ON, ADS Only)
- Fixed issue where Bots sometimes didn’t revive players
- Improved Bots helicopter handling
- Improved Bots combat behaviors
- Improved Bots gamemode behaviors
- Improved reliability of various ability sounds when offscreen, such as reviving, SOB-8 Ballistic Shield, flares, wingsuit, parachute, vehicle smoke discharges and system repairs
- Improved weapon audio for enemies firing at the player, including at a distance
- Switched lock-on warning sound with incoming missile warning sound
- Tweaked audio during End of Round
- Added a ping sound for "Request Revive" to help mark your location
- Tweaked the sound when pinging a downed friendly player
- Made improvements to ground vehicle gear shifts and suspension sounds
- Warning and Transmission sounds will no longer repeat on vehicle low health
- Switched locked on warning sound with incoming missile warning sound
- Added audio for damaged engine fires on vehicles
- It’s now easier to hear the LCAA Hovercraft when it’s behind players
- Loadout Crate
- Players that require armor and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will throw the armor to the outlined player.
- When using the Loadout Crate, players can now scroll if more than 4 loadouts are available
- Visual effects and polish on destruction and despawning of Loadout Crate
- The cooldown for the resupply action on the Loadout Crate is now shared between Loadout Crates
- Added a unique sound when picking up armor
- Added the ability to self-apply armor with Angel's Supply Bag
- Loadout Crate can now no longer be called-in when underneath tall buildings
- Added a hand gesture animation when placing the Loadout Crate
- Angels armor and ammo supply pouch now auto targets towards friendlies with low ammo and not only low armor
- Fixed an issue where switching to Irish via Portals SetPlayersSoldier command would cause the Deployable Cover ability to not play any animations
- Updated Irish's gadget preview video found on the "More Info" screen
- DCS Deployable Cover
- Fixed an issue where the DCS Deployable Cover Minimap Icon was not displayed correctly
- Improved reliability of the DCS Deployable Cover’s deployable placement allowing placement on more angled surfaces
- SOB-8 Ballistic Shield
- Fixed an issue where the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield didn’t block bullets when inside an elevator.
- Fixed an issue where Dozer would not be targeted by Boris's SG-36 Sentry Gun and AI ignoring the user while having a SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped.
- Fixed an issue where players couldn’t enter vehicles while the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield was equipped
- Fixed an issue where reviving is hard to perform while having the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield equipped
- Fixed an issue where killing a player with the SOB-8 Ballistic Shield would also take the victim’s dogtag.
- Fixed an issue where players were flung up in the air after being melee’d by Dozers with his shield equipped
- Fixed a bug where Dozer could steal a takedown kill from friendlies using shield bash
- Reduced Dozer's deflection damage from his shield
- Removed the headshot multiplier from Dozer's deflection damage
- Cyber Warfare Suite
- Added a short grace period for Rao's Cyber Warfare Suite when something occludes the target being hacked. This will help most frequently when trying to hack vehicles that may be driving in front of trees
- Fixed issue where the Cyber Warfare Suite would trigger "Enemy Hacked" voice over without eligible enemies being present
- EMG-X Scanner
- Added a sound effect for the victims being scanned by the EMG-X Scanner
- Fixed missing sound for AR-Scanner when owner of ability is out of view
- The EMG-X Scanner should now be able to spot targets above or below Paik.
- Disabled the usage of EMG-X Scanner while inside vehicles
- Fixed the EMG-X Scanner’s “target found” audio effect not working for targets beyond 20m
- OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where user is unable to deploy the OV-P Recon Drone while in a prone position
- Improved the visibility of Enemy Recon Drones; they now have lights making them easier to see
- Players now switch back to their previous weapon after exiting the OV-P Recon Drone
- Updated OV-P Recon Drone EMP hint message to clarify that firing requires a lock on
- Increased the range of the EMP on the OV-P Recon Drone
- Fixed an issue where Casper’s OV-P Recon Drone is sometimes unable to lock onto enemy targets
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s movement speed
- Increased the OV-P Recon Drone’s hitbox size to make it easier to hit.
- Adjusted the “near drone” spotting distance
- Adjusted the size of the spotting area when controlling the drone’s camera view.
- SG-36 Sentry Gun
- The SG-36 Sentry Gun will now be destroyed when the owner dies instead of when the owner is downed
- Fixed an issue where Boris’ SG-36 Sentry Gun would not be able to acquire targets that are near a vehicle
- Moved Sundance's scatter grenade to detonate after first bounce to allow victims the chance to move away if they are thrown at low altitude
- Fixed an issue where the repair tool crosshair was visible in the wingsuit when you entered the wingsuit whilst having the repair tool equipped
- Fixed an issue when undeploying and then deploying the Wingsuit can cause 1p view while flying
- Grenade Belt
- Fixed an issue where the Sundance’s Anti-Armor grenade could get stuck circling in air after the targeted vehicle deploys counter-measures or attempt to target another vehicle instead
- Adjusted the behavior of Sundance’s splitter fragment grenades to bounce once before detonating
- S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added Lock On and Lock Off sounds for S21 Syrette Pistol for when a target is designated by the magnetism of the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Players that require health and can receive it now have a white outline around them to indicate that the magnetism will fire at the outlined target.
- Added healing VFX for when you’re being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Added sound feedback for when being healed by the S21 Syrette Pistol
- Grappling Hook
- Fixed an issue where the Grappling Hook rope got misaligned in front of the gadget after changing FOV settings
- Fixed the vault after the Grappling Hook animation where it could cause camera jerks or provide no animation at all
- Reduced damage of the Grapple Gun
- Fixed issue where missile countermeasures sometimes didn’t work, causing missiles to not blow up and instead reacquire the same target
- Made exit position from vehicles more consistent
- Made improvements to controller vibration for vehicles
- Fixed an issue where the MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons hitting the ground can appear frozen
- Balanced MD540 Nightbird Mounted Miniguns spread buildup and convergence
- AH-64GX Apache Warchief & KA-520 Super Hokum 127mm Anti-Vehicle Rocket Packs will no longer have blast impulse upon firing
- Fixed an issue where a player driving the LCAA Hovercraft can not be shot through the front window
- Fixed the F-35E Panther repair system ability missing from customisation
- Added an option to have vehicle boost as toggle or hold
- Fixed an issue where vehicles took double damage when getting hit through glass
- Improved TOW Missile Projectiles flying behavior
- Removed blast impulse on Attack Helicopters Anti Vehicle Rocket which caused nudging of vehicles on hit
- Fixed instances where vehicles sometimes would become stuck on world geometry
- Fixed an issue which prevented the Ranger from turning into a ragdoll when destroyed. Destroying the Ranger will look a lot more natural now.
- Fixed a bug where Ranger would lose connection to player who called them in after being downed
- Fixed some wheeled vehicles continuing to roll backwards when reverse is released
- Adjusted FOV sense of speed effect on vehicles
- Land vehicles could sometimes get "stuck" when driving on top of something that makes all or most of the wheels lose contact with the ground. It should now be easier to become unstuck from these situations by giving normal throttle and steering input
- Fixed kill camera going under ground when killed in a vehicle
- Fixed some issues that prevented visual hits from registering when firing on an enemy target. Note: further improvements are still being investigated
- Fixed the 8X Scope having a faster ADS time than the others
- Fixed M44 revolver chambering an extra bullet; it will now correctly reload 5 bullets instead of 6.
- Fixed an issue where a soldier is unable to shoot after getting hacked while in a vehicle
- Reduced switch back to weapon delay after throwing grenade
- Fixed an exploit that allowed to have unlimited ammo and rapid-fire grenades from the 40mm Underbarrel Attachments
- The 40mm AP projectile no longer incorrectly shows a proximity indicator
- Ammunition can now be supplied to 40mm Underbarrel Attachments and their different ammunition types
- Adjusted reticle position and brightness on PK-A and Kobra, making these optics easier to use
- Reduced effectiveness of the NTW-50 against vehicles
- Anti Materiel Rounds magazine size increased to 5
- Lowered Anti Materiel Rounds damage multiplier against heavy vehicles
- Lowered Anti Materiel Heavy Rounds damage multiplier against all vehicles
- Gadgets no longer pause their cooldown when the player enters a vehicle
- Gadgets will move with elevators rather than getting destroyed
- Carl Gustaf, RPG, Wildcat AA missiles, Bolte missile barrage will not re-lock onto vehicles if they have been flared
- Adjusted glass on Orbital to allow grenades to pass through windows instead of bouncing back at players
CG Recoilless M5
- Fixed a bug where the CG Recoilless M5 would not lose its lock on to enemy air vehicles when locked on via SOFLAM Designator and the target deployed countermeasures
- Adjusted range finder and time of flight information on the Recoilless M5 to better mirror its proper gameplay capabilities / timings
- Fixed a bug where the C5 Explosive blast damage was sometimes inconsistent when trying to detonate the C5 Explosive on a moving vehicle
- Fixed an issue where the C5 Explosive server and client positions were not correctly synced
- Adjusted the deploy time of the C5 Explosive and reduced the delay before allowing it to be detonated to improve responsiveness.
- Fixed an issue where the visual SOFLAM Designator UI elements are still present on the screen when switching to other gadgets while zoomed
- Fixed the SOFLAM Designator’s tooltip text being misaligned
- Fixed an issue that caused Mines and other deployables to not trigger sound effects when deployed from inside a vehicle
Medical Crate and Ammo Crate
- Fixed issue where the Medical Crate healing cooldown was triggered when at Full HP.
- Adjusted Medical and Ammo crates' trajectory to align with the animation of the throw and address jitter
- Improved responsiveness of Medical and Ammo crates deployment. It is now possible to throw them a lot quicker after selecting them
- Fixed an issue where the resupply animation would not play when resupplying gadgets from the Ammo Crate
- Changed the detonation behavior of the Smoke Grenade; it will now bounce once before detonating
- Fixed an issue where Smoke Grenades could be destroyed by bullets or explosions
- Fixed an issue where the VO was not triggering when an enemy Specialists’ Smoke Grenade has been thrown
- Ensured that the grenade warning icon does not draw under certain elements of the HUD like the minimap
- Fixed an issue where the Repair Tool can repair vehicles while not facing the vehicle.
- Improved the Repair Tool so that it is quicker to equip and put away
- Fixed an issue where picking up an Insertion Beacon would not make any sounds.
- EMP now blocks spawning on Insertion Beacons
- Reduced the delay before the Insertion Beacon is placed after throwing it
FXM-33 AA Missile
- The FXM-33 AA Missile reload sound effect will now appropriately fit the animation of reloading
- Extended the animation of the FXM-33 AA Missile reload
- Added turn in place animations for one-handed and two-handed gadgets
- Proning with your legs dangling in the air will push you off that object, however allowing for time to correct yourself
- Reduced occurrences where Specialists can be seen with low quality animations in the distance
- Adjusted the pose of the legs when falling to avoid legs blocking the view
- Adjusted soldier animations when swimming.
- Various visual adjustments and fixes for Specialists
- Addressed issues where players prone on thin surfaces could be seen floating in the air. They will now tend to fall if the surface is not large enough.
- Fixed a bug where players could get stuck in swimming state on ground
- Fixed missing weapon deploy animation when transitioning from water to land.
- Fixed issues where the soldier would sometimes not properly follow the ground when sliding
- Fixed an issue where jumping would be buffered if holding jump when trying to stand up from crouch or prone pose
- Fixed an issue where it is not possible to look up and down enough while prone on a slope
- Fixed an issue where character hands were not in contact with ladders when FOV was higher than default
- Fixed an issue where you could turn and see your own headless first person body while on ladders
- Fixed an issue where setting the “Always Traversal Sprint” Option would sometimes not allow the player to traversal sprint with the intended speed
- Fixed an issue where attempting to traversal sprint while swimming resulted in an incorrect swimming animation.
- Fixed an issue where your first person soldier would sometimes not play the correct sprint animation
- Fixed an issue where certain vehicle weapons could deal damage to soldiers by damaging the parachute.
- Fixed an issue where your third person animation could get stuck in a prone turn in place loop even though you had stopped turning
- Adjusted the timing of sound of takedowns on enemies being prone
- Improved the speed in which the weapon switches when watching another player melee attack
- Decreased the range in which you can melee a player
- You can no longer perform a takedown on a soldier climbing a ladder
- Meleeing unoccupied light vehicles now allows you to slightly push the vehicle which can help when vehicles get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where players sometimes got thrown up in the air while using melee
- Fixed takedowns on enemies lying prone not working from all angles
- Fixed an animation issue while taking down an enemy that is prone on stairs
- Fixed a camera bug for meleeing players while standing on a moving platform
- Fixed a bug where melee attacks in water could put the player in a broken state
- Fixed an issue where players were able to gain velocity by hopping on and off a ladder and hit melee
A new Battlefield Briefing has come out from EA DICE and the dev team of Battlefield 2042. Here's a quick rundown of the changes that are out now.
- Improved Soldier Revives, addressing ‘unable to revive when a Soldier dies close to an object, or wall’.
- A respawn protection system that will help to prevent any extraneous issues that can leave a player in a downed state for too long, and force a manual respawn when required.
- Re-enabling our UAV-1 Interaction in Battlefield Portal, available on our Battlefield Bad Company 2 maps. It was overpowered, and we’ve made adjustments to account for that.
- Vehicle Balancing for the LCAA Hovercraft and MD540 Nightbird mentioned above.
- Dispersion has been reduced for all weapons except Shotguns, which results in more consistent bullet spread during gameplay.
So, with nerfs to vehicles bug fixes for revives and the like, Battlefield 2042 should be approaching the game it's destined to become.
Battlefield 2042 Patch Notes: Update #1
Thanks to a post by the Battlefield dev team, we know what to expect from the game at its full launch date. The patch is live now, and the servers are back up. So what changes can you look forward to when jumping into Battlefield 2042?
Fixes, Changes, and Improvements
- Implemented Server Side upgrades that are targeted at reducing instances of Rubber Banding, often experienced in the later part of a round in All-Out Warfare modes.
- Significantly reduced instances of stuttering when playing on Breakaway. If the Silo’s are destroyed, it should no longer reduce performance on the server.
- A note that we are continuing to investigate similar occurrences that have been reported to us on other maps.
- When looking at allies on your team, their names will now correctly display.
- Adjusted the animations for Falck during the End of Round sequence to ensure that she is displayed correctly.
- Updated a skin earnable for Boris via Mastery Progression with a new name: Gator.
- Ensured that TDM Rounds in Battlefield Portal always start with Random Deploy set as active. We observed that this sometimes wasn’t active when moving from round to round, but have now fixed this.
- Applied a set of measures that ensure the correct number of AI spawn in Custom Battlefield Portal modes using the Free for All preset.
- PC Only - Enabled Specialist Selection in Hazard Zone via mouse interaction, removing the need to lock in your selection with the Spacebar.
- Fixed a rare occurrence in Hazard Zone that would sometimes cause the End of Round flow to not activate correctly, ensuring that the correct amount of bonus XP was awarded.
- Repaired an issue found in Hazard Zone that could cause players to be shown on the Map when they were not visible, or spotted.
- Provided a fix for Hazard Zone players who were not seeing their Extraction Streaks updating correctly.
Battlefield 2042 Patch Notes: Post-Beta Update
After the Open Beta, it's clear that the Battlefield 2042 dev team learned a lot about how they want to approach the full release of Battlefield 2042. First, we saw the reveal of the remaining specialists in Battlefield 2042. Here's the video showing that reveal.
Quality of Life and UI Changes
The beta was marred with a fair few issues when it comes to the UI and quality of life. We found it hard to differentiate between teammates and enemies, and the ping system was a bit iffy. However, it looks like with the full release, all those issues will be solved.
"We recognise that numerous improvements to the user interface, identifying between friend and foe, the ping system, and in-game team communication that were missing during the Open Beta (and are all explained in detail below) are vital to team play. You didn’t get to experience all of those, and so today we want to help talk you through the many different changes that you’ll experience in the full game."
Here are some more changes made after the beta:
- Increased the number of Tanks that you’ll experience on Orbital. It’s up from 4, to 8 on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5.
- Made changes to movement, adding strafe input to sliding, adding the ability to vault on moving objects, and toning down jump spamming.
- A nearby Grenade Indicator has been added.
- Entry and Exit animations are now shorter, with some being removed entirely.
- Elevators have been fixed so that you see less funky behaviours with doors.
We'll also see a slowing-down of health regeneration, as well as a buff to Maria Falck's Syrette Pistol.
In a later section entitled 'User Interface', more tweaks were explained.
During the beta, game-breaking bugs forced the team to remove some aspects of the game's UI. Those bugs have now been fixed, so we expect to see a lot more in the way of options and ways to view the battlefield.
Big Map is a button that didn't do anything in the open beta, but now it'll bring up the full-on map of the battlefield wherever you are in the game. It looks like this:
There's also a communication feature called Commorose, absent in the open beta but present here. It looks pretty nice - you can quickly press buttons to ensure fast callouts for specific requirements, from requesting healing to telling your squad to push forward.
Heads Up Display
The HUD has changed between the Open Beta and full release too. Here's what was said:
"We’ve moved the score events, visible on the right side of the screen, into its final state, centrally beneath the crosshair. It provides you with that more traditional kill confirmed dialogue, that affirms who you’ve killed, healed, and helped across the experience, and how it's helping to show you the rewards you’re getting for doing so."
We're also getting a more readable kill log, better colourblindness options, and smaller critical alerts at the top of the screen.
Support players rejoice - you'll now receive recognition for your hard work!
"There were multiple scoring events related to Transport Assists, Spawn Support, Resupply, and Heal support that were absent in the Open Beta build. They’re in our full game, we’ll always reward strong teamplay in Battlefield."
The performance of Battlefield 2042 is another area looked at closely in the latest patch notes. The impact of branching in the development process was explained.
"In order to ensure that we can have an Open Beta, we do something called Branching, where we identify our most stable build, and split it off from our active development branches that receive daily check-ins, new content additions, and bug fixes. This took place back in August, where we were in the process of compiling what we have today, internally, as the complete package of Battlefield 2042.
"Branching allows us to strip out all of the unnecessary systems, content, and mechanics that are still under various forms of testing, and polish up what you sometimes hear referred to as a Vertical Slice of the game. We work hard to optimise it, stamp out critical bugs, and drive for maximum compatibility and performance on known hardware. By stripping out other content and systems, we remove potential conflicts that keep things running in the best possible manner.
"We knew that the Open Beta build would therefore not showcase where we’re at today with polish and how the game plays, not benefiting from all the additional work that’s been done on the game since we branched in August."
It looks like the team have gone all-in on fixing performance-related issues for release then. This extends to the servers too - bot-heavy servers were an issue examined and hopefully fixed, along with the issue of players being sent to servers outside of their region. This should lead to faster connection speeds and lower ping for everyone.
In the open beta, loadouts were very limited to just a few attachments accessible from the plus menu. In the full release, there'll be a whole lot more to unlock.
"For the first 4-6 hours in the full game, expect to be working with a reduced array of gadgets for your open gadget slot, with your journey through the ranks slowly introducing new ones for your loadouts. That traditional experience of a Battlefield game, where classes fulfill traditional roles is an experience that you graduate out of through the first ten levels. Your Specialists will have the options to choose from a Medical Crate, Ammo Crate, the Recoilless M5 Launcher, and our Repair tool as starting gadgets, and enable the experience of playing in ways that allow players to feel the benefit of playing in more supportive roles.
"As you progress beyond those levels, you’ll gain access to more specialised hardware, and Specialists, that help to solve scenarios you can encounter, and we expect you to be regularly interacting with your loadouts on the deploy screen to react to the ever changing nature of Conquest and Breakthrough gameplay.
"Loadouts are fully customizable. In the Open Beta, we set you up with four loadouts, that mirror that traditional class structure of Assault, Medic, Support, and Recon. They’ll be there at launch too, for all players as default, but there’s actually a much bigger suite of tools available to you to help speed up the act of switching to different setups, and let you get right back into the action.
"From the Collections screen of the main menu, you’ll be able to define what your loadout is, and to provide your loadout with custom names that can allow you to quickly switch between your best setups."
The plus menu has also been updated so it no longer removes setups at the start of each round. The patch notes shared more info on how the plus menu would work.
"There are multiple slots per attachment type that you can assign different items into, drawn from an extensive pool of weapon specific attachments that unlock as you play more with the weapons. Anything assigned into slot 1, those closest to the centre, is your effective spawned setup. When you deploy with the weapon in hand, you’ll always be set up with your preferred attachments. This can be accessed from the Collections Screen on the main menu, and from within the deploy screen during gameplay."
End of Round Flow
The end of round (EOR) flow wasn't present for the open beta, with players being removed to the starting screen when the round ended.
"Expect that when the round wraps up, we’ll be paying tribute to the best squad players, and recognizing the contributions folks made to capturing objectives, reviving fallen teammates, and keeping ammo stocked up"