Tactical Upgrades in Hazard Zone are passive bonuses you can purchase with Dark Market Credits and equip pre-match. They often end up being the advantage you need to get that edge in a fight with your enemies, particularly during extraction or near a data drive.
You should chat with your squad before starting things off to make sure you have a balanced set of upgrades and specialists for the map and location you're dropping into.
Currently, these are the upgrades available, with more to come post-launch:
- Starting Armour: Start with +20 armour (free to use)
- Negotiated Bounty 1: 50% additional credits for kills on Occupying Forces (free to use)
- Squad Reinforcement: Reinforcement Uplink that can bring back killed squadmates. Can only be used once
- Quickdraw Holster: Switch weapons 15% faster
- Data Storage: Data drive carry capacity +2
- Loadout Insurance: Reimburses 50% of loadout and Tactical Upgrade costs if you die in battle
- Biometric Scanning: Spot enemies for 50% longer
- Faster Healing 1: Heal 20% faster
- Ammo Increase 1: Extra magazine for primary weapon
- Faster Healing 2: Heal 50% faster
- Ammo Increase 2: Extra 2 magazines for primary weapon
- Insider Information: Reveal data capsule drop locations 30 seconds before they land
- Throwable Increase 1: +1 throwables carry capacity
- Table Deal: 100% extra credits for extracted data drives
- Throwable Increase 2: +2 throwables carry capacity
We'll keep you up to date with which are the best ones to use too! Insider Information sounds tasty to be honest - getting to the data point early could be perfect for springing a trap against enemy squads.
If you fancy a bit more info on Battlefield 2042, why not have a look at other game modes we'll be playing? Battlefield Portal looks rather interesting, and it's worth looking for the best guns in Battlefield 2042 for when you drop in.