The co-op zombie shooter, Back 4 Blood will be released on multiple platforms later this year.
Before that, fans can catch a glimpse at what the spiritual sequel to Left 4 Dead has to offer through its upcoming beta.
Read More: Is Back 4 Blood Coming To Xbox Game Pass?
Back 4 Blood Beta Starts In August, Further Details Revealed
Turtle Rock Studios and Warner Bros Games have highlighted more details about the upcoming beta.
The beta will be split into two types:
- Early Access Beta (August 5 - August 9) - those that pre-ordered the game or have signed up to the site for a chance to receive a code.
- Closed Beta (August 12 - August 16) - open access for everyone.
There will be four playable maps:
- Two maps will be for co-op.
- The other two will be for the PvP mode, Swarm.
- Two teams of four face each other.
- Face each other in best-of-three rounds.
- Play in either a team of Ridden (infected-type) or a team of Cleaners (humans).
- Six Ridden variants: Bruiser, Retch, Hocker, Exploder, Crusher and the Stinger.
- Cleaners types: Mom, Evangelo, Holly, Walker, and Hoffman.
- An arsenal of weapons to use.
- Integrated community hub through Fort Hope.
- Cross-gen support.
- Cross-play assistance.