The next collection event for Apex Legends is right around the corner much to the excitement of players. The Awakening Collection Event marks the halfway point of Season 13 which saw the arrival of Newcastle as the latest Legend. The Awakening Collection event patch notes include a wealth of changes to the battle royale alongside a range of exclusive content for players to earn.
The patch notes include adjustments to the returning Control LTM and the IMC Armouries on the Storm Point map. In addition, tweaks to Apex's Ranked mode are on the way following frustrations with the changes made at the start of the season.
Ahead of the update, EA has unveiled the changes making their way to Apex Legends along with the cool cosmetics up for grabs. Find the Apex Legends Awakening Collection event patch notes in this handy guide.
Apex Legends Awakening Event Mode Changes
Ad Drones are on the way to Control. You can shoot them down during a match but it's unknown if they can drop loot. Alongside the arrival of drones, Marksman and Sniper categories merge into one loadout designed for long-range combat.
- Don't Miss: Discover Razer's Ultimate Gaming Laptops Now
Alongside these changes, a slight rework of the scoreboard means players can view it while spectating and it will automatically appear at the end of a game.
Apex Legends Awakening Weapon Changes
The developer has returned the R-301 and the Rampage to the loot pool after spending some time in the Replicator. Replacing the two guns is the CAR SMG and the Wingman.
Apex Awakening Event Ranked Changes
Following its Season 13 restructure, players continue to express their frustrations. Thankfully, developers are taking the feedback on board. The Ranked split reset will now feature four tiers while the number of Ranked Points players need to spend is lowered to ten.
Apex Legends Awakening Event Patch Notes
Here are the full patch notes arriving as part of the Apex Legends Awakening event.
Apex Legends Awakening Collection Event Patch Notes
Control LTM QoL Updates
- Turned the match Time Limit back on, and have new logic for determining when the match should end which should fix the issue where matches were ending early
- Give players a full ult on respawn if they had one when they died
- Tuned down the Ratings given when you spawn on homebase from 75 percent to 50 percent to the next tier.
- Fixed issue where players on the end of match podium would be in random positions instead of grouped together in their squads.
- Decrease Spawn wave times…
- Max Deathscreen time old: 20 secs new: 15 secs.
- Spawn Wave Max Time Old: 12 secs New: 10 secs.
- First Wave Spawn Max Time Old: 20 secs New: 15 secs.
- Turned off enemy highlights and enemy vehicle highlights.
- Force players to drain neutral point capture progress before starting to gain capture progress for their own team; if capture progress was made on a neutral point by the enemy team.
- Increase capture rate on Objectives based on the number of players capturing
- 1 = x1
- 2 = x1.5
- 3 = x2
- 4 = x2.25
- 5 = x2.5
- 6 = x2.75
- 7 = x3
- 8 = x3
- 9 = x3
- Moved the turbo charger for the Havoc back to Purple Tier.
- Allow players to equip 3x Scopes on LMG's and Assault Weapons in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Allow players to equip 4x-8x Scopes on Snipers in the Loadout Selection Menu.
- Merged the Marksman and Sniper Loadouts into a single Long-Range Loadout, Added a Specialist Loadout Category to give players more Med-Close Range options.
- Updates to Spawning Logic to try to prevent players from spawning near enemies.
- Players now gain Ratings for team actions like Zone Neutralization or Capture even if they participated in the action and got personal Ratings out of it as well ( previously the player would get one or the other ).
- Players will no longer get the Playing With Squad Ratings bonus for Ratings gained from Lockout being broken, and Bonus Capture Timed Event being completed.
- Removed the Squad Wipe Ratings Bonus when killing an enemy.
- Added a HUD message when Lockout is no longer available in the match ( displays again if Lockout conditions are met when Lockout is not available).
- Control: Moved the scoreboard to the inventory as the first tab. Changed the scoreboard button to be the same button as the inventory on the respawn screen.
- Arenas: Moved the scoreboard to the second tab in the inventory and added new tracked player information( assists, and crafting materials), and round wins for the team.
- Scoreboard added as a tab while spectating in Arenas
- Scoreboard added as a tab at the end of the game for both Arenas and Control
- Updated the art and position of the shields regening UI on the HUD to sit above the players unitframe
IMC Armoury Updates
- Fixed an exploit allowing players to throw grenades or use an Ash ult to enter through a hole in the collision mesh of the Armories roof (Hotfix).
- Fixed an issue where you would become unable to mantle after using the teleporter under the Armory (Hotfix).
- Prevented Tridents from landing on top of Armories.
- Removed Gold Loot Roller reward at Wave 8.
- Decreased chances of hop-ups spawning through the Smart Loot system. Base hop-up spawn rate is now 50% with Gold hop-ups further reduced to 20%.
- Smart Loot is no longer generated for teammates outside the Armory.
- R-301 and Rampage removed from crafting and added back to floor loot.
- Wingman and CAR SMG added to the crafting and removed from floor loot.
Out of Bounds
- Weapons and Abilities will now only stow in an OOB trigger when the player is on the ground (OOB timer will still tick up).
- Optic on Gold version defaults to the 3x Ranger.
- Can now use decoys from Valk Skydive Re-Deploy.
- Combat Revive
- Moved revive cancel option from Lifeline to the player that’s getting revived.
- D.O.C. Heal Drone
- Healing pool increased from 150 to infinite (still lasts 20s).
- Doubled the healing radius.
- Care Package
- Cooldown reduced from 5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- The weapon attachment panel now comes with a Shield Battery instead of two Shield Cells.
- No blue beam on initial drop (will still show up after the Care Package lands).
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Fixed some final rings that end in heal offs.
- Rings tuned for more balanced map dispersion.
This split’s reset is softer
- 13.1 Split Reset: 6 → 4 divisions
Lower entry cost
- -10 RP across all divisions and tiers.
Diminishing Kill Values:
More RP for high elimination counts
Currently the first three eliminations are worth about 100%. The subsequent three are worth about 80%, and anything after that is worth about 20%. We are changing it so each squad is worth about 20% less, while maintaining a minimum of 20%. This will give winning teams with high eliminations about 40 to 60 more RP.
Kill Tier Differences
Players will receive more RP for killing players of higher tier--the full tier-by-tier breakdown can be found on Respawn's patch notes blog post.
Game Bug Fixes
- Crypto can now scan Survey Beacons with his Drone while riding the Trident.
- Fixed bug for cases where Newcastle could get stuck in the air for a few seconds when using his Ultimate while ensnared by Ash’s tactical.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are able to fill Revive Shield instantly by throwing a Knockdown Shield and picking it back up.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where players are unable to reload while the “Destroy Wall” prompt is onscreen.
- Fix for Newcastle bug where using his Ultimate would deploy longer than intended.
- Fix for cases where Legends [Newcastle / Seer] could get inside locked Vaults by placing a Totem on Mobile Shield.
- Fixed bug where Wraith was able to create a portal while in Revenant Ultimate and have the portal appear next to the totem after being sent back
- Add soundFX for Newcastle when he enters a Trident.
- Fix UI bug where Legend info would not display in the Firing Range.
- IMC Armory fix for situations where players could camp and block spots not intended to be with Wraith Portals and Tridents.
- [PS5] - Fix for bug where a player’s friends list does not properly update after putting the console in rest mode.
- Fix for cases where some larger Legends were sometimes unable to enter Containers on Storm Point when approaching them rapidly at an angle.
- Fix for Rampage/Sentinel for cases where the charging animation would show but they won't charge when aiming down sites.
- Fix for cases where Bloodhound and Seer scans would persist after the user leaves the game.
- [Caustic] - Fix for bug where players could still see the enemy’s red highlight while they are in or behind the gas they deployed.
- Blood splatter VFX no longer appears when Ash gets shot.
- Fix cases where Amped Up” UI persists after Seer uses Heart Seeker passive.
- [Control Mode] - Fixed bug for when the enemy team will continue a capture point's progress without needing to flip or undo the other team's progress.
- [Control Mode] - Fix for UI bug where the Abandoned Game Penalty is actually longer than the display warns.
- [Control Mode] - Fixed bug where picking up a weapon in Control always shows a full mag.
- Fix for cases where players appear to keep their thermite grenade after equipping it while using it on an explosive hold.
- [PS4 Pro / Xbox One X] - Fixes to improve frame rate issues during gameplay on some areas on Olympus.
- [PS4] - Fix to improve performance issues on grassy areas on Olympus.
That's all there is to know about the patch notes arriving in the Apex Legends Awakening Collection event. For more, check out our page for the latest news, leaks, and guides.