Among Us has become the newest addictive game for all ages.
Whether it be playing on mobile or PC, somehow I'm always 'sus' no matter what I do.
If you're new to the game you'll likely feel you've been dropped in the deep end when playing as an Impostor for the first time.
Don't worry, we're here to help, time to learn all about sabotaging.
What Is Sabotaging?
Sabotage is an ability that Impostors can use to aid them in their objective to kill off the crew.
Sabotages allow you to impact on certain rooms on the map, this can speed up the process when playing as the Impostor.
Impostors have a few different abilities, but be sure to use them wisely.
- Communications – When Communications are sabotaged, players cannot see their tasks, this can be fixed in the Communications room
- Doors – Impostors can sabotage any doors on the map, this will result in them closing, this is great to lock a player in a room to kill them or prevent them from getting to somewhere
- Lights – When sabotaging the lights, the crewmates’ will have limited vision and only be able to see a small area around them, although the Impostor’s vision won't be affected
- O2 – Sabotaging the O2 will make the ship gradually lose oxygen, two places on the map will then highlight and you'll need to go there to fix the oxygen sabotage or you'll die
- Reactor – The Reactor Sabotage will make the rectors go into meltdown, like O2 the crew will have to go to two points to solve the meltdown before the countdown finishes, or they will die
Impostors can also fix meltdowns and sometimes it's worth doing so to disguise yourself as one of the crew.
How To Sabotage
Sabotage is actually really simple to use, just press the button at the bottom of the screen that looks like the one below.
Then click on an area on the map that you want to sabotage, the icons with a cross in them are door sabotages.
Clicking on the reactor will cause a reactor meltdown, O2 will cause a leak of oxygen on the ship, communications will cause players to be unable to see tasks and electrical will turn the lights off.
Door sabotages can be used individually, over and over, whereas major sabotages such as O2, reactor, communications and lights will put all sabotages on a cooldown.
When next to or near a vent the sabotage button will be replaced with a vent ability.
Try not to stay still when sabotaging as it's a bit of a giveaway, if you have to, pretend to be doing a task while sabotaging.
Have fun causing arguments between the crew when discussion time comes!