This is a great opportunity for players to get a free Icon (or two) and try out some legendary players in the game.
Given that top tier cards are up for grabs throughout these icon swaps programs, many are eager to see which Icons are included, as well as all the tips and tricks on how best to prepare for these objectives!
Read all about Icon Swaps by clicking the links below:
The Final 10 Icon Swaps Set 1 Tokens Are Live! - 1st January
For those looking to complete the rest of their Icon Swaps rewards, you now have the final set of 10 tokens objectives available until February 12th!
New Icon Swaps Set 1 Objectives & Tips
Token 1: Win 6 Squad Battles Matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 Silver players in your starting squad.
Token 2: Win 6 Squad Battles Matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 UCL players in your starting squad.
Token 3: Win 6 Squad Battles Matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 Liga NOS players in your starting squad.
Token 4: Win 6 Squad Battles Matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 French players in your starting squad.
Token 5: Win 6 Squad Battles Matches on min. World Class difficulty with First Owned players in your starting squad.
While the first 5 Icon Swaps Tokens may look like a heavy undertaking, with 30 wins needed in Squad Battles, you can cut this down to just 12 games by combining requirements! If you combine:
Silver Players + French OR Liga NOS Players + First Owner
You can complete 3 tokens worth of objectives in just 6 wins.
If you then combine the remaining
French OR Liga NOS + UCL Players
You then have the remaining 2 tokens from Squad Battles in just 6 more wins, cutting your time spent playing Squad Battles by 60%!
Token 6: Win 18 Weekend League matches
This one is pretty simple for those that play Weekend League, you only need to win 18 matches in total over the next few weeks!
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 7 First Owned Premier League players in your starting squad.
- Score in 10 separate matches using Premier League Players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Assist with a Through Ball in 5 separate matches using Premier League Players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 7 First Owned La Liga players in your starting squad.
- Score in 10 separate matches using La Liga Players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League
- Assist with a Through Ball in 5 separate matches using La Liga Players in the Live FUT Friendly: One League
These 2 tokens will operate in a similar way to the previous Golden Goal system that the community had in place previously, so be sure to let your opponent get the win if they score on you first to make the grind go far quicker for everyone involved!
Token 9: Win 7 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One Nation with only English Players in your squad
Token 10: Win 7 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One Nation with only Brazilian Players in your squad
These objectives don't require first owner players however there is a 60 Game Match Limit involved, meaning you have to win 14/60 games to obtain both tokens. This may somewhat hamper the Golden Goal rule that we'd adopted previously, however if you're a competent player, you should have no difficulty getting this one done!
Icon Swaps Are Now Live! - 11th December
Icon Swaps set 1 is now live and includes the first batch of objectives!
Icon Swaps Set 1 Rewards Confirmed
The first Icon Swaps Set of the year has been released, with 6 icons available to work towards, and a number of pack rewards available to complete!
- 2 Tokens - 2x Ultimate Packs
- 3 Tokens - 85+ x5 Pack
- 5 Tokens - 83+ x25 Pack
- 7 Tokens - 85 Nemanja Vidic
- 8 Tokens - Base Icon Pack
- 9 Tokens - 89 Gheorghe Hagi
- 10 Tokens - Base OR Mid Icon Pack
- 11 Tokens - 87 Davor Suker
- 12 Tokens - Mid Icon Pack
- 13 Tokens - 91 Ronald Koeman
- 14 Tokens - 90 Frank Rijkaard
- 15 Tokens - Mid OR Prime Icon Pack
- 16 Tokens - 89+ Mid Icon Pack
- 17 Tokens - Base Icon Player Pick of 3
- 17 Tokens - 90 Thierry Henry
What Should I Do With My Tokens?
What you do with your tokens is absolutely up to you.
The icons on offer aren’t really the most game-breaking set whatsoever and we’d recommend steering clear of the guaranteed icons in favour of other Icon Packs or the lower token value packs.
In our opinion, the big value from Icon Swaps Set 1 definitely comes from the pack rewards at the lower end.
Be sure to read our guide on how to best use your Icon Swaps tokens right here.
Icon Swaps Set 1 Objectives And Guide
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 5 First Owned Premier League players in your starting squad
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 5 First Owned Serie A players in your starting squad
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 5 First Owned La Liga players in your starting squad
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 5 First Owned Bundesliga players in your starting squad
- Win 6 matches in the Live FUT Friendly: One League with at least 5 First Owned Ligue 1 players in your starting squad
- Win 5 Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 Eredivisie players in your starting squad
- Win 5 Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 MLS players in your starting squad
- Win 5 Squad Battles matches on min. World Class difficulty with 11 EFL Championship players in your starting squad
The Golden Goal rule is absolutely something that you should be looking to encourage and abide by in friendly objectives to get them done faster. Change your team name to ‘Golden Goal,’ try to message your opponent to get them to co-operate, and it’ll go much faster.
Looking to finish these up as fast as possible? Be sure to check out our easy guide right here.
Icon Swaps Set 1 Token Release Dates
Icon Swaps Set 1 will have 2 sets of tokens available, with:
- 8 Tokens available from December 11th to January 1st
- 10 Tokens available from January 1st to February 12th
What Are Icon Swaps?
Icon Swaps is a program that runs multiple times throughout the FUT calendar, allowing players to earn tokens through gameplay objectives that can be used to claim icons and pack rewards.
In short, this is how Icon Swaps work:
When Are Icon Swaps Released?
Icon Swaps have been confirmed to be starting during December; these will arrive arrive on the 11th December.
This will coincide with the release of FUTMAS.
How Long Will Icon Swaps Set 1 Be Out For?
While we’ve had no official communication on how many Icon Swap Sets there will be throughout FUT 21, or how long each set will be, we’re expecting a similar set length and schedule to FUT 20, where we had 3 Icon Swap Sets in total, each released for 12 weeks at a time, split across 2 6-week FUT Seasons.
We’d like to hope that the structure will be slightly different this year to allow for the FUT Community to have all tokens available from the get-go, but we’ll have to wait and see!
How Many Tokens Will Be Available?
We're expecting 18 tokens in total for Icon Swaps Set 1.
Below you’ll be able to see the icons that were available from FIFA 20’s first Icon Swap Set that was released in the early stages last year.
As you can see from the selections, the levels of icons available were in keeping with the power curve at the time, with very few options that would dramatically increase the quality of teams at the stage of the game.
It’s also worth noting, that a Base Icon Pack was also available at 18 Tokens last year.
This year in FIFA 21 Ultimate Team, we’re expecting a greater mix between Icon and pack rewards, with an increased number of pack rewards.
This may mean that we see a slightly reduced selection of icons throughout the programs, however, with Icon SBCs taking up the slack, we can still expect to see most icons available through either Swaps or SBCs.
It’s also been revealed that pack rewards will be made available at lower Player Token values to allow more players to engage with the program.
This is a major positive from last year, as previously we’d only seen icon packs available outside of the icon content, available for a very high number of tokens, e.g. Base Icon Pack for 18 Tokens in Swap Set 1 last year in FUT 20. Hopefully, under this system, we’ll see far more high-end gold packs available, more icon packs, as well as some other surprises!
We’ll be releasing a full Icon Swap Set 1 Prediction in the coming weeks going over some potential players that we might be seeing from the program, as well as some potential pack rewards that may be included this year.
Icon Swap Player Predictions
Here was our original Icon Swaps predictions.
But, given that there are only 6 choices, the predictions become a lot trickier.
But there are still a few of these players that could feature including:
- 90 Garrincha
- 90 Butraguemo
- 91 Desailly
- 93 Baggio
- 85 Seedorf
- 90 Overmars
- 88 Rijkaard
- 89 Hierro
- 90 Van Nistelrooy
We weren't far off on a few of the choices!
Given that the selection will be heavily geared towards higher level icons at higher token rewards, we predict that Icon Swaps Set 1 will feature the following rewards:
- 1 Token - 7.5k Premium Gold Pack
- 2 Tokens - 15k Jumbo Premium Gold Pack
- 4 Tokens - 25k Premium Gold Players Pack
- 5 Tokens - 35k Mega Pack
- 6 Tokens - 50k Rare Players Pack
- 8 Tokens - 100k Jumbo Rare Players Pack
- 9 Tokens - Base Icon Pack
- 18 Tokens - Middle Icon Pack
How To Prepare For FIFA 21 Icon Swap Set 1
In terms of preparation for Icon Swap Set 1, while there aren’t necessarily any investments you can make, there are certainly some other ways you can prepare to get your FUT club in the best shape to tackle these objectives.
Last year during Icon Swaps, first owner objectives were a big contributing factor towards earning Player Tokens to claim Icons and pack rewards, meaning that you had to use players from set leagues or nations that were first owner items in your club.
To prepare for FIFA 21 Icon Swap Set 1:
- Ensure that you save meta (i.e. useable players in-game) from Top 5 Leagues, i.e. Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A & Ligue 1
- Ensure that you save meta (i.e. useable players in-game) from Popular Nations, i.e. Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium
Making sure you have a good stock of players for first owner objectives will mean you’re ready to tackle them from Day 1, and will have the edge on players that perhaps haven’t saved their better players for first owner objectives, allowing you to complete objectives and obtain tokens quicker and easier!
In terms of how we’ll be able to obtain tokens, you’ll be glad to know that it’s expected that objectives will now be for a Live FUT Friendlies mode, rather than in the ultra-competitive Rivals mode. This will hopefully match players up against similar quality teams, with players all working towards the same objective, rather than playing in Rivals against top-level teams and players not looking to complete set objectives.
Rewards - Packs Vs Players Split
As revealed in EA’s FUT Content Pitch Notes article in late September before the release of the game, “there will be a greater mix between ICON and pack rewards, with an increased number of pack rewards.”
Furthermore, EA also revealed that “packs rewards will be made available at lower Player Token values to allow more players to engage with the program.”
What this will mean, is that there will be more pack rewards available early on in the Icon Swaps grind, likely between the 1 and 7 token marks, likely for packs such as the 7.5k Premium Gold Pack, 15k Premium Gold Jumbo Pack etc, we don’t expect for packs to be replacing or limiting the selection of Icon players or Icon packs at all, simply adding in extra options for players to obtain rewards at lower token levels.