Diablo 4 might be on the minds of all Diablo fans, but with the next game from Blizzard likely a good few months away, Diablo 3 is still here to satisfy our needs.
Despite being seven years old, Diablo 3 is not getting long in the tooth just yet, and there's plenty of fun to be had from the hack-and-slash action RPG.
If you're just starting out with Diablo (firstly, where have you been?) then you might be wondering which class you should pick for Season 24 which has just started.
Worry not, we've got an up to date Diablo 3 Season 24 Tier List you can read, which sorts your S Tier builds from your F Tier flops. We also have a guide to leveling up fast if you need help with that too.
If the Barbarian class has caught your eye and you want to know the best build to use in Season 24, don't you worry. We've got all the key details you'll need just below.
Read More - When Will Diablo 3 Season 24 End?
Is The Barbarian Good In Diablo 3 Season 24?
Whilst this isn't necessarily the best class of Diablo 3 Season 24, the Barbarian is once again another incredibly strong contender in Season 24 for Greater Rifts solo pushing and speed runs.
This is in no small part thanks to the in powerful Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Build, which appears to only get stronger thanks to the seasonal addition of Ethereal items.
This is by far one of the most fun S-Tier builds you can pick and whilst there are three perfectly decent A-Tier builds you could choose to play with, nothing quite comes close to the this.
The Best Barbarian Build in Diablo 3 Season 24
As you might have guessed, the best Barbarian build for Diablo 3 season 24 (patch 2.7.1) is the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Build.
Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Gear Set Up -
You'll need to gather the full Wrath of the Wastes armour set. Follow the links if you would like a closer look at the stats on the Diablo 3 website:
- Helm: Helm of the Wastes
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes
- Gloves: Gauntlet of the Wastes
- Chest: Cuirass of the Wastes
- Pants: Tasset of the Wastes
- Boots: Sabaton of the Wastes
Having two pieces in the set increases damage by 500% and duration to 15 seconds. Having four pieces means that the Barbarian takes 50% damage during Whirlwind and 3 seconds afterwards, whilst also dealing triple Rend damage. Having six pieces means Whirlwind gains the effect of the Dust Devils rune and all Whirlwind and Rend damage is increased by 10000%.
Along with the Waste armour set, you'll want to equip the following to really maximise your Barbarians potential:
- Belt: Lamentation
- Bracers: Mortick's Brace
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Convention of Elements
- Ring 2: Band of Might
- Weapon 1: The Slanderer
- Weapon 2: Little Rogue
Kanai's Cube Slots -
- Weapon Slot: Ambo's Pride
- Armour Slot: Mantle of Channeling
- Jewellery Slot: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
Best Barbarian Ethereal Item In Season 24
The new Ethereals are powerful new weapons coming to the game in Season 24. But they are only available in Season 24, so make the most of them whilst you can.
An interesting aspect of these new weapons is that they have no durability and can never break. In addition, Legendary Powers and Class Passive Skills rolled on Ethereals do not stack with the same power equipped through Kanai’s Cube, Items or Skills.
You can see our full list of Ethereal Weapons on the link, but for the sake of our Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Build, we're ideally hoping that we pick up either The Grandfather or Gimmershred.
Grandfather is probably the best of the bunch, a two-handed weapon with high attack speed that deals 3477+ damage per second. That said Gimmershred is also a good pick, and is only one-handed.
If you're now wondering how to farm ethereal weapons in Season 24, don't worry, we've also got a guide for that too. So just follow the link.
Best Active Skills -
*Skill Runes detailed in bold.
- Ancient Spear with Rage Flip
- Whirlwind with Wind Shear
- Rend with Bloodbath
- Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash
- Battle Rage with Swords to Ploughshares
- Wrath of the Berserker with Insanity
Best Passive Skills -
- Berserker Rage - You deal 25% additional damage while near maximum Fury.
- Brawler - As long as there are 3 enemies within 12 yards, all of your damage is increased by 20%.
- Ruthless - When you are healed by a health globe, gain 2% Life regeneration per second and 4% increased movement speed for 15 seconds. This bonus stacks up to 5 times.
- Boon of Bul-Kathos - Reduce the cooldowns of your: Earthquake (by 15 seconds), Call of the Ancients (by 30 seconds), Wrath of the Berserker (by 30 seconds.)
Barbarian Whirlwind Rend Build Video Guide
Whilst we could write down all the nitty-gritty details, how about a video, because that's far more interesting.
Have a watch of Diablo expert Rhykker as he runs the rule over this Whildwind Rend Wrath of the Wastes build.
Alternative Barbarian Builds In Season 24
If you don't fancy running with the Wrath of the Wastes Whirlwind Rend Build, there are alternatives for those who want to keep using the Barbarian class.
Although they likely won't be anywhere near as well-positioned for Season 24 you can also opt for one of the below three:
- Savage Frenzy Barbarian Build.
- Might of the Earth Earthquake Barbarian Build
- Might of the Earth Seismic Slam Barbarian Build
The above three builds are all A-Tier in Season 24, but everything else is B-Tier or below so won't be worth your time.
What Other Class Should You Pick In Season 24?
For argument's sake, you've got to the end of this story and decided 'actually, I don't want to play as the Barbarian in Season 24'.
That's fine, well why don't we help you with a look at some of our other best builds in the game, just below.
- Best Crusader Build In Season 24
- Best Demon Hunter Build In Season 24
- Best Monk Build in Season 24
- Best Necromancer Build In Season 24
- Best Witch Doctor Build In Season 24
- Best Wizard Build In Season 24
And if you still don't know after reading all these guides, then we can't help you; Enjoy the new Season!