Survival games like ARK are usually about struggle and sometimes it can be a bit too tough for some players. Although many are against it, this is where cheats are a great option for those looking for a more easy-going playthrough. One of the most useful commands available in ARK will instantly tame dinosaurs. Keep reading to find out how to do it and build your dino army!
How To Force Tame
To force tame you'll need to open the cheat console and enable cheats.
The way to do this will vary depending on what platform you're on.
- PC - Tab
- PS4 - L1 + R1 + Square + Triangle
- Xbox One - LB + RB + X + Y
You should see a bar appear at the bottom of your screen. Now you can enter whichever cheats you want to use. To close the console, enter the same sequence of buttons used before. If you're playing singleplayer cheats should work as soon as you type them and press enter. But, if you're on a multiplayer server you need to enter 'EnableCheats [Password]'. Enter the admin password into the brackets.
Below are the cheats you can use to force tame.
- cheat forcetame
- Immediately tames the dinosaur under the player's crosshairs. Dinosaurs tamed with this command can be ridden even when no saddle is equipped (to remove this, cryopod and throw out the creature). Will crash game/server if done while mounted.
- cheat ForceTameAOE <Radius>
- Force tames every dino in specified radius, default's to 2000 if no number is given.
Here are a few other cheats that may interest you!
- addexperience <X> 0 0 – Gives you X amount of XP
- DestroyAllEnemies – Destroys all non-player creatures on the map, including tamed creatures
- DestroyMyTarget – Destroys the creature or structure that is currently in your crosshairs instantly, without leaving a corpse
- DestroyStructures – Destroys all structures owned by all players on the map
- DisableSpectator – Disables spectator mode. Character is killed and respawn menu is displayed
- DoExit – Shuts down the server
- DoTame – Tames the targeted creature
- EnableCheats <password>- Enable server admin commands for current player
- EnableSpectator – Enables spectator mode
- EnemyInvisible true – All creatures will ignore the current player even when attacked
- EnemyInvisible False – Disables the creature
- fly – Allows you to fly
- forcetame – Instantly tames a dinosaur, can ride without saddle
- gamma X – Changes the ingame brightness
- giveengrams – Unlocks all crafting recipes for your character
- giveresources – Gives you 50 of all resources
- GiveToMe – Changes the owner of the target (creature or structure) to the current player
- ghost – Noclip, ability to walk through walls/objects
- god – Enables god mode, you are not able to be killed
- HurtMe <amount> – Damages the player character
- infinitestats – Gives you infinite hunger, stamina, and other stats
- kill – Instantly kills the targeted structure or creature
- leavemealone – Combination of, god, infinitestats, and EnemyInvisible True
- PlayersOnly – Stops all creature movement and crafting in the game. Players can still move around normally. Repeat this command to disable
- r.bloomquality X – Sets the bloom level
- r.lightshafts X – Sets the light shafts coming from light sources
- SaveWorld – Force saves the server
- setcheatplayer true – Enables the cheat menu
- setcheatplayer false – Disables the cheat menu
- settimeofday <timestring> – Changes the time of day
- ShowMyAdminManager – Brings up the Admin UI
- Stat fps – FPS stats for anyone
- Stat unit – Anyone (not just admin) can see stats
- teleport – Teleported in your current direction
- toggleInfiniteAmmo – Infinite weapon ammo
- walk – Deactivates flying