Gamesharing is a pretty simple premise.
Essentially the feature allows you and a friend to share each other's digital library of games with one another.
You don't even need to be online at the same time or sat in the same physical location.
A perfect money-saving solution for the post COVID world we now live in.
So if you're interested in making use of this excellent feature on your new Xbox Series X or Series S, read on.
In this guide we'll explain how to do the following:
- How To Game Share With Friends on Xbox Series X or Series S?
- How Many People Can You Game Share With On Xbox Series X or Series S?
How To Game Share With Friends on Xbox Series X?
This also applies to Xbox One and Xbox Series S for those wondering.
Before you do anything, make sure the person your sharing with is a close friend or family member. Only share with people you trust.
Once your comfortable, here is your step by step guide:
- Turn on your Xbox console and sign in to your Xbox Live account.
- Now press the Xbox button and navigate to the far-right of the menu until you reach the "Profile & System" tab.
- Now select the “Add or Switch” button and then click “Add New” to add your friend's Xbox Live profile.
- Next, you'll need to enter your friend's Xbox Live account information. This includes email address and password. This is why we obviously say, only game share with people you trust.
- Once you've added your friend, go back to the “Profile and System” tab and click “Add or Switch” before selecting your friend's account to sign in.
- Now you've signed in to your friends account, go back to “Profile and System” once again, and click “Settings”.
- Within Settings, select "General"
- Then “Personalization.”
- Then “My Home Xbox.”
- You now need to select "Make this my home Xbox"
After you've done this, you'll then want to do it again but for on your friends Xbox, so you can both share in the benefits.
It's important to note that you can add your friend's account to your Xbox, but unless you set their profile as your 'Home Xbox' you won't be able to game share.
Have fun sharing!
How Many People Can You Game Share With On Xbox Series X or Series S?
We've seen this question asked a lot in the past in relation to game share on Xbox One.
Unfortunately, the situation hasn't changed with the release of new next-gen hardware.
It's still only possible to game share with two people or rather, two consoles.
And last we checked, you can only change your home console up to five times in a year, so you don't want to make a habit of doing this a lot.
If anything, only do it with your best bud, ideally one you know buys a lot of games you're likely to enjoy or want to play.