Get ready to transform yourself into a gnome.
The hallmark of Christmas for WoW players is probably running around as the tinkerers of Azeroth.
We can't wait for this year's Feast of Winter Veil so let's take a look at what's to come.
As Shadowlands just launched we doubt the focus to be too much on the event this year!
Click the links below to jump to each section:
WoW Feast Of Winter Veil 2020
The Feast of Winter Veil is World of Warcraft's take on a Christmas event.
During this time Orgrimmar and Ironforge will be decked out in seasonal decorations.
While the event is on there's plenty of quests to do and items to collect!
Right now there isn't a lot of information on this year's event but we've listed previous features below to give you an idea of what's to come in the meantime.
No release date has been confirmed yet.
As well as that there isn't a recurring start or end date to go by.
Although, we know this event tends to end in the first week of January.
We'll keep you updated if we hear more on the launch date!
There are three quest sets to complete during Winter Veil.
Bear in mind you must be level 50 to complete the below quests.
The first set gives a bit on an introduction to the holiday:
- Greatfather Winter is Here! (Alliance) / Great-father Winter is Here! (Horde)
- Treats for Greatfather Winter (Alliance) / Treats for Great-father Winter (Horde)
Another quest series gives the history of Winter Veil and rewards you with reputation with the Orgrimmar/Ironforge.
-  The Reason for the Season (Neutral)
-  The Feast of Winter Veil (Neutral)
The last set leads up to the daily boss up in Alterac Mountains, The Abominable Greench:
- [50G Daily] You're a Mean One... (Neutral)
-  A Smokywood Pastures' Thank You! (Neutral)
We've listed some of the items to previously come to the game with the seasonal event.
These are only available during Winter Veil.
- Miniature Winter Veil Tree
- Glowing Gift
There are thirty-two toys and most of them are exclusive to the event.
Seven toys are sold by vendors year-round:
- Blue Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controller (40g)
- Foot Ball (40g)
- The Swineskin (40g)
- Tiny Blue Ragdoll (10g)
- Tiny Green Ragdoll (10g)
- Toy Train Set (250g)
- Wind-Up Train Wrecker (250g)
One can be purchased for five Merry Supplies at the Garrison:
- Crashin' Thrashin' Killdozer Controller
Another toy will be mailed to players after completing a chain starting with [50G Daily] You're a Mean One... (mentioned above in quests):
- Winter Veil Disguise Kit
Last year's toys were the Crashin' Thrashin' Battleship (Alliance) and Crashin' Thrashin' Juggernaught (Horde).
Previous-year gifts can only be found in the Stolen Present (Daily):
- Toy Armor Set (Alliance / Horde) (2018 gift)
- Greatfather Winter's Hearthstone (2018 gift)
- Toy Weapon Set (Alliance / Horde) (2017 gift)
- Hearthstation (Alliance / Horde) (2017 gift)
- Endothermic Blaster (2016 gift)
- Disposable Winter Veil Suits (2016 gift)
- Crashin' Thrashin' Flamer Controller (2015 gift)
- Red Wooden Sled (2015 gift)
- Crashin' Thrashin' Shredder Controller (2014 gift)
- Cushions (2014 gifts)
- Fuzzy Green Lounge Cushion
- Pineapple Lounge Cushion
- Safari Lounge Cushion
- Zhevra Lounge Cushion
- Crashin' Thrashin' Flyer Controller (2013 gift)
- The Pigskin and the Special Edition Foot Ball (2012 gift)
- MiniZep Controller (2010 gift)
- Crashin' Thrashin' Racer Controller (2008 gift)t].
Ten pets can be obtained during Winter Veil.
One of them spawns as a battle pet in the Giant Snow Globes:
- Globe Yeti
Another is sold by toy vendors year-round and can rarely be found in the Stolen Present:
- Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (50g)
Three pets can only be found in the Stolen Present (Daily):
- Clockwork Rocket Bot (2007 gift)
- Lump of Coal
- Rotten Helper Box
One of four pets can be found in the Gaily Wrapped Present.
Bear in mind that you can only get one per character each year and they require level 20:
- Green Helper Box (Father Winter's Helper)
- Jingling Bell (Winter Reindeer)
- Red Helper Box (Winter's Little Helper)
- Snowman Kit (Tiny Snowman)
One pet can be found in Snow Mounds in the quest area of Frostfire Ridge but it is rare:
Greatfather Winter will send a letter to players with Cooking, Leatherworking, or Tailoring skills and they will receive:
- Recipe: Hot Apple Cider
- Pattern: Winter Boots
- Pattern: Green Winter Clothes (Alliance) or Pattern: Red Winter Clothes (Horde)
Vendors sell the recipes below:
- Recipe: Hot Apple Cider
- Recipe: Gingerbread Cookie
- Recipe: Winter Veil Egg Nog
- Pattern: Green Winter Clothes (Horde)
- Pattern: Red Winter Clothes (Alliance)
- Pattern: Winter Boots
Inside the Ticking Present or the Smokywood Pastures Special Gift, players might find:
- Recipe: Elixir of Frost Power
- Plans: Edge of Winter
- Formula: Enchant Weapon - Winter's Might
- Schematic: Snowmaster 9000
- Pattern: Gloves of the Greatfather
- Pattern: Green Holiday Shirt
- 5x Graccu's Mince Meat Fruitcake (99g 99s)
- 5x Blended Bean Brew (1s 25c)
- 5x Green Garden Tea (10s)
- 5x Sparkling Apple Cider (10s)
- 5x Holiday Cheesewheel (1s 25c)
- 5x Graccu's Homemade Meat Pie (10s)
- 5x Spicy Beefstick (20s)
- 5x Honeyed Holiday Ham (40s)
- Steamwheedle Fizzy Spirits (1s 50c)
- Greatfather's Winter Ale (20s)
Vendors in Alliance and Neutral cities will sell Red Winter Clothes pattern, whereas vendors in Horde cities will sell the Green Winter Clothes pattern.
- 5x Snowball (10c)
- Blue Ribboned Wrapping Paper (10c)
- Green Ribboned Wrapping Paper (10c)
- Purple Ribboned Wrapping Paper (10c)
- 5x Holiday Spices (10c)
- Holiday Spirits (50c)
- 5x Candy Cane (25c)
- Gaudy Winter Veil Sweater (22c)
- Recipe: Gingerbread Cookie (25c)
- Recipe: Winter Veil Egg Nog (2s 40c)
- Pattern: Green Winter Clothes (Horde) (50s)
- Pattern: Red Winter Clothes (Alliance/Neutral) (50s)
- Pattern: Winter Boots (50s)
- Recipe: Hot Apple Cider (1g)
During the Feast of Winter Veil, some bosses will have festive holiday hats equipped and they have a chance of dropping it.
Although, the drop rate drops dramatically when it comes to humanoids.
Finely-Tailored Green Holiday Hat
- Varimathras in Antorus, the Burning Throne
- DungeonsRaal the Gluttonous in Waycrest Manor
- Aspix in Temple of Sethraliss
- Illysanna Ravencrest in Black Rook Hold
- King Deepbeard in Eye of Azshara
Finely-Tailored Red Holiday Hat
- Fetid Devourer in Uldir
- Krosus in The Nighthold
- Vol'kaal in Atal'Dazar
- Skycap'n Kragg in Freehold
- Talixae Flamewreath in Court of Stars
- Saprish in the The Seat of the Triumvirate
Green Winter Hat
- Tyrant Velhari in Hellfire Citadel
- Beastlord Darmac in Blackrock Foundry
- The Butcher in Highmaul
- Galakras in Siege of Orgrimmar
- Soulbinder Nyami in Auchindoun
- Oshir in Iron Docks
- Drahga Shadowburner in Grim Batol
- Lord Godfrey in Shadowfang Keep
- Mage-Lord Urom in The Oculus
Red Winter Hat
- Iron Reaver in Hellfire Citadel
- Flamebender Ka'graz in Blackrock Foundry
- General Nazgrim in Siege of Orgrimmar
- Gug'rokk in Bloodmaul Slag Mines
- Commander Tharbek in Upper Blackrock Spire
- Corla, Herald of Twilight in Blackrock Caverns
- High Priestess Azil in The Stonecore
- Admiral Ripsnarl in The Deadmines
- Grand Magus Telestra in The Nexus
- Jedoga Shadowseeker in Ahn'kahet: The Old Kingdom