This week a bug was released with the release of this week's bonus event Burning Crusade Timewalking, causing an extra experience bonus to be earned from completing one of these dungeons.
Many players were quick to take advantage of these extra experience gains and leveled up other characters they have been wanting to play.
While bugs like this can often be referred to as an exploit by Blizzard, no action will be taken on the accounts that leveled up many characters with these increased experience gains.
Player reports say they were receiving 300k experience from a single dungeon, and now after the hotfix, it is down to the normal 80k.
World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Hotfixes For August 4th
- Death Knight
- Fixed an issue with the healing from Death Coil not reducing the cooldown of Apocalypse and Army of the Dead when talented into Army of the Damned.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Peaceweaver (PvP Talent) from applying to targets in Smoke Bomb.
Dungeons and Raids
- Tazavesh, the Veiled Market
- Fixed an issue where players could get stuck under a shipwreck in the Stormheim section.
- Fixed an issue where an incorrect amount of experience was being awarded when completing a Timewalking dungeon.
Burning Crusade Classic
- Midsummer Fire Festival
- "A Thief's Reward" is now available after returning the flames of all major enemy city's bonfires.
Blizzard's official hotfix notes can be found on the World of Warcraft website.