Blizzard has confirmed that the mage tower will once again be open as a part of the Legion Timewalking event.
Last week data was found uploaded to the PTR which referenced the mage tower returning, along with recolored tier 20 armor sets, which many players believed would be used as a reward for this event.
Turns out the community was right, with Blizzard releasing a blog post about the changes today.
The event will run alongside Legion Timewalking each time it is active, beginning with the first two weeks of the patch.
Read more: World Of Warcraft: Blizzard Hints At More Changes Coming To Live Servers This Week.
Legion's Mage Tower Confirmed To Return As A Patch 9.1.5 Feature
Unfortunately for people who missed the legion version, you will not be able to earn the original limited-time awards from the event.
Here are all the challenges for each specialization:
- Closing the Eye: Frost Death Knight, Havoc Demon Hunter, Survival Hunter, Subtlety Rogue, and Arms Warrior.
- An Impossible Foe: Unholy Death Knight, Feral Druid, Fire Mage, Outlaw Rogue, Elemental Shaman, and Fury Warrior.
- The God-Queen’s Fury: Arcane Mage, Retribution Paladin, Assassination Rogue, Enhancement Shaman, and Demonology Warlock.
- Feltotem’s Fall: Beast Mastery Hunter, Windwalker Monk, Discipline Priest, and Destruction Warlock.
- The Highlord’s Return: Blood Death Knight, Vengeance Demon Hunter, Guardian Druid, Brewmaster Monk, Protection Paladin, and Protection Warrior.
- End of the Risen Threat: Restoration Druid, Mistweaver Monk, Holy Paladin, Holy Priest, and Restoration Shaman.
- Thwarting the Twins: Balance Druid, Marksmanship Hunter, Frost Mage Shadow Priest, and Affliction Warlock.
The mage tower was best known for the Guardian Druid Bear skin, and while the original is not available, a new Fel themed bear will be available to earn.
The same encounters will be used, however, Blizzard will be scaling players once they join, in order to keep the event relevant and challenging for the future.
Players wanting more challenges can complete each different encounter, which will award them the Soaring Spelltome Mount.
Patch 9.1.5 has yet to receive a release date and is currently available for testing on the Public Test Realm.