Blizzard has published hotfix notes announcing nerfs across four Sanctum of Domination Bosses, including the painful Painsmith Ranzal, and the final boss Sylvanas Windrunner.
Earlier this week the Alliance Hall of Fame reached 100 guilds, meaning that the following reset would close the achievement and open up cross-realm Mythic raiding.
These nerfs come in at a time where Blizzard sees many guilds already progressed enough through the raid, so they will tune the difficulty down just a bit to get more guilds through Mythic.
Huge Sanctum Of Domination Nerfs Announced Before The Opening OF Cross-Realm Mythic
All changes are planned to go live with the weekly reset.
- Reduced the distance between floor spike gaps during Stage Two on Mythic difficulty.
"Developers’ note: The distance between safe locations should now be more consistent with this change."
- Shadowsteel Chains periodic damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Updated the rune locations to be more consistent with clockwise rotations and slightly less demanding with counterclockwise rotations on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
- Players now have an additional 10 seconds on Raid Finder difficulty, 10 seconds on Normal difficulty, and 5 seconds on Heroic difficulty to realign their fate.
- Kel’Thuzad health reduced by 5% on Mythic difficulty.
- Remnant of Kel'Thuzad health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Unstoppable Abomination health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Soul Reaver health reduced by 20% on Mythic difficulty.
- Frozen Destruction’s initial damage reduced by 40% on Mythic difficulty.
- Frozen Destruction’s damage over time effect reduced by 10% and the duration reduced to 8 seconds (was 10 seconds) on Mythic difficulty.
- Fixed an issue where Kel'Thuzad would cast abilities during Howling Blizzard on Mythic difficulty.
- Howling Blizzard now inflicts stacking damage over the duration of the channel on Mythic difficulty.
- Domination Arrows health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Dark Sentinels health reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Curse of Lethargy base duration reduced to 4 seconds on Mythic difficulty (was 6 seconds).
- Decrepit Orb Detonation damage reduced by 10% on Mythic difficulty.
- Veil of Darkness radius during Stage Two reduced to 12 yards on Mythic difficulty (was 15 yards).
- Banshee's Fury unavoidable damage reduced by 15% on Mythic difficulty.
- Ranger's Heartseeker, Banshee's Heartseeker, and Banshee's Blades damage reduced by 8% on Mythic difficulty.
- Resolved an issue which could cause Ruin to unintentionally fail to inflict damage.