Many of the changes revolve around preventing mobs from staying in combat for extended periods of time by granting them immunity to roots and snares after 30 seconds.
These changes should not have any effect on regular groups that are running the dungeons, but if 30 seconds proves too short, the timer will be able to adjust.
"These changes should be largely invisible to groups who complete this content at an appropriate level with an appropriate group composition, while making many methods of kiting, gathering, and killing large groups of enemies much more precarious and inefficient. Please note that in Stratholme and Maraudon, the auras that grant immunity to slows and roots can also be reset if a creature is afflicted by a “hard” CC such as a Polymorph or Shackle Undead". The patch notes read.
First Round Of Nerfs To Mage Boosting In The Season Of Mastery Are Now Live On The Beta
The changes are as follows:
- Stratholme: All Undead creatures in Stratholme will now gain an immunity to snares 30 seconds after entering combat and gain immunity to roots after an additional 30 seconds of combat.
- Maraudon: Many creatures in Maraudon will gain an immunity to snares 30 seconds after entering combat and gain immunity to roots after an additional 30 seconds of combat.
- Mauradon: 30 seconds after gaining immunity to root effects, enemies gain 50% increased movement speed.
- Maraudon and Stratholme: Any type of crowd control (except snares or roots) will reset the snare immunity, root immunity, and speed buffs.
- Zul’Farrak: Zombie Trolls in Zul’Farrak now drop fewer lucrative treasures. Most of the loot previously dropped by Zombie Trolls has been redistributed to other enemies in the dungeon.