Valorant hasn't long been into Act 2 and already we're receiving an update.
Riot Games usually push a patch update to the game every two weeks on a Tuesday, although this time it's a bit different.
Most updates come with a clear indication of what is to come, but we've been left with little information to work with this time.
Here's are the notes for Valorant's 1.06 Patch.
As noted by the official Valorant Twitter account, the next patch will arrive on the 20th August 2020.
This is due to the planned Riot summer break.
"To make sure we’re not just cramming more into the following week, we’re shifting some patches and release timelines a bit to accommodate," Riot Games wrote when announcing its week break earlier in the month.
1.06 Patch Notes
Valorant has dubbe this patch the "Air Shotgun" patch.
Unfortunately, the new patch does not address issues that we were hoping to see such as:
- Killjoy Wallhack Fix
- Deathmatch XP Changes
- Footstep Issues
- Killjoy Alarmbot Exploit
- Latency Issues, Ghost Bullets And Game Crash Fixes
- Rank System Improvements
- All shotguns updated to be less accurate when fired while in the air
- Spread penalty when in air increased .5 >>> 1.25
- While shotguns are doing well in situations they are supposed to, there have been overly frustrating moments where people are accurate with these weapons while in the air. We hope to curb some of those encounters while still making them possible if you catch an opponent at a short distance. We’ll also be investigating more potential changes to shotguns now that we’re rested.
EZXP: The XP rewards in Deathmatch aren't what players had hoped for
- The audio and visuals for blinding effects (Phoenix Curveball and Breach Flashpoint) should better indicate when to turn away, and when it's safe to look again
KILLJOY: Is Valorant's new agent set for a big change?
Quality Of Life
- In Collection menu screens, the “Show Owned Only” toggle now persists between screens and client restarts.
- Potential fix for the bug where the player's HUD sometimes disappears.
- Fixed a bug in deathmatch match history & match details where ties between 3 or more players were not displaying as a tie, instead of showing the lowest rank as if they were not tied (so a 3-way tie for 2nd would show 4TH
- PLACE instead of 2ND PLACE (TIED)).
- Fixed a bug that allowed progress towards competitive matchmaking for new players by forfeiting unrated games.
- Forfeited games will not count towards the Competitive requirement for the team who forfeited.
- Fixed a bug where ‘<Missing String Table>’ would appear in the chat log.
- Fixed a bug where strange player names could appear in chat when managing party invites
- Fixed a bug where some players were missing rewards after reaching the end of Agent Contracts or the Act Battle Pass. Playing a game should grant the missing rewards, including missing rewards from Act 1.