Valheim starts players off with nothing but some ragged clothing and their fists. Over time, new materials become available, allowing you to craft Bronze metal into pickaxes and more. These newly crafted resources will be much stronger, and in some cases can be used to mine and break things that were previously out of reach. Here's how to get Bronze in Valheim, and the resources you'll need to craft it.
How to Get Bronze in Valheim
To get Bronze in Valheim you’ll need to have defeated Eikthyr, the game’s first boss. Once that's done, you can perform the following actions to start getting Bronze metal.
- Get the Hard Antler from the boss Eikthyr
- Use this to craft an Antler Pickaxe
- Head to the Black Forest biome and look for Copper and Tin
- If you're having trouble finding them, check areas with shining rocks, often near shorelines and water
- Black Forest biomes are often marked by fir and pine trees, so look for these
- Look for green rocks with a yellow aura and use the Antler Pickaxe on these to get Copper
- Tin is found in shiny deposits on the ground (usually near water)
How to Craft Bronze
Before crafting Bronze you’ll need the recipe. This will unlock as soon as you have Copper and Tin in your inventory. Once you have these, you’ll need to build a forge. To do this you’ll need 4 Stone, 4 Coal, 10 Wood, and 6 Copper. Head to the forge and craft some Bronze.
The actual crafting recipe for bronze consists of 2 Copper bars and 1 Tin bar. Use these in the forge to create a bar of Bronze.
Bronze Farming and Best Seed to Use
If you need to get a hold of a lot of Bronze quickly, we recommend using a Seed to enter a different world. This seed from Reddit user u/peanutsofdoom spawns you in the Black Forest, so you can get busy looking for Copper and Tin to make bronze. The code is: AnimeSucks
Just head to this world at the main menu, by entering the corresponding seed code. This will take you to a location right near a Black Forest biome. You can then mine materials for Bronze and take them back with you.