Tokyo Game Show is back once again for 2021. Following on from E3, Summer Games Fest and Gamescom, TGS marks the next big event in the industry calendar, with prominent publishers all scheduled to attend.
Starting later this month, if you're looking to find out more about this year's TGS, here's everything we know:
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - Latest News
Xbox Formally Confirms Tokyo Game Show 2021 Stream On September 30th - September 15th, 2021
While previously confirmed to be attending by TGS directly, Microsoft's since laid out their plans directly, and you can read more here.
Square Enix Presents Returns At Tokyo Game Show On October 1st - September 10th, 2021
Square Enix has become the latest publisher to confirm their event plans. Announced in a new press release, their previous Square Enix Presents online broadcasts are returning once more on October 1st.
TGS 2021 Announces Full Publisher Line-Up - September 1st, 2021
Tokyo Game Show will feature over 44 different presentations, according to the latest schedule. Featuring showcases from big names like Microsoft, Konami, Capcom and SEGA, you can find details further below.
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - Confirmed Publishers/Partners
As confirmed via their list of exhibition partners, here's some of the more notable ones we know will be attending TGS 2021:
- Bandai Namco
- D3 Publisher
- GungHo Online Entertainment
- Koch Media
- Koei Tecmo
- Sony Interactive Entertainment
- Square Enix
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - Schedule
We're getting details about each publisher's schedule, and there's 44 presentations in total. You can find the full list here and here's the key ones to look out for:
- TGS Online Opening - September 30th - 6pm PT / 9pm ET / 2am BST / 3am CEST / 10am JST
- Xbox Showcase - September 30th - 2am PT / 5am ET / 10am BST / 11am CEST / 6pm JST
- Konami Showcase - September 30th - 3am PT / 6am ET / 11am BST / Noon CEST / 7pm JST
- Spike Chunsoft - September 30th - 4am PT / 7am ET / Noon BST / 1pm CEST / 8pm JST
- Capcom Online Program - September 30th - 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm BST / 3pm CEST / 10pm JST
- Square Enix Presents - October 1st - 3am PT / 6am ET / 11am BST / Noon CEST / 7pm JST
- Bandai Namco Presentation - October 1st - 4am PT / 7am ET / Noon BST / 1pm CEST / 8pm JST
- Level 5 Presentation - October 1st - 6am PT / 9am ET / 1pm BST / 2pm CEST / 9pm
- Sega/Atlus Presentation - October 1st - 6am PT / 9am ET / 2pm BST / 3pm CEST / 10pm
- Koei Tecmo Presentation - October 2nd - 4am PT / 7am ET / Noon BST / 1pm CEST / 8pm JST
- Tokyo Game Music FES - October 2nd - Times TBC
- ARC SYSTEM WORKS - October 3rd - 4am BST / 5am CEST / 1pm JST (8pm PT & 11pm ET on October 2nd)
- Ubiday 2021 Online - October 3rd - 2am PT / 5am ET / 10am BST / 11am CEST / 6pm JST
- Genshin Impact TGS Program - October 3rd - 5am PT / 8am ET / 1pm BST / 2pm CEST / 9pm JST
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - Confirmed Games
While we've heard about a lot of publishers attending TGS 2021, we've not had solid confirmation about many specific games. However, here's what we do know will be present.
- Back 4 Blood
- Blue Reflection: Second Light
- Dynasty Warriors 9: Empires
- Genshin Impact
- King of Fighters XV
- Lost Judgment
- NOBUNAGA'S AMBITION: Shinsei
- Phantasy Star Online 2: New Genesis
- Sega NET Mahjong MJ
- Shin Megami Tensei V
- Sonic Colors: Ultimate
- Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown
- Yu-Gi-Oh! MASTER DUEL
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - Where To Watch
As an online-only event, it's likely you'll find streams through the Tokyo Game Show YouTube channel. However, each publisher may have their own streams going through official YouTube and Twitch channels - SEGA/Atlus being one example - so we'll have to wait on further information for those.
Tokyo Game Show 2021 - VR Edition
As part of TGS' broadcasting plans, they've announced plans to bring us a VR version, available natively through Oculus Quest and PC, which can be accessed with or without a headset. You can find the required PC specs and internet requirements in the link, and speaking further, the website tells us:
With this idea, we are taking on the challenge of building the game show of the future. This is what TGSVR is about. The first-ever game show in VR. It’s a grand experiment.
You can see that in action below, around the 20 minute mark:
As for who's joining in with this, TGS VR lists these exhibitors: eSports high TV, KADOKAWA, Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san VR Project, Ministry of the Environment, GungHo Online Entertainment, KOEI TECMO GAMES, Konami Digital Entertainment, Survios, Square Enix, SEGA, WFS, DeNA, D_CIDE TRAUMEREI, VARK, Bandai Namco, MyDearest, LEVEL-5