If you’re planning to build the Cold Suit in Subnautica Below Zero, you’ll need to get Snow Stalker Fur, a raw resource found on the deadly Snowstalkers who patrol the icy surface. However, getting it isn’t easy, so we’ve put together this guide on how to get Snow Stalker Fur in Subnautica Below Zero.
Read More: How to Get Gold in Subnautica Below Zero
How to Get Snow Stalker Fur in Subnautica Below Zero
To get Snow Stalker Fur in Subnautica Below Zero, players have two options: either find it as a loose object in the world, or use a Spy Pengling to interact with Snowstalkers from a safe distance. Neither is easy, so we’ll go through both options in more detail below:
Where to Find Snow Stalker Fur
Snow Stalker Fur can be found above the surface of the water in the Glacial Basin area on the West side of the game map. More specifically, it’s found in the enclosed caves that appear all over the area. They seem to drop fairly randomly, so you’ll just need to explore the area, paying close attention to the surfaces where the snow meets the cave wall.
How to Get Snow Stalker Fur from Snowstalkers with the Spy Pengling
This method is a lot more reliable, but also forces you to get close to the Snowstalkers. Bring a Pengling and some Flares; Snowstalkers will flee from them when lit, so they can help you escape a dangerous situation.
- From the Phi Robotics Center, take the North door then immediately turn East to head down the frozen river until you see a cave to the Southeast.
- Go inside and you’ll see an exit to the Southeast beyond.
- Drop the Spy Pengling and send it rolling out of the door. There should be at least one Snowstalker out here, but it doesn’t care about the little drone.
- Roll right up to it and interact with the Stalker to pick up numerous pieces of Snow Stalker Fur. It can hold four at most, but you only need four pieces to craft the entire Cold Suit.
- Bring the Pengling back and open its storage to get the Fur.
If you’re getting used to surface exploration, you should head to the rare hidden area Outpost Zero, which we’ve outlined the location for here. Or check out how to make your very own Seatruck vehicle here.