Morgan Le Fay is the latest addition to the pantheon of Smite, bringing devastating attacks and affliction marks to cause chaos in battle.
Before diving in and giving Morgan a try, it is important to understand how her abilities work, especially her passive Empowered Blade.'
Morgan Le Fay's Abilities
At first glance, Morgan's abilities look to be powerful attacks.
On the surface, they are.
They also have an underlying layer, marking enemies and applying different effects to them or boosting Morgan even further.
Passive - Empowered Blade
Morgan's Empowered Blade is the base that makes up the entirety of her character.
Using her other abilities, Morgan applies marks on her foes.
When she has applied all five marks on enemies, she becomes empowered, doubling her Magical Power and reducing the cooldown of her Ultimate.
- Magical Power: 2 + 0.4 per level for each Symbol
- Empowered Duration: 10 seconds
- Mark Duration: 30 seconds
A magical sword containing a mark that fires at foes dealing direct damage as well as applying a sigil on the ground with secondary effects.
- Mark of Mind: Fearing enemies from the center of the sigil
- Mark of Body: Creating a slowing field
- Mark of Soul: Decoys spawn that attack enemies for four seconds
- Inner Damage: 65/95/125/155/185 (+55% of your magical power)
- Area Damage: 40/55/70/85/100 (+35% of your magical power)
- Fear duration: 1 second
- Slow field duration: 4 seconds
- Slow: 35%
- Cost: 50/55/60/65/70
- Cooldown: 10 seconds
A devastating ability that knocks enemies in front of Morgan up into the air before flying forward to attack in a direct line in front of her.
The attack knocks enemies back, applying the Mark of the Spirit to them.
- Area damage: 50/70/90/110/130 (35% of Morgan's Magical Power)
- Dragon Damage: 75/100/125/150/175 (50% of Morgan's Magical Power)
- Cost: 70/75/80/85/90
- Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
Shroud of Wildfire
A fire spell that powers through minions and stops when it hits an enemy god.
Once it does, it debuffs that god for four seconds, dealing damage the entire time.
If that god tries to use a movement ability, they will combust, taking more damage.
For a while after using Wildfire, Morgan has increased speed and can apply the debuff to other gods using her basic attack.
Damage: 80/110/140/170/200 (+30% of your Magical Power)
- Damage per tick: 5/10/15/20/25 (+5% of your Magical Power)
- Bonus damage: 60/90/120/150/180 (+20% of your Magical Power)
- Movement speed: 16/18/20/22/24%
- Buff Duration: 4 seconds
- Cost: 60
- Cooldown: 13 seconds
Ultimate - Consuming Power
Morgan consumes all marks in a line in front of her, dealing damage to any gods they are applied to and increasing the power of the next three attacks she makes.
These three attacks fire forth like blades of raw power with increased range, dealing damage and healing Morgan.
The more marks consumed using the ability, the wider the blade sent forth will be.
- Mark Damage: 25/40/55/70/85 (+5% of your Magical Power)
- Projectile Damage: 90/130/170/210/250 (+40% of your Magical Power)
- Missing Health Heal: 11/12/13/14/15%
- Duration: 4 seconds
- Cost: 80/85/90/95/100
- Cooldown: 90 seconds
How to Play as Morgan Le Fay: A Guide
While Morgan Le Fay can buff her attacks through her abilities, increasing her mana and decreasing her cooldowns are essential to effective play.
The use of her abilities is key, and players will want to fire them off as much as possible in a match.
With each mark applied lasting only 30 seconds, having a cooldown that allows a player to pop off another ability before marks disappear means that Morgan's basic attacks will continue to operate at full capacity.
A great path to building Morgan's abilities is as follows:
- Sigil Mastery: 4/15/16/18/19
- Dragon Flight: 1/3/6/7/10
- Shroud of Wildfire: 2/8/11/12/14
- Consuming Power: 5/9/13/17/20
Morgan is best suited to the middle lane, though she can solo if played skillfully.
To reiterate, keeping Morgan's abilities in use as much as possible is the key to owning the battlefield.