After giving players the opportunity to play on their own private servers, the latest patch refines the experience with further graphical improvements and gameplay adjustments.
Read More: Is Rust On Or Coming To Xbox Game Pass?
Rust: Update 1.04 Is Now Live On Consoles
The patch addresses bugs and crash issues, by reducing loading times and fixing UI performance involving weapons and when players are in bandit camps.
Update 1.04 also includes implementing performance and graphical enhancements. Those highlighted include reduced planting distance between crops, and sleeping players can now be killed inside safe zones or outside compounds.
The full list of patch notes are:
- Plugging/unplugging headset and microphone will no longer cause Xbox players to crash.
- Fixed multiple UI crashes.
- Fixed multiple crashes that happen when loading the game.
- Fixed a crash that could occur with a flame thrower
- Fixed the Launch Site window exploit. Players will no longer be able to use it in order to access the Launch Site monument.
- Fixed the bug allowing players to build too close to safe zones.
- Fixed the profanity filter from being overly sensitive in blocking a player’s reason for reporting another player.
- Fixed the issue preventing players from planting pumpkins and corn in the planter.
- Fixed the chairs causing some of the players to rubber band.
- Fixed the glitch causing players to go invisible when sitting in the chairs in the Bandit Camp.
- Fixed the “Internet connection not detected, please reconnect to a stable network and try again.” error message.
Quality of life and performance improvements:
- Players can now pick up the work bench when equipped with a hammer.
- Increased planting distance between plants (pumpkins/corn) to be more inline with the PC distances. This will reduce server lag and should improve performance.
- Disable planting near monuments.
- Reduced number of seeds from pumpkins and corn.
- Fix Xbox controllers not being reacquired again after disconnecting.
- Fixed an issue causing the player list to be invisible.
- Sleeping players will now be killed inside safe zones, or directly outside of the compound.
- Fixed the Xbox percentages for achievements.
- Updated Xbox invite system to work properly.
Graphics and UI:
- Fixed the issue causing players to not see the player model once they open the inventory.
- Updated Icons for Bandages, Large Medkit and Medical Syringe. Also updated the material for Bandages to match.