Rogue Company has shot to popularity in recent weeks. The third-person shooter developed by HI-Rez Studios has caught the eyes of many players thanks to its fast, action-packed gameplay.
The August patch for the game is said to be bringing in a wealth of character updates along with the introduction of a brand-new map.
Find all the information you need to know about the upcoming patch right here!
Rogue, Weapon and Equipment Changes
The August update will see Anvil, Gl1tch, Scorch, and Vy receiving changes while two utilities have undergone some alterations. Find all the changes below:
- Anvil – Fixed an issue where Anvil’s barricade would recharge in Demolition.
- Gl1tch – Now has Cloaked instead of Evade.
- Scorch – Reduced ability duration from 15s to 10s.
- Vy – Increased the maximum health gain per tick from Leeching Poison from 1 to 2.
- Flashbang – Radius increased from 7m to 8m.
- Smoke Grenade – Increased the speed at which the smoke appears. Increased radius from 4 to 4.5m.
- The level 3 upgrade on Anvil’s LMG which tightens your spread now has lightly reduced effectiveness.
- The Striker 8X10’s damage fall of range has been slightly increased.
New Map - Vice
Complete with its own laser show, Vice is the latest addition to the map pool. According to Hi-Rez, Vice is an “asymmetrical three-lane map” with plenty of long lines of sight to favour Rogues such as Dallas.
In order to make sure that the new map is balanced, the developers have already made changes to the map in order to make it easier for attackers. During testing, the defensive side held a strong advantage over the opposition, so it will be interesting to see how these changes play out during a game.
Shooting Range & Deserter Penalties
The shooting range is another big addition coming as part of the August update. The range will enable players to jump into a practice area to either master a new Rogue without having to involve the AI.
The final big addition coming to Rogue Company are deserter penalties. Since the release of the game, players leaving games before the end much to the annoyance of players. The deterrent will stop players from joining the matchmaking queue for a set period of time, beginning with 10 minutes for the first offence. Based on the number of penalties up to the fourth strike, players will be locked out of the queue for 24 hours.
Full Patch Notes
New Map: Vice
Overview: The streets of Miami are illuminated and electrifying sounds of nightlife echo through the night. The Zero Drop Rave is the place to be, but a menacing danger looms over the EDM music and laser lights. Rogue Company has been called in to save the party and the day on this new map called Vice.
Vice is just the beginning as we’re also introducing our Deserter system to deter leaving matches, our all new Shooting Range, and more. Scroll down for details!
Mean to select a different Perk? No problem! Players now have the option to use a buyback feature in the Item Shop! It will remain available until you leave the Chimera.
New Gyro control options are now available.
Even elite Rogue’s need practice and what better place to do this than a shooting range? Try various weapons, abilities and rogues to prepare yourself for your next mission.
- Bleedout Rate increased from 9 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Slightly reduced the radius at which enemies influence spawns.
- Slightly increased the radius at which friendlies influence spawns.
Deserter/AFK Penalty System
- In order to provide a more fair experience for players, Update 0.45 will implement a new system to discourage leaving matches early and going AFK. Please note specific penalties could change prior to Beta based on data and feedback.
- To be eligible for a deserter penalty a player must fall within one of the following categories:
- Left Match Early - A player who leaves a full party (not through disconnection)
- AFK - A player who has met our inactivity criteria (hasn’t taken a valid action) for approximately 2 minutes.Disconnected - A player who has disconnected for at least 5 minutes before the match ends.
- Upon meeting one of these criteria a player will be unable to queue for a match for a period of time, based on the number of offences. Players will see a timer denoting how long until they are able to queue again.
- 1st offence = 10 minutes
- 2nd offence = 30 minutes
- 3rd offence = 4 hours
- 4th offence = 24 hours
Vice - This map contains new visual features and is available in Practice Extraction, Strikeout and Demolition.
Icarus - Adjusted spawn locations.
High Castle - Re-propped the top of the stairs.Removed stairs on wizard tower and replaced with a mantle up spot. (We need pictures)
Removed the shelving units from the garage.
Anvil - Fixed an issue where Anvil's barricade would recharge in DemolitionGl1tch - Now has Cloaked instead of EvadeScorch - Reduced ability duration from 15s to 10s.Vy - Increased the maximum health gain per tick from Leeching Poison from 1 to 2.
Flashbang - Radius increased from 7m to 8m.Smoke Grenade - Increased the speed at which smoke appears. Increased radius from 4 to 4.5m.
The level 3 upgrade on Anvil’s LMG which tightens your spread now has lightly reduced effectiveness.The Striker 8X10's damage fall of range has been slightly increased.
Dima, Talon, and Ronin now have additional voice lines.
- C4 that a player attempts to detonate midair will now detonate once it has landed.
- Dropped weapons should now display pick up text
- The “No valid gamemode” should no longer be displayed when logging in
- Fixed a rooftop exploit in Favelas
- Players should no longer receive a Party Size Limit error for gamemodes
- Player names should no longer appear as numbers
- Fixed an issue with the Versus screen which could result in a bad match