The game went free-to-play last year, and has since only grown in popularity. But what comes next?
Here's everything we know about Rocket League Season 4, including the new Western theme, Tournament changes, and mTournament changes, and more.
Read More: Could Rocket League Have Penalties?
Rocket League Season 4 Release Date
Season 4 will finally launch on August 11th – meaning we're just days away.
Rocket League Season 4 Trailer
Expect a new trailer closer to release.
Rocket League Season 4 Rocket Pass & Rewards
As always there will be 100 ranks of rewards in the new season.
These offer customisation options including vehicles, paint jobs, and more, as well as the opportunity to earn credits for the in-game store.
When the details drop add them here so you can see what’s on offer, but we do know a new vehicle called the Outlaw is coming, as well as the No-Name Topper, Tanker Wheels, Amikoo Decal and Lava Boost.
Theme and Features
After Season 3 added Nascar and F1, Season 4 is taking us to the Wild West.
It'll add a new Arena called Deadeye Canyon.
A new audio setting will allow streamers to turn off copyrighted music, too, so they can avoid DMCA violations.
You'll also be able to forfeit Casual matches like Competitive ones, and you'll see changes to party ranking requirements.
Following the start of Season 4, players who queue in Ranked playlists in an undersized party (a party of two players in Competitive 3v3 Standard, or a party of two players joining a 3v3 Standard Tournament) will have to be within three Ranks of each other in order to queue. This is so the third teammate that is found via matchmaking will join a team that is roughly the same Rank as their teammates.
For example, if one party member is Platinum 2 and another is Diamond 3 (a gap of four Ranks), they will not be able to queue in 3v3 standard. However, if one is Platinum 3 and the other is Diamond 3 (a gap of three Ranks), they can queue. Brand new players will only be allowed to queue with players who are Ranked Gold 3 and below when in an undersized party.
Psyonix announced Rocket League Season 4 will introduce 2v2 tournaments for the first time, along with Extra Mode tournaments, and you'll share progress made in 2v2 and 3v3 tournaments.
This season will add 2v2 Heatseeker as the featured LTM on August 12, and a week later on August 19th, we'll get Speed Demon.
Here's what Psyonix has to say about the new mode:
This super-fast LTM combines mutators, the speed of Boomer Ball without the wild bounces, demos on contact, and a fast respawn timer.
Complete new weekly and seasonal challenges to unlock customisation items for free.
Plus, players can get additional challenges with Rocket Pass Premium.
Rocket League Season 4 Rankings
Here are the current ranks in Season 3, although we don't yet know if they'll change:
- Bronze I, II, III
- Silver I, II, III
- Gold I, II, III
- Platinum I, II, III
- Diamond I, II, III
- Champion I, II, III
- Grand champion I, II, III
- Supersonic Legend
Each tier has four divisions, ranging from division I (the lowest) to division IV (the highest). You can go up or down a division within a tier based on how many matches you have won.
Season 3 Rewards
Psyonix has revealed that Rocket League's Season 3 placings will afford players the following rewards:
- Bronze I or higher – Season 3 – Bronze Decal
- Silver I or higher – Season 3 – Silver Decal + lower Decal
- Gold I or higher – Season 3 – Gold Decal + lower Decals
- Platinum I or higher – Season 3 – Platinum Decal + lower Decals
- Diamond I or higher – Season 3 – Diamond Decal + lower Decals
- Champion I or higher – Season 3 – Champion Decal + lower Decals
- Grand Champion I – Season 3 – Grand Champion Decal + lower Decals
- Supersonic Legend – Season 3 – Supersonic Legend Decal + lower Decals
Grand Champion Title Rewards
- Competitive Grand Champion: "S3 GRAND CHAMPION" in Crimson text
- Rumble Grand Champion: "S3 RNG CHAMP" in Crimson text
- Hoops Grand Champion: "S3 DUNK MASTER" in Crimson text
- Snow Day Grand Champion: "S3 BLIZZARD WIZARD" in Crimson text
- Dropshot Grand Champion: "S3 FLOOR DESTROYER" in Crimson text
Supersonic Legend Title Rewards
- Competitive Supersonic Legend: "S3 SUPERSONIC LEGEND" in Titanium White text
- Rumble Supersonic Legend: "S3 RNGENIUS" in Titanium White text
- Hoops Supersonic Legend: "S3 LEGENDARY BALLER" in Titanium White text
- Snow Day Supersonic Legend: "S3 ICE TITAN" in Titanium White text
- Dropshot Supersonic Legend: "S3 TILE ANNIHILATOR" in Titanium White text
Credit balance will also be reset at the end of the season.
Existing Tournament Credits will convert to All-Star Cups. Players who have participated in a Competitive Tournament and have between 0-12,000 Tournament Credits will receive one All-Star Cup.
Players who have more than 12,000 Tournament Credits will receive additional All-Star Cups depending on how many Tournament Credits they have.
- 0-12,000 Tournament Credits — receive 1 All-Star Cup
- 12,001-24,000 Tournament Credits — receive 2 All-Star Cups
- 24,001-36,000 Tournament Credits — receive 3 All-Star Cups