Rockstar Games already pushed out an update this week for all players, introducing a wealth of new content. Chief among the additions was three new varieties of Legendary Ram, new Fossil Collections, more clothing, and so much more.
However, the famed developer has quickly followed this up with a new update that has also been pushed out today (September 16) introducing plenty of improvements to the game.
These tweaks are only for PC players, with no changes to the console version of the game on PS4 or Xbox One.
Read More - GTA Online Weekly Update Guide
Rockstar Support have also done the kind thing and released full patch notes for this update to give players some clarity on precisely what has changed within the game.
For the most part, it appears heavily geared towards fixing several prominent crashes that players have been experiencing. You'll find those full patch notes, listed below:
Red Dead Redemption 2 - 1.23 Patch Notes
[September 16, 2020] – Stability / Improvements (PC)
- Fixed several crashes and stability issues that occurred during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online
- Fixed an ‘ERR_GFX_STATE’ crash that could occur when displays are connected or disabled while the game is running
- Fixed an ‘ERR_GFX_STATE’ crash that sometimes occurred when enabling and disabling HDR on some monitors/displays
- Fixed a crash that could occur when switching between HDR and non-HDR displays in the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the game from launching on some displays with HDR enabled
- Fixed an ‘Unknown Error FFFFFF’ crash that could randomly occur during gameplay in Red Dead Online
- Fixed a crash that could occur when connecting or disconnecting controllers during gameplay
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to become unresponsive when using DirectX 12 and losing window focus through Alt-Tab or other methods
Improvements and Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that failed to apply appropriate auto-detected graphical settings after a new video card is installed
- Fixed an issue that caused graphical corruption to briefly occur when launching the game for the first time after an update
- Fixed an issue that may have caused the active display to change during gameplay or when external devices are plugged in or removed
- Fixed an issue with flickering lighting on the Pause Menu that could occur on some systems using Vulkan and HDR