With the new Blood Money update for Red Dead Online, many players are reporting issues with an infinite loading screen glitch, where the progress bar locks (usually at 50%) and doesn’t progress further than that. We’ve got everything we know about the error here, including infinite loading screen glitch fixes below.
Red Dead Online Infinite Loading Screen Glitch Fixes
To fix the infinite loading screen glitch in Red Dead Online, players have to recognise that this is not an issue with their own console or hardware, and instead appears to be an error either in the code of the game or Rockstar’s servers. Though it appears to be an issue in the wake of the Blood Money update, this error has tended to be more common in the wake of major updates, so it’s either a technical error that’s corrected by later, smaller patches, or a matter of overloaded servers from increased traffic.
How to Fix Infinite Loading Screens
If you’re getting the infinite loading screen glitch, it’s very likely not an issue with your tech set-up or console, and more likely to be problems with the server or something outside of your control. Consequently, your best chance to “fix” this is to shut down the game and simply try again. However, if repeated tries don’t work, here are some other suggestions for how to handle it:
- Try joining a friend or recent player rather than simply entering Free Roam.
- Try joining a different kind of multiplayer experience such as a Race or Shootout.
- Ensure that your internet connection is working.
- If you’re playing on PC, try turning off Vsync and running the game as an Administrator. Some players have reported success through this method.
- Otherwise, if continuous attempts still fail, try waiting and logging on at a different time or day to make sure it’s not a server issue.
- Otherwise, as a final resort, try reinstalling the game on your console or computer.