The very first boss fight you’ll experience as part of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart and its tutorial, the Goon Dropship is a Goons-4-Hire craft that flies around and takes pot shots at you, even while regular goons try and flank you from the sides. We’ll show you how to beat the Goon Dropship boss fight here, including the rematch at Blizar Prime’s Blizon Mines later on.
Read More: Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart Review
How to Beat the Goon Dropship Boss Fight in Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart
Your options to beat the Goon Dropship boss fight at the beginning of Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart aren’t many, as having only the starting Burst Pistol and wrench means you can basically only do one kind of attack. However, there are some things to keep in mind as you fight it.
Tips and Strategy
- The Dropship is basically an agile turret that circles the battlefield you’re on, while Goons appear to attack you as well.
- The Dropship’s attacks are usually lines of energy. You can outrun them if you keep to a straight line, or use a double jump to go straight over them.
- Ammo crates are dotted around; green boxes with steel frames. You can find them in the corners; just smash them if you need a refill for your pistol.
- Keep shooting! You can hold R2 halfway for a smaller precision blast, but it’s better just unleash everything you have.
- The Dropship’s turret takes slightly more damage than the rest of it. Target that for extra damage.
- If a Goon gets close, use the wrench to knock them away quickly.
With all this in mind, it shouldn’t take long for you to beat your first boss! Of course, the Goon Dropship will be back for a proper fight later…
Blizar Prime Drill Dropship Boss Fight
This fight takes place around the main drill on Blizar Prime, with Goons swarming in while the Dropship fires from a distance. Only now the Goons are more goonish than ever, with bigger guns and tech, and the Dropship has a better gun to work with. The above advice still applies, but you can also remember the following:
- Use your new weapons to your advantage. The Negaton Collider does huge damage in a straight line, while the Lightning Rod can freeze the ship’s attacks.
- Goons will try and swarm you from the sides. A Topiary Sprinkler by your feet can keep them from getting too close, or a Mr. Fungi to hold their attention.
- Despite the urgency of shutting down the drill, there doesn’t seem to be an actual timer, or at least not a short one. Don’t feel the need to rush your strategy.
- The better cannon on the Dropship means avoiding the attacks are more important. Vault them when you can so you can keep shooting, or use the Phantom Dodge to go straight through them.