Rainbow Six Siege will be getting a new update to consoles and PC taking it to version 4.3.
PC has already received this update and they are testing the first release of Vulkan.
Be sure to watch our wide variety of PS5 news here!
When Will The Update Go Live?
Patch 4.3 goes live on the 29th January 2020.
PS4: 2:00pm GMT / 9:00am EST / 2:00pm UTC
XB1: 3:00pm GMT / 10:00 EST / 3:00pm UTC
Downtime should last 20 minutes.
Patch Notes Overview
For those without the time to read the patch notes, you can find a summary of what has been changed here:
- Vulkan APO now available on PC
- ADS time increased for all weapons
- FMG9 damage increased
- Operator fixes
- Level design fixes
- UI improvements and fixes
- Fixed hotbreach issue with attackers
- Fixed Legion crashing issue
- Blackbeard adjusted
- Echo adjusted
- Ela adjusted
- Finka adjusted
- Jager adjusted
- Maestro adjusted
- Ying adjusted
Full Patch Notes
The Vulkan API available to test on PC, for further details on what it is and how to activate it, check out our Vulkan blog.
- ADS time increased for all weapons.
- Assault rifles: from 0.30s to 0.40s
- DMRs: from 0.30s up to 0.40s
- SMGs: from 0.20s up to 0.30s
- LMGs: from 0.40s up to 0.45s
- Pistol: 0.10s up to 0.20s
- SMG in secondary slots: 0.10s up to 0.275s*
- Shotguns: 0.20s up to 0.25s
- ADS penalization will only apply when Blackbeard’s Gun Shield is equipped.
- Weapons without the Gun Shield will maintain the same ADS timings as any other AR.
- Weapons with the Gun Shield will retain the same ADS timings from before.
- The Angled Grip will affect the SCAR with and without the Gun Shield equipped.
- Echo can now be called by Dokkaebi.
- Echo now drops a phone when killed with Dokkaebi present.
- When hacked, access to the Yokai cameras is also granted for Attackers.
- Yokai now has lights that show only when NOT cloaked, and Yokai drone lights will change to reflect it is hacked.
- Reduced recoil on Scorpion Evo3 for the first 16 shots, any proceeding shots will retain previous recoil pattern.
- Increased Finka’s Spear .308 damage to 42 (up from 38).
- Reduced Jäger’s 416-C damage to 38 (down from 43).
- ACOG removed from Maestro’s ALDA.
- Candela’s now have a new outline that is visible only to Ying.
- Improved distribution of Cluster Flashes to make the flash more reliable.
- Number of pellets per Candela increased to 7 (up from 6) - (1 at floor level, 3 at around hip level and 3 at head level).
- Pellets detonation time reduced to 0.3s (from 1s on throw and 2.5s on deploy).
- Pellets that bounce on environmental props maintain their velocity instead of falling and detonating on the floor.
- Candela explosion minor VFX improvements.
- Increased FMG9 damage to 34 (up from 30) for Nokk and Smoke.
Gameplay Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Attackers can sometimes go through barricaded windows while attempting to hotbreach without detonating the breaching charge.
- FIXED – Crashing if Lesion is pushed back by an airjab while trying to pull out a GU mine at the same time.
Operators Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Jackal can’t scan footsteps while within the warning area of a Mute jammer. He can now scan footsteps while in the warning area - making it more in alignment with all other Operator gadgets and abilities that can be used while still in the warning area of a jammer.
- FIXED - A rolling Candela that stops on a staircase will slide downstairs before detonating. Candelas will now stop and stay in place where they activated, even on stairs or uneven surfaces.
- FIXED – Glaz’s Holographic Sight has a larger and thicker red reticle than other Russian Holographic Sights.FIXED –
- FIXED – After being affected by Thatcher’s EMP, Yokai’s blue lights remain dark even when being operated.
- FIXED – Castle’s Nail Gun remains present and clips while deploying his Armor Panels.
Level Design Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Invisible collision at the skylight of EXT Roof Top of Kafe for sticky deployable gadgets.
- FIXED – Wall studs are not destroyed when a reinforced wall is first broken by Maverick and then shot by Zofia's impact grenade.
User Experience Bug Fixes
- FIXED – Thunt matches count towards the “Match Win Streak” Battle Pass Challenge.
- FIXED – Battle Pass progression does not update properly on end-match screen, but shows correct progression in the main BP HUD.
- FIXED – Various minor HUD and menu visual issues.
- FIXED – Various minor shop and cosmetic visual issues.
- FIXED – If a player mutes a teammate, they can still hear muted teammates after switching sides, even though the HUD indicates they are muted.
- FIXED - In Caster or support mode, Nomad’s warheads pops in her hand while switching/reloading.
- FIXED – Bandit’s shockwire gadget appears offset when he holds it in his hands.
- FIXED – Incorrect animation for Ballistic Shield ops when being pushed back.
- FIXED – Zofia’s KS79 Lifeline grenade launcher's ammo faces the wrong side.
- FIXED – Swapping weapons while vaulting will cause the operators arm to appear broken from a 3rd person POV.
- FIXED – Weapons don’t sway back and forth while in rappel and moving L/R.
- FIXED – Operators can appear to be floating over a shield from 3rd person POV if they vault over a shield twice.
- FIXED – MMR for Road to S.I. 2020 playlist: We discovered the MMR used to matchmake was incorrect. Matches should be more balanced now upon the playlist’s reactivation this weekend.
Written ByChris Trout@TheTrout91