Rainbow Six: Siege is about to get another season of content with Operation North Star.
Not only will it add a new defender, Thunderbird, but players can also look forward to an entirely revamped Favela map and a few new quality-of-life improvements.
The patch drops today - here's all we know.
Rainbow Six Siege North Star Server Downtime
The patch will be deployed at different times on different platforms, but there's expected to be one hour on each.
Check out the down times below:
- Steam: 09:00 ET / 13:00 UTC
- Ubisoft Connect: 09:00 ET / 13:00 UTC
- Xbox: 10:00 ET / 14:00 UTC
- PlayStation: 11:00 ET / 15:00 UTC
Rainbow Six Siege North Star Patch Size
Depending on your console or launcher, you may be in for a lengthy download.
- Steam: 4GB
- Ubisoft Connect: 6GB
- Xbox One: 4GB
- Xbox Series X: 5 GB
- PlayStation 4: 4GB
- PlayStation 5: 4GB
Rainbow Six Siege North Star Patch Notes
- FIXED – Desync between reload animation and inventory ammo for some weapons.
- FIXED – Small props and debris on floor can block fire propagation.
- FIXED – Fire propagates under half-wall in 1F Waiting Room on Border map.
- FIXED – PC players cannot rotate their selected weapon if they are in the middle of prepping a device to be deployed.
- FIXED – Pause timer for Local Custom Games has a maximum time of 10 minutes.
- FIXED – Nitro Cell deals only 80 damage in PVE.
- FIXED – Pulse's Cardiac Sensor doesn't detect opponents at a particular angle.
- FIXED – If host leaves a Local Custom Game, the Pause/Resume feature is not immediately transferred to the new host.
- FIXED – Players who leave a Ranked or Unranked match may cause infinite loading and be unable to rejoin.
- FIXED – Player card has no icon or cause of death when an Operator is eliminated by Gridlock's Trax Stingers.
- FIXED – Death replay icon is present when a player is bleeding out.
- FIXED – When an Operator is pinged with red pings before they are eliminated, the pings do not appear in death replay.
- FIXED – AOE deployment effect of multiple devices is not seen during death sequence.
- FIXED – Allied outlines don't appear during death sequence.
- FIXED - Players can't see through bullet holes made in barricades.
- FIXED – In Hostage, EOR displays player point of view if round times out or ends with no eliminations.
- FIXED – Reinforcement animation ends before progress bar completes.
- FIXED – On the last elimination, the player card appears for a fraction of a second before EOR.
- FIXED – Defuser cannot be picked up after defusing 1 bomb in PVE.
- FIXED – Scope reflection lens appears stretched on Favela map.
- FIXED – Sound is muffled when player hits the opaque side of Mira's Black Mirror.
- FIXED – If Warden walks over the same hatch a Defender is reinforcing, the reinforcement animation is canceled.
- FIXED – If Operator is healed by Doc's Stim Pistol while affected by Lesion's GU, it removes the effect of the GU.
- FIXED – Operator is sometimes missing parts of torso or head during death replay if they eliminated themselves with explosives.
- FIXED – Multiple LOD issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Various defuser planting and retrieval issues in specific areas on maps.
- FIXED - Exploitable gaps in various map areas.
- FIXED – Multiple clipping, collision, destruction, and asset issues on various maps.
- FIXED – Multiple lighting issues on various maps.
- FIXED – While sprinting, Operators are unable to vault over 1F Tellers counter on Bank map.
- FIXED – Collision issues with windows between 1F Tellers and 1F Waiting Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Bulletproof camera's view is obscured when deployed on a server in 1F Server Room on Border map.
- FIXED – Players can glitch through the van in B Garage on Consulate map.
- FIXED – A pixel peak is present between 2F Mezzanine Stairs railing and east wall on Favela map.
- FIXED – Incorrect compass location is displayed at southeast end of EXT Back Alley on Favela map.
- FIXED – LOD issue on wood planks around wall that's east of EXT Football Field on Favela map.
- FIXED – Operators can get stuck between the wooden beams and car battery on Favela map.
- FIXED – Operators can get stuck between the plant pot and trash bin on Favela map.
- FIXED – Invisible collision on small cement stairs at EXT Street on Favela map.
- FIXED – Uncomfortable transition between EXT Tunnel and EXT Football Field on Favela map.
- FIXED – Players clip through floor of 1F Laundry when exiting rappel near the pink wall at EXT Courtyard on Favela map.
- FIXED – Ceiling fan above mattress in 1F Blue Bedroom can block Operator movement on Favela map.
- FIXED – Player movement is hindered when approaching the ramp near EXT Market Roof spawn point on Favela map.
- FIXED – Floors covered by fallen doors on Favela map are difficult to destroy with melee attacks and Maverick's Breaching Torch.
- FIXED – No destruction VFX after destroying empty trash bags on Favela map.
- FIXED – Insufficient light inside the cabinet in 2F Main Corridor on Kafe map.
- FIXED – LOS can be created by shooting through the foam ceiling on Kanal map.
- FIXED – LOS can be created by shooting through the foam ceiling on Oregon map.
- FIXED – Operator's legs clip the wall when they go prone between the wall and sign at EXT Picnic Area on Outback map.
- FIXED – Attacker drones will lose functionality after going under the tables at 1F Restaurant on Tower map.
- FIXED – Northwest corner of EXT Veranda is darker than the rest of the balcony on Villa map.
- FIXED – Lighting is missing in areas around EXT Front Entrance and EXT Greenhouse on Villa map.
- FIXED – Multiple scoring issues for various Operators.
- FIXED – Multiple device issues for various Operators.
- FIXED – Multiple minor animation issues.
- FIXED – Highlight around Alibi's Prisma is missing.
- FIXED – Aruni's Surya Gate deployment scoring is not capped at 3.
- FIXED – Defenders' phones appear invisible in Support Mode while players are resetting them after Dokkaebi's Logic Bomb.
- FIXED – Echo's Yokai is briefly seen after being destroyed if the player presses the space bar at the same time that it's destroyed.
- FIXED – Echo's MP5SD has a muzzle flash even though it's suppressed.
- FIXED – Finka's boost does not provide ADS speed increase for Blitz and Montagne.
- FIXED – Flores does not take damage from his RCE-Ratero Charge if he uses another one at the same time as the explosion.
- FIXED – Hibana's first person view is offset when she rappels upside down, making X-Kairos pellets bounce off the wall.
- FIXED – Controller rumble issues for Jackal's Eyenox Model III.
- FIXED – Maverick's melee animation breaks when the Breaching Torch is equipped.
- FIXED – Melusi's hands are missing from her deployment animation.
- FIXED – Collision issues between Melusi's Banshee Sonic Defense and sticky devices.
- FIXED – No feedback text when Oryx's Remah Dash is unavailable.
- FIXED – Smoke's Remote Gas Grenade does not propagate properly on some floors and ceilings on Oregon, Club House, Coastline, Theme Park, and Outback maps.
- FIXED – Missing bonus score for Tachanka's Shumikha Launcher incendiary grenade kills.
- FIXED – Tachanka's hands clip through DP27 in loadout preview and fullscreen view in the Operators section.
- FIXED – On PC, the PS5 controller is not functional with the new input system.
- FIXED – Microphone icon inside the scoreboard may be missing.
- FIXED – Multiple UI and Options menu issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Multiple audio, SFX, and, VFX issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Multiple localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Enabling RAW input randomly affects mouse movement.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic and shop issues.
- FIXED – Various Match Replay issues.
- FIXED – NVidia Reflex Latency Indicator is triggered by any shot in the gameplay session.
- FIXED – Voice and text options for blocked players are not disabled in scoreboard.
- FIXED – Player cards still appear in Support Mode when Interface Preset is set to Cinematic.
- FIXED – Players using controllers cannot navigate scoreboard during Post-Action Report.
- FIXED – When Render Scaling is set to 100, the display is too zoomed-in.
- FIXED – Observation Tools camera view is distorted in match replays when user rewinds.
- FIXED – Bodies of eliminated Operators are misplaced in match replays when user rewinds.
- FIXED – Custom Game playlists disappear after player reboots the game.
- FIXED – Text for W/L and K/D ratios overlaps in some languages.
- FIXED – Buck's default uniform clips through Isolation headgear.
- FIXED – Hibana's player card appears inside of opponent's player card.
- FIXED – Unable to invite players to a Squad after leaving a Custom Game lobby.
- FIXED – The crosshair is missing for several devices.
- FIXED – If player exits Maestro's Evil Eye while shooting the turret, smoke and electricity VFX will remain on screen.
- FIXED – When spectating an Operator with a launcher, weapon info is replaced with launcher info in Caster HUD.
- FIXED – Hibana's player card is missing X-Kairos icon.
- FIXED – HP number turns white when an overhealed Operator enters and exits Observation Tools.
- FIXED – Mozzie's drone counter displays 96 captured drones when an Attacker drone is destroyed.
- FIXED – Thunderbird's name is close to the edge of her player card.
- FIXED – Players were unable to redeem the 6th pick on some rounds during the SI.
- FIXED – Texture Quality option text isn't positioned correctly.
- FIXED – When a player leaves during Post-Action Report, their stats disappear from scoreboard.
- FIXED – All players appear eliminated if scoreboard is opened during transition from Planning Phase to loading screen.
- FIXED – The crosshair is missing for several devices.
- FIXED – Active screen area is not properly scaled with widescreen letterbox enabled.
- FIXED – When a player selects another player in the scoreboard, the reporting function doesn't appear.
- FIXED – Game remains in infinite loading state after cinematic for Cold Zero situation.
- FIXED – Various localization issues throughout the game.
- FIXED – Timer for Thunderbird's Kona Station disappears if the Show Objective Indicator option is set to OFF.
- FIXED – Flash hider and compensator have outdated descriptions.
- FIXED – Players may lose functionality on multiples tabs if Synchronizing Data is encountered in AAR.
- FIXED – Players will crouch if they leave the drone POV with Observation Tool input.
- FIXED – Overlap issue observed between the PS4/PS5's Options icon and the Settings logo.