Wondering how to change your name in Rainbow Six Siege? Maybe PooterShooter69 seemed like a good idea when you first started, or maybe you're just ready for something new after having the same name since 2015. Whatever the case, you have options.
Changing a name is important, and Ubisoft lets you do it on all platforms Rainbow Six Siege is available on.
How to Change Your Name in Rainbow Six Siege
How to change your name in Rainbow Six Siege on PC
This is a slightly lengthy method, but here are the steps.
- Log in to your Ubisoft account on Uplay application
- Find your profile with your name, and click on it
- Click on the "edit profile" option to edit your profile.
- Ubisoft may ask you to log in to your account again on grounds of your account safety.
- After gaining access to Ubisoft’s official website again click on your profile image icon to the top right of the screen.
- Click on "account management" followed by the "account information" box.
- Click on the pencil icon on the right side of your present Ubisoft username.
- Once you've done everything mentioned above, enter your desired username.
Just make sure of a couple of things while entering your new name. The username should be a minimum of 3 characters and a maximum of 15 characters long. The username must start with a letter. Thirdly, use only underscore, dash, and period punctuations along with letters and numbers. Don’t use offensive names, and, obviously, your name should be unique and different from others. Finally, you can change your name only once every 30 days.
How to Change Your Name in Rainbow Six Siege on PlayStation
You can't really change your Rainbow Six Siege name on the PlayStation. You need to change your entire PSN id.
Although not many people opt for this option, it may be mandatory in certain cases. So here's how you do it.
- Go to settings.
- Choose "Account Management"
- Go to "Account Information"
- Go to the "profile" option and then go to the "online ID"
- Accept the terms of PSN and then choose continue (You may read the terms if you want complete information)
- Choose continue.
- Enter your new online ID i.e. new name.
- Press confirm and your name will change.
The first name change is free. The next name change that you want to do will cost you $4.99 if you're a PlayStation Plus subscriber, or $9.99 if you're a regular user.
How to Change Your Name in Rainbow Six Siege on Xbox
Just like your PSN id, you will have to change your entire Xbox gamer tag itself. Here's how you do it.
- Go to your profile located on the top left of the screen where your username is given.
- Then go to "my profile" and press "A"
- Go to the "customize profile" option.
- Press "A" to change your name.
- Then type down your desired username/gamer tag and confirm it by clicking on yes to change the name.
Unlike the PSN name change, Xbox gamertag changes won't cost you.
Read more: Rainbow Six Siege Y6S4 High Calibre: Release Date, Thorn Operator Details, and More