Here's what you need to know about the next season of the Battle League in Pokemon GO.
When Will Pokemon GO Battle League Season 3 Start?
The new season of the Pokemon GO Battle League will begin on Monday 6th May 2020 at 1pm PST or 9pm BST.
The third season has yet to be given an official schedule, but we can assume it will run fairly similar to the previous season.
Here is the what the schedule could look like if it is the same as Season 2:
- The Great League will run from Monday, July 6th, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, July 31, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Ultra League will run from Tuesday, July 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, July 21, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- The Master League will run from Tuesday, July 21, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- GO Battle League Cup—the Premier Cup—will run concurrently with the Master League! Like the Master League, the Premier Cup won’t have a limit on Combat Power.
- All three leagues and the Premier Cup will be available from Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Tuesday, August 11, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Season 3 will begin Monday, July 6, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
Niantic is usually very receptive to player feedback and may change this based on Season 1.
What's Changed In Season 3?
As it stands, we only have a start date for Season 3 - news of the next season will come closer to the start of the new season.
At this point in time, the rewards are currently unknown.
However, we expect them to follow a similar to the Season 2 rewards.
Trainers who finish Season 2 at rank 7 or higher will receive an Elite Fast TM rather than an Elite Charged TM. Other than that, end-of-season rewards stayed the same as in Season 1.
In Season 1, players could encounter legendary Pokemon such as Darkrai, Altered Forme Giratina, and Thundurus, as well as win avatar items and a pose.
If you reached Rank 10, you could encounter Pikachu Libre.