Pokemon GO is approaching its 4 year anniversary and of course, they're planning to celebrate it in style.
Fans can also expect new rewards and challenges to complete that will help work towards what Pokemon GO Fest 2020 has to offer.
So what can trainers expect from this three-week celebration?
Dates And Times
The four-year anniversary event will take place in the first week, with the GO Fest challenges taking place over three weeks, the dates and times are as follows:
- Week 1 - Friday, July 3, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Week 2 - Friday, July 10, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 15, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
- Week 3 - Friday, July 17, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 22, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time
The first Pokémon GO Fest weekly challenge will coincide with Pokémon GO’s fourth-anniversary celebration.
This first weekly challenge will focus on catching Pokémon.
Pokémon will be appearing in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids—notably Flying Pikachu! If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Flying Pikachu!
The event is completely free and will not require a ticket to participate.
GO Fest Weekly Challenges
- Complete all three sets of tasks in the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Skill Timed Research to earn an encounter with Ducklett, an encounter with Flying Pikachu, a Star Piece, and more!
- If the following numbers of Trainers from the same team complete this Timed Research, the corresponding Pokémon will appear during Pokémon GO Fest 2020.
- One million Team Instinct Trainers: Chimecho
- One million Team Mystic Trainers: Alomomola
- One million Team Valor Trainers: Chansey
- If you complete the GO Fest Weekly Challenge: Skill Timed Research, you’ll earn access to the GO Fest Elite Skill Challenge, a set of difficult tasks that you can complete to earn personal bragging rights! You don’t need to
- complete these tasks for your Timed Research to count toward the Pokémon GO Fest 2020 unlock goals.
Fourth-anniversary event features
- Flying-type Pokémon and Pokémon wearing party hats will be appearing in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids. If you’re lucky, you might find a Shiny Pidove!
- Ducklett will be making its Pokémon GO debut! It’ll be appearing in the wild and hatching from 5 km Eggs.
- Flying Pikachu will be appearing in the wild and in raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- The Jump-Start Special Research will also be available this week for any Trainers who missed out on it during last year’s anniversary celebration, so be sure to open the app during this period to claim it. This Special Research is designed to help you catch up with other Trainers, with a ton of Stardust and XP rewards, as well as some exciting Pokémon encounters.
- Be sure to take a snapshot during this event for a surprise.
Ho-Oh Special Raid Weekend
You can challenge it in five-star raids from Friday, July 3, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, July 6, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time.