The New Pokémon Snap has arrived, and there’s numerous legendary Pokémon hidden in there, including Lugia itself, the spirit of the deep ocean. It’s not easily found though, so we’ve laid out Lugia’s location and how to solve the puzzle keeping it hidden away in our step-by-step guide below.
Read More: All Pokémon and Locations in New Pokémon Snap
Lugia’s Location in New Pokémon Snap
To find Lugia’s location in the New Pokémon Snap, players will have to complete the main campaign and head to the Seafloor in order to complete a complex puzzle based around interacting with the local Pokémon wildlife. We’ll explain how to solve the puzzle below.
Lugia Puzzle Guide and Solution
- To find Lugia, you need to solve a puzzle by completing the following steps:
- Head to Undersea at Research Level 3.
- Right at the beginning, take the alternate path to the left broken up by the Clawitzer.
- As you head down deeper, hit the Lanturn you see with an Illumina Orb.
- Once the Wailord swims up past you, you’ll see the Lanturn being held in place by two bullying Frillish.
- Hit the Lanturn with an Orb again to help it get free.
- When you reach the bottom of the sea, use the Scan function to find another alternate path that Lanturn swims down, essentially leading you to Lugia.
- The tunnel will open up into a huge cave with Lugia sleeping on the right!
How to Get Four Star-Rated Lugia Pictures
Lugia is sleeping peacefully when you get to it, so it’s not easy to prompt four-star pictures. However, there is a method.
Lugia has a Crystabloom flower in front of its face, and another on the far ridge behind it, just above its back. It’s not easily seen and even harder to hit with an Illumina Orb, but you have to hit both of them to wake it up, as well as Lugia itself. Once it rears up from sleep in Illumina form, start taking photos! That gap between being asleep and beginning to swim is your chance to get a four-star photo.
Lugia’s a hell of a prize, but there’s plenty more hidden secrets out in Pokémon Snap! Find out how to find Mew here, or check out how to get four-star photos here!