Pokemon GO is entering an exciting time as Kalo region Pokemon start to pop up in the wild for the first time.
Not only that, but the recent GO Beyond update will allow trainers to progress past level 40; going up to level 50.
Niantic is now introducing a new long term celebration called 'Season of Celebrations'.
This multi-month season will celebrate different Pokemon and unite Trainers around the world.
Here's what we know about Pokemon GO's Season of Celebrations.
New Pokemon Spawns - 1st December
Deerling’s summer and winter forms have been encountered in the Southern and Northern hemisphere’s respectively
There are also reports that Heatmor and Durant may have swapped regions.
The Season of Celebrations begins Tuesday, December 1, 2020, at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, March 1, 2021, at 8:00 a.m. local time!
What Is Season of Celebrations?
As the world outside rotates through winter, spring, summer, and autumn, the world of Pokémon GO will change with the seasons.
This Pokemon GO season is the first 'Season' for the game and will focus on specific Pokemon and events to coincide with it.
Features, Bonuses And Rewards
- During this Season, you can expect to participate in a series of in-game events celebrating different regions of the Pokémon world, including Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos!
- During this Season, Trainers can expect to see different Pokémon in the wild more often! In addition, you can expect to see different Pokémon appearing in the wild depending on which hemisphere you’re in.
- Different Pokémon will be hatching from Eggs! Growlithe and Wingull will be hatching from 2 km Eggs, and Baltoy and Ducklett will be hatching from 5 km Eggs. Shinx will be hatching from the 5 km Eggs you receive from Adventure Sync rewards instead of Ducklett. Seel, Aron, and Elgyem will no longer be hatching from Eggs
- Pokémon appearing more often in the northern hemisphere this Season include Alolan Sandshrew, Alolan Vulpix, Seel, Lapras, Teddiursa, Winter Form Deerling, and more!
- Pokémon appearing more often in the southern hemisphere this Season include Growlithe, Shuckle, Electrike, Burmy, Darumaka, Summer Form Deerling, and more!
- Mega Charizard X, Mega Gengar, and Mega Abomasnow will be the only Pokémon appearing in Mega Raids throughout December! Different Mega-Evolved Pokémon will be appearing in Mega Raids in the new year, so keep a lookout!
- Mega Charizard X will be more powerful during the first half of December! Other Mega-Evolved Pokémon may become more powerful at different times throughout the Season of Celebration, so stay tuned for updates.
During this Season, Trainers will be able to participate in a series of in-game events featuring Pokémon first discovered in different regions.
Whether you’re a fan of Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova, or Kalos, Pokémon originally discovered in each of these regions will be appearing as Professor Willow looks to discover and celebrate their rich histories.
At the end of the Season of Celebration, Niantic will be introducing a brand-new global event experience.
Even more fun winter and holiday-themed events will be arriving throughout the season.
December Community Day
As we say goodbye to 2020, let’s take a look back on the Community Days we shared together. This year, our final Community Day event will be held on Saturday, December 12, and Sunday, December 13, 2020.
Throughout the event, Pokémon featured in Community Day events throughout 2019 and 2020 will be appearing more frequently in the wild and in raids, so this event will be a great time for you to catch Pokémon featured in any Community Day events you may have missed! Stay tuned for more details soon!
GO Battle League Season 6
Starting with Season 6, the GO Battle League will expand from 10 to 24 ranks, and the top four ranks will have all-new names and corresponding badges.
The expanded ranks will be accompanied by a totally new reward structure, which gives you more opportunities to earn exclusive rewards through ranking up.
You can expect the GO Battle League rewards to be tied to the theme of the current season, too! Season 6 begins Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Learn more here.
Kalos Celebration Event
From Wednesday, December 2, 2020, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, December 8, 2020, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Pokémon originally discovered in the Kalos region will be appearing in the wild, hatching from Eggs, and appearing in raids for the first time!
You can also look forward to exclusive Field Research and Timed Research during this event. Stay tuned for more details soon!