Following the Luminous Legends X event, which featured Xerneas, Yveltal will appear in five-star raids, which is the standard for Legendaries in Pokemon GO. Luminous Legends Y will begin on May 18 at 10 am local time and it will end on May 31 at 8 pm local time.
Pokemon GO players will have those two weeks to defeat and catch Yveltal. The Kalos Legendary is a dual-type Dark and Flying Pokemon, which can narrow down some good counter picks. Like Xerneas, Yveltal will also have a high Raid CP and will need around 5 or more players to safely defeat.
The best counters for the Yveltal raid in Pokemon GO
As a dual-type Dark and Flying Pokemon, Yveltal has four good counter types to choose from, but none of them are Super Effective. The four weaknesses that Yveltal has are Fairy, Ice, Electric, and Rock-type. They each will dish out the same amount of additional damage.
- Zekrom - Charge Beam (Fast Attack) + Wild Charge (Charge Attack)
- Mamoswine - Powder Snow (Fast Attack) + Avalanche (Charge Attack)
- Therian Thundurus - Volt Switch (Fast Attack) + Thunderbolt (Charge Attack)
- Mega Abomasnow - Powder Snow (Fast Attack) + Weather Ball (Charge Attack)
- Rhyperior - Smack Down (Fast Attack) + Rock Wrecker (Charge Attack)
- Mega Manectric - Charge Beam (Fast Attack) + Wild Charge (Charge Attack)
- Rampardos - Smack Down (Fast Attack) + Rock Slide (Charge Attack)
- Electivire - Thunder Shock (Fast Attack) + Wild Charge (Charge Attack)
Other options with the same typing are also viable if Pokemon GO players don't have some of the best picks. The only difference will be in pure stats like damage and health.
Once Yveltal is defeated, players will be rewarded with a number of Premier Balls based on their performance, or if friends were in the group. Throwing curve balls, getting at least a great throw, and using berries are the keys to catching Yveltal or any other Legendary in Pokemon GO.