October has been outlined for Pokémon GO and Mega Absol is one new addition that players can look forward to. Considering the spooky theme for the month in-game, Mega Absol was a great pick to add to the raid boss rotation.
Considering Mega Absol is a new addition to Pokémon GO during the Season of Mischief, there's a possibility for tweaks in the meta after the release of Mega Absol on October 22. Trainers will have until November 5, to take down the Disaster Pokémon along with Darkrai, who will also appear in raids at that time.
While tweaks in the meta may happen, trainers typically have the best picks sorted out well in advance, and the situation is no different here. Below will be a list of the best counters for Mega Absol, including optimal and economic options.
The Best Pokémon GO Counters For Mega Absol Raids
The CP may be high on Mega Absol, but the single Dark-type that the Pokémon has will make the fight far more straightforward. In general, the best counter types will be Fighting, Fairy, and Bug-type Pokémon.
- Shadow Machamp - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
- Conkeldurr - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
- Mega Beedrill - Bug Bite (Fast Attack) + X-Scissor (Charge Attack)
- Togekiss - Charm (Fast Attack) + Dazzling Gleam (Charge Attack)
- Granbull - Charm (Fast Attack) + Play Rough (Charge Attack)
- Lucario - Counter (Fast Attack) + Aura Sphere (Charge Attack)
- Hariyama - Counter (Fast Attack) + Dynamic Punch (Charge Attack)
- Heracross - Counter (Fast Attack) + Megahorn (Charge Attack)
When the battle is won, trainers will be rewarded with a number of Premier Balls based on performance and friends in the raid. Make sure to use berries and effective curveball throws to have the best shot at catching the Absol.
Best Mega Absol Moveset In Pokémon GO
Considering Mega Absol isn't released in Pokémon GO yet, there may be some moves that we don't know about. For that reason, it's hard to give a definitive moveset guide for the time being. But one thing is for sure, and the same moves that Absol has will be available.
In that case, players should plan for Snarl as a Fast attack and Payback as a Charge Attack. Dark Pulse is a great secondary option for a Charge Attack on Absol as well. These attacks are great to plan around, but if the Mega version releases with new moves, the meta could change.