With Pokemon GO being out for so many years, Jump Start research quests were added to the game in order to assist players on their Pokemon journey. There are a lot of research quests to sift through, and the Jump Start will be a helping hand.
In the past, Jump Start research has typically been released around the same time as Pokemon GO Fest. The Jump Start research line debuted in the summer of 2019 and returned in 2020. As expected, the Jump Start research line has returned again during the 5th Anniversary event and it will run until July 15.
Players that pick up the Jump Start research in Pokemon GO will have unlimited time to complete it, even after July 15. However, the quests can only be completed once. That means players who completed the research tasks in 1019 or 2020 will not be able to pick up the research again.
Pokemon GO Jump Start Research purpose, tasks, and rewards
There are six steps in the Jump Start research that are all designed to help players learn the ins and outs of Pokemon GO. The steps have players complete tasks like adding friends, battling, hatching eggs, and so on. In the process, players will learn and earn rewards.
Jump Start Research 1/6
- Make a new friend: 5,000 XP
- Catch 3 Pokemon with Weather Boost: 5,000 XP
- Hatch an Egg: 5,000 XP
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, Dratini Encounter
Jump Start Research 2/6
- Earn a Candy walking with your buddy: 30 Dratini Candy
- Take a snapshot of Dratini: 30 Dratini Candy
- Evolve a Dratini: 10,000 XP
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, 1 Premium Raid Pass
Jump Start Research 3/6
- Power up Pokemon 10 times: 15,000 XP
- Battle another Trainer in the Great League: 15,000 XP
- Battle in a Raid: 15,000 XP
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, 2 Star Pieces
Jump Start Research 4/6
- Catch 5 different species of Pokemon: Chimchar Encounter
- Catch a Legendary from either a Research Breakthrough or Raid: Piplup Encounter
- Hatch 3 Eggs: Turtwig Encounter
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, Shiny Eevee Encounter
Jump Start Research 5/6
- Take a snapshot of Eevee: 30,000 XP
- Send 5 gifts to friends: 30,000 XP
- Trade 3 Pokemon: 30,000 XP
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 30,000 Stardust, Lapras Encounter
Jump Start Research 6/6
- Make a new friend: 60 Dratini Candy
- Win a level 3 or higher Raid: 60 Dratini Candy
- Evolve a Dragonair: 100,000 XP
Rewards: 2 Lucky Eggs, 15,000 Stardust, 100,000 XP
It may take a while for new players to grind through the Jump Start research in Pokemon GO, but with some time and patience, there are plenty of rewards to collect and utilize in game.