If you’re a regular player of AR mobile monster catching simulator Pokémon GO, research breakthroughs are a part and parcel of your daily routine. However, with the rewards for your weekly research breakthroughs changing every month, it can be a little confusing, even if you’re a seasoned player. And it's getting even more confusing now that Hoopa is meddling in Pokémon GO's Season of Mischief.
Hitting your weekly Pokémon GO research breakthrough is pretty simple, you just need to complete seven field research tasks on different days. You can get Pokémon GO field research tasks by spinning PokéStops, and currently players are given one for free every day as a part of Pokémon GO’s pandemic changes. This is a godsend for rural players, but could be disappearing soon as Niantic reverts its systems.
If you complete a field research task every day, you can unlock a research breakthrough every seven days, which usually grants a better reward. However, much like the Pokémon GO Spotlight Hours and Pokémon GO raid bosses, the rewards for completing both field research tasks and your weekly research breakthroughs regularly change.
Pokémon GO Research Breakthrough Reward: November 2021
The Pokémon in Research Breakthroughs for November is Vullaby.
Pokémon GO Field Research Tasks: November 2021
Here is a full list of Pokémon GO field research tasks and rewards for November 2021. Bear in mind that these may change during events, for example Pokémon GO Fest 2021 will likely introduce some event-specific field research tasks.
Here are the tasks and rewards - note that an asterisk next to a Pokémon name means it could be shiny:
Catching Tasks Field Research tasks
- Catch 3 Pokémon: Rattata or Alolan Rattata*
- Catch 7 Pokemon: Magikarp*
- Catch a Dragon-type Pokémon: Dratini* or Bagon*
- Catch 1 Shadow Pokémon: Aron*
- Catch 5 Pokemon with Weather Boost: Hippopotas*, Poliwag*, Snover*, or Vulpix*
- Use 3 Nanab Berries to help catch Pokémon: Murkrow*
Buddy Field Research tasks
- Earn 3 hearts with your Buddy: Meowth*
- Earn 2 candies walking with your buddy: Bunnelby*
- Earn 3 candies walking with your buddy: Stunfisk
Throwing Field Research tasks
- Make 5 Nice throws: Dunsparce*
- Make 3 Great throws: Anorith*, Lileep*, or Snubbull*
- Make 3 Great throws in a row: Onix*
- Make 5 Great Curveball throws in a row: Spinda* (Pattern 8)
- Make 2 Excellent throws: Larvitar*
- Make 3 Excellent throws in a row: Gible*
Battle & Raid Field Research tasks
- Battle in GO Battle League: Marill*
- Win a Raid: Mawile*
- Win a Level 3 or higher Raid: Omanyte* or Kabuto*
- Win 5 Raids: Aerodactyl*
Friend Field Research tasks
- Send 3 Gifts to Friends: Lotad* or Seedot*
- Trade a Pokémon: Ekans* or Koffing*
Additional Field Research tasks
- Hatch an egg: Mantine
- Hatch 2 eggs: Beldum*
- Evolve a Pokémon: Eevee*
- Power up Pokémon 3 times: Bulbasaur*, Charmander*, or Squirtle*
- Power up Pokémon 5 times: Chikorita*, Cyndaquil*, or Totodile*
- Power up a Pokémon 7 times: Treecko*, Torchic*, or Mudkip*
- Spin 3 PokéStops or Gyms: Sudowoodo*
- Spin 5 PokéStops or Gyms: Ralts*
- Take a snapshot of wild Pokémon: Hoppip, Murkrow*, or Yanma*
- Take 2 snapshots of wild Psychic-type Pokémon: Natu*
- Purify 3 Shadow Pokémon: Slowpoke*
- Walk 2km: Treecko*, Torchic*, or Mudkip*
That's it for the Field Research tasks in Pokémon GO this month! Be sure to check back for event tasks, or head to the event-specific pages.