While playing Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, taking on battles is the main thing that you'll be doing. To progress with the story, you'll need to collect all eight gym badges and face the Elite Four. As Sinnoh Champion, you'll have the opportunity to rematch all gym leaders and collect even more Pokémon, including Pastoria City's gym leader, Crasher Wake, and his water-type Pokémon.
In this guide, we explain how to beat Crasher Wake of Pastoria City Gym, and how to later beat him in a rematch.
Read More: Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl: How To Increase Pokémon Friendship Level & Happiness Fast
How To Beat Pastoria City Gym and Crasher Wake
As with many of the gyms in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you'll have to solve a puzzle and battle with some fellow Pokémon Trainers before reaching Crasher Wake. If you're finding the puzzle troubling, here are some steps to help you:
- Head to the lower left area and stand on the yellow button.
- Head down the right set of stairs and head upwards, going up another two sets of stairs. Stand on the green button near Crasher Wake.
- Head down the stairs again and go down the right path, then head left, and you'll see a Sailor with a blue button in front of him. Stand on the blue button.
- Now the water has risen, you can go down, right, and then up again to reach a green button to stand on.
- To your right, go down the stairs that'll take you in the direction of the entrance, and stand on the orange button in the corner.
- Run upwards, going over three sets of stairs, then go left where the water has subsided. Then, go down and up two sets of stairs to reach another Sailor and a blue button to stand on.
- You can now go right, and then turn to approach Crasher Wake and challenge him!
Here are the three Pokémon he throws at you, their type, approximate level, and weaknesses:
|Gyarados||Water, Flying||27||Rock, Electric|
How To Rematch Pastoria City Gym and Crasher Wake
After defeating the Elite Four and Cynthia in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, you'll be crowned the Sinnoh Champion. You will then be able to return to each gym across the Sinnoh Region and rematch all leaders.
Here is Crasher Wake's second party of Pokémon that you'll need to prepare for:
|Ludicolo||Water, Grass||68||Flying, Bug, Poison|
|Kingdra||Water, Dragon||68||Dragon, Fairy|
|Gyarados||Water, Flying||70||Rock, Electric|
There you have it. That's everything you need to be able to face and beat Crasher Wake of Pastoria City in Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl.
To make sure you've got a good team by your side, check out our type-chart and evolution guide. Additionally, if you're now the Sinnoh Champion and want some cool Pokémon by your side, we recommend unlocking the National Pokédex and seeking out some legendary Pokémon.
For more articles like this, take a look at our Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and Guides page.