Phasmophobia might only be in Steam Early Access, but since launching in September, it's been an astronomical hit.
In most cases outranking the likes of GTA, Destiny 2 and so many more AAA titles.
But with massive success also comes a need to update the game more frequently to keep those bugs down to a minimum.
Now the team at Kinetic Games have released their latest beta update for the game, the first since September 30th.
The new October 25 Beta update is ready for testing and if you want to see the long list of changes introduced you can take a look at the new patch notes further down.
Away from the fixes though, this update is also making some big changes such as a voice sensitivity slider, tweaks to the text on Phasmophobia's Spirit Box as well as changes to the amount of Sanity players lose during ghost events.
Keep reading for the latest patch notes, or if you need some extra help, check out our extensive collection of guides to help you with your ghost hunting exploits.
Phasmophobia Guides - All Ghost Types And Evidence Explained | How To Use The Spirit Box And What Questions To Ask Ghosts? | How To Place The Camera And Record Ghosts | Ouija Board Questions And How To Use? | How to Phasmophobia Change Difficulty? | How To Use The Crucifix In Phasmophobia | Crucifix Not Working? Here's How To Fix It | How to use Smudge Sticks? | Phasmophobia Content Roadmap | Is Phasmophobia Coming To PS4? | Phasmophobia Tease Three New Maps
Phasmophobia October 25 Beta Update Patch Notes
- Added a voice sensitivity slider in the audio options.
- The text on the Spirit Box will say what the response said.
- Added a copy button for the server invite code that can be used when the code is hidden.
- Added text to show the server version on the server password screen.
- Added a button to enter passwords from your clipboard.
- Upgraded the server code to PUN2. This should fix most timeout disconnects and all voice chat issues.
- If your voice recognition is working you can no longer get a response on the Spirit Box just by talking, it will now only answer if you asked a question.
- Updated localisation.
- Lowered the pitch of the EMF Reader sound.
- Lowered the brightness of the lights on the main menu.
- The Australia server has been removed from the region selection.
- Ghost writing will now count for photo evidence.
- The lobby room list will no longer show empty or full rooms.
- Lowered the amount of sanity that you lose during a ghost event.
- The Ghost Orb and Bone will now spawn more towards the middle of the room.
- If your voice recognition stops working the Spirit Box will default to giving a random response by talking.
- The room temperature will no longer raise over time if the ghost leaves the room.
- Most of the save data has been moved off of the save file to help with optimisation and help prevent save files getting corrupted when you crash.
- The server invite code will now always be hidden by default.
- Fixed a bug where the microphone would reset in the audio options each game.
- Several optimisations to help with timeout disconnects.
- Potential fix for anyone on a University internet not being able to connect to the server.
- Fixed a bug where dead players couldn’t use voice chat.
- Fixed a bug where the Non-VR pause menu would become unusable.
- Fixed a bug where dead players were able to use the walkie talkie.
- Fixed a bug where you could take a Photo outside of Edgefield and it would count as Dead Body evidence.
- Fixed some spots where you could glitch through walls on Tanglewood.
- Fixed some spots on the Farmhouse maps where the Ghost could get stuck.
- Fixed an issue where you could change the text style of your name.
- Fixed a bug where VR Toggle mute was set to hold and not toggle.
- Fixed a Non-VR bug where the pause menu screens would overlap.
- Fixed a bug where rebinding drop to left mouse button would make the main menu unusable.
- Potential fix for save files being corrupted if you crash.
- Fixed a bug where the Ghost wouldn’t always lower the room temperature.
- Fixed a bug where changing the voice language wouldn’t change the voice recognition language.
- Fixed an issue where your would get disconnected by client timeout when loading levels.
- Fixed a bug where your sanity would raise during a Ghost Event.
- Fixed a bug where the ghost death hands could be seen on cameras.
- Fixed a bug where you could take photos through walls/ doors.
- Fixed an issue where players with 1GB vram graphics cards would crash in multiplayer when loading into a level.
- Fixed a bug where the photo evidence names would be in different languages depending on who took the photo.
- Fixed a bug where your sanity would raise by 25 during one of the ghost events.
- Fixed a bug where the windows and door handles in some doors were still visible when you were dead.
- Fixed a bug where the Ghost Orb would sometimes get disabled.
- Fixed a bug where the Smudge Sticks smoke would last forever if you swapped it into your inventory.
- Fixed a bug where you could get the temperature through the wall when you were outside.
- Fixed an issue where objects could fall behind the truck shelves and be made unreachable.
- Fixed a bug where several player sound effects were not being affected by the master volume.
- Fixed a bug where the push to talk button had to be held down for 1 second after your question for it to register as a phrase.
- Fixed a bug where the default items daily challenge wouldn’t complete.
- Fixed a bug where the thermometer would set off motion sensors.
- Ridgeview: Fixed a bug where the ghost orb would spawn outside of the basement.
- Fixed a bug where VR players would spawn outside the Truck if they were outside of their play space